The "Church of Gobaith"

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Great News!

After our monthly ritual today, I spoke with the leader of the Creedii, and they agreed we could help each other. We need Good men to be part of our church, and they need materials, help and exposure to others. They have joined our Eldan Parish!

Accordingly, Eldan Parish has become a full parish! Needing representation for it, I meditated and prayed. I have decided to break up the "Elder Parish", and create a parish for each of the Elder Gods.

Likewise, the "Quorum of 12" shall be henceforth called the Quorum of "Eleven and Five". The Elder's duties will not change, only 5 more members will be possible on the Quorum, of which one is filled by Father Carthusiana.

I have modified the "By-Laws" to reflect this change and will work on breaking up the parishes over the next few days.

This is a wonderful change and puts each parish level with the others. Very positive changes, and I hope it continues!

~Elder Father Justin N. Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

I have accepted the position of Archbishop of Trollsbane as the only cost to gain and repair the monastary. I have sent a letter to the builder and will post the costs as soon as we get them.

For now, feel free to visit the monastary, it needs some Tender Loving Care. Pull the weeds, pick up stones and clean the grounds.

Some worshippers live there, so please be respectful of them.

Parish Eldan is headquartered here, and I shall visit often. Hope to see more people there!

Many thanks,
~Father Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

Welcome to Rinal Kilhig who has signed up as a Paladin of Zhambra. Loyalty, comradship and fellowship are all traits to this God, and we hope his tenure is blessed by these.

~Father Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

Good News!

I have completed purchase of a little land in TrollsBane, and we shall help build a small public church there. It will be a small version of the Cathedral, and used as a place for worship and weddings in town.

This first step shall be good for the people of TrollsBane, until the Cathedral is finished.

I will post details later.

Many thanks,
~Father Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

In response to an Orc invasion of TrollsBane, and Father Grakir's participation in that invasion, I must take immediate and drastic action.

A Call for council is not needed in this case.

The Church of Gobaith represents what is Good or at least Neutral in the Gods. An attack upon any town, anywhere is by definition, evil.

Father Grakir, you have participated in the attack upon a town and it's people who did you no harm, and therefore it is considered an "Evil" act.

I am sorry, but you are hereby suspended from the church of Gobaith, effective immediately. May the "Father" continue to bless you and your actions, but your actions are not the "Good" example of Him, we seek to represent in this church.

In humble, yet stern admonishment,
~Father Thyme
Elder of the "Church of Gobaith"
Archbishop of TrollsBane
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

I beinks removedsks from the Church? I don'tsks understand why...

Beinks not the Father the God of blood and bonesks and battle? He wouldsks have been pleased by Grakir's darink take-over of Trollsbane. If it pleasinks the Godsks it beinks not evil.

Grakir havinks served his God well, but he seeinks that the Church havinks no understandinks of the Father!

But...If Grakir beinks leavinks, then the Orcsks will leave with him. They willsks not stand by and see their Shaman cast out - no the Orcses willsks leave. Rogruk, Wolfbane and Krebla cominks with Grakir. You may strikesks their name from the list, Thyme.

I promise yousks blood however, if the Church darinks to interfere at Dar'krest, that beinks the land of the Horde. Yousks will stay away, if yousks valueinks your life.

The voice of the Father,

High Shaman Grakir
Tuatha De Oldrann

Father Grakir,

They have the right to request to be removed, for they have done no wrong yet. They are offered the choice. I do not believe mother Krebla was involved.

As for Lord Rogruk and sister Kianna, Paladins and Monks may do as they wish, particpating in battle for their people and land is not 'evil' but 'just'. They fight because they must for their people, because it is their duty. Individual acts of 'murder', torture, rape etc. are Evil, but involvment in a campaign or war, is not.

However, Priests, especially High Priests are held to a higher standard. Their 'duty' is to God first. In their 'duty', they try to be the example, the voice, the conscience of God. They heal, they guide, they comfort and even try to delay or stop senseless attacks. They do not 'lead the charge'. They do all they can to stop war and bloodshed.

Even the Father (Moshran), he and one other confronted Madrook alone, to end the war quickly, and he chose to sacrfice himself to Madrook, rather than let Illarion fall to the armies of Darkness. This positive aspect of Moshran is what we strive to emphasize in this church. The Good of Moshran - Self-Sacrifice, Passion, Comradship and Love - these are the aspects that the Lord of Blood (His Blood), and Battle (Saving others from battle) is what we try to emphasize here.

In the lengthy Interview necessary to join, it was understood that you knew this. Obviosly you have forgotten how dangerous the 'Dark' side of Moshran can be. I am told that perhaps you were affected by an 'artifact', however this doesn't make sense because either you didn't lock it away as you have vowed to, or there is no artifact and you acted of your own accord. Either way, as a priest of Moshran, you cannot be trusted to be the shining example of those virtues I have stated previously.

I am sorry, and I hate to lose a priest with such great potential, but the Parish-Moshran is a parish that must be scrutinized closely for this reason. Many do not trust it, nor wish it among the pantheon we have.

I hope you understand our position, and understand the reasons.
~Father Thyme
Elder of the Church of Gobaith
Archbishop of TrollsBane
Tuatha De Oldrann

The place for the Irmorom Mass has changed to the altar on top of the mountain. Please follow the stairs up from the front gates,

~Father Thyme.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Welcome to Arandir, who was recruited by Brother Vian as a Monk of Eldan.

Also, welcome to Reverend Father Ferin Zwergenblut, who has agreed to head up our Irmorom Parish. Father Graubart is rumored to be leaving soon, and we will need Father Zwergenblut's advice and guidance in the ways of Irmorom.

Speaking of Irmorom, the mass at Silverbrand was spectacular. In the middle of it, a Messenger from Irmorom appeared and issued the dwarves of Silverbrand a warning, and a mission. This divine mission to them affects us all. Illarion itself could be destroyed if they fail, which is why we shall give them all the assistance they require.

I call on all Paladins to meet with the Dwarven Queen, Friedwulfa, and assist her and her dwarves anyway we can. As I said, this affects us all, and I ask all Paladins to help.

In humble thanks,
~Father Thyme
Daelyn

Post by Daelyn »

Father, do you want me as well to aid in this? It would mean I have to drop my current task; empowering the staff of Eldan. Aldan Vian, Arandir and myself are making great progress at this point.

Blessings of the five, and wisdom of Eldan

~Daelyn Mitore~
-Priest of Eldan
Joxia Doral

paladins

Post by Joxia Doral »

Does this mean Paladins from all faiths or just Imorom?

Gaurdian of Nargun
High Lady Joxia Doral
Hushed

Post by Hushed »

If all of Illarion be at stake, I be hopin' that all paladins report to 'er.

Paladin of Zhambra
Rinal Kilhig
Joxia Doral

paladins

Post by Joxia Doral »

Of course I will if I am allowed. My concern was if it is restricted to Paldins of Imorom

Gaurdian of Nargun
High Lady Joxia Doral
Desmond Ignatious

Post by Desmond Ignatious »

A young stranger can be seen browsing the boards, he gives a sharp and hopeful grin as he reveals a quill from the fold in his cap and begins to write

To whom this may concern.

Enthusiasm radiates from my heart as I read about your organization. My name is Desmond Ignatious, I hail from the Kharm Desert back on the mainland. I am intrigued by the orderly manner you seem to approach the interest of the church and respectfully propose membership. As a hunter I have prayed to both Bragon and Malachin, thus would be most astute as a Paladin to either.

Awaiting your word.

Desmond Ignatious
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Those within the parish of Eldan are hereby asked that they might train under the Credii, in order to safeguard Eldan from heretical teachings. The Credii are deeply concerened that the Church may lead people down a false path is Orthodoxy is not mainitained, thus I invite Aldan Vian, Arandir and Daelyn Mitore to train with us. We pray that you will be enlightened in knowledge, as is the wish of Elder Father Thyme who asks for this cross-training.

In Eldan's Name,

Expleti A. Carthusiana, Bishop
Tuatha De Oldrann

All Paladins of all faiths are encouraged, nay...required to report to Queen Friedwulfa for assignment on how to help Silverbrand in their hour of need. As I said, their mission affects us all. I and Father Guldrap have personally witnessed the God Irmorom give this mission to them. Please assist them when you can.

Welcome to Ayd, who will join Nargun-Parish as a Paladin. She hails from Varshikar, but was involved and impressed by a Nargun ritual. Now she wishes to serve him as she has always done.

Welcome to Desmond Ignatious, who will join as a Paladin of Bragon, for he would benefit there greatly. Desmond is new to the Isle, so welcome him please.

I also encourage anyone of Eldan Parish to train with the Creedii, for they are one and the same.

I would like to also encourage all Paladins to join the Knights of Gobaith, to seek training and further comradship with the several Paladins we have there already.

This cross-training in both of our "Cooperative" organizations benefits us all.

In humble thanks for our many blessings,
~Father Thyme
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

I'm a cleric that wants to learn the ways of Oldra and Sirani and posably be blessed by them to be able to cast cure ing and food type spells.

~Oloya Ra
Tuatha De Oldrann

Darkform wrote:I'm a cleric that wants to learn the ways of Oldra and Sirani and posably be blessed by them to be able to cast cure ing and food type spells.

~Oloya Ra
Oloya Ra,

We would welcome you as a Priest ((RP stuff)), Scribe ((Writing)) or as a Monk ((crafting)). Mages are not a separate class within the church, but several serve as priests during their service with us.

Oldra is available concerned with agriculture mostly, and Sirani concerned with mostly peace is led by the fair mother Opalin.

Simply respond with which God you'd like to serve (Only one to ensure optimal service) and how you'd like to serve.

Many thanks,
~Father Thyme
Zananex Zane

Post by Zananex Zane »

A young man in full metal armor walks up to the board, parchment in hand. He pins the parchment up and smiles as he takes a bite of an apple.

To the Father of the Church,

After being in Gobiath for the short time I have been, I have seen many things that pain me. I ask of you to allow me to aid you with my services as a Paladin of Zhambra, to protect the weak and innocent and bring peace to the land. I await your reply anxiously.

~Zananex Zane
Tuatha De Oldrann

Welcome!

We would like to welcome Lord Zane as a Paladin of Zhambra.

~In humble blessings,
~Father Thyme
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

Tuatha De Oldrann wrote:
Darkform wrote:I'm a cleric that wants to learn the ways of Oldra and Sirani and posably be blessed by them to be able to cast cure ing and food type spells.

~Oloya Ra
Oloya Ra,

We would welcome you as a Priest ((RP stuff)), Scribe ((Writing)) or as a Monk ((crafting)). Mages are not a separate class within the church, but several serve as priests during their service with us.

Oldra is available concerned with agriculture mostly, and Sirani concerned with mostly peace is led by the fair mother Opalin.

Simply respond with which God you'd like to serve (Only one to ensure optimal service) and how you'd like to serve.

Many thanks,
~Father Thyme
I'm interested in both agriculture and peace.

but I'm a member of the Union and it is more agriculture based.

I may be the priest for the Union (not confirmed yet).

if I chose one I would say a non strict Oldra because I do fish.

~Oloya Ra
Tuatha De Oldrann

Then Oloya Ra, Welcome as a Priest of Oldra!

We haven't had anyone for Oldra yet, but we have to begin somewhere. There is currently a shrine to her in Greenbriar, and a statue of her at the Union.

Munalunder has also granted us the use of the lands at the Union, so I am sure you will be among friends there.

Due to high sensitivities right now, do not try to hold ritual in Greenbriar yet. The Union will do for a ritual in Olos (Begin planning one). Thank you.

Welcome and Goddess Bless!
~Father Thyme
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

I also need to learn cleric spells and the magick acadamy says they don't teach clerics and to ask the church for training.

~Oloya Ra
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Father Oloya,

We do not teach magery in this Church, we operate solely on a religious basis. If you wish to work as a cleric here, then you will pursuing the worship of Oldra and the organisation of her parish. If you wish to learn mage-craft, then the only place is the magic academy. Consider in yourself whether you are truly called to Oldra, or whether you are led merely by a selfish desire to practice magery. Do you need to learn these spells? I doubt it, this island is already overpopulated with mages; you will do better work serving Oldra, Goddess of the Earth, if that is what you are called to. We can train you for the priesthood, but that is all.

In Eldan's Name,

Expleti A. Carthusiana, Bishop of the West
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

Bellringer wrote:Father Oloya,

We do not teach magery in this Church, we operate solely on a religious basis. If you wish to work as a cleric here, then you will pursuing the worship of Oldra and the organisation of her parish. If you wish to learn mage-craft, then the only place is the magic academy. Consider in yourself whether you are truly called to Oldra, or whether you are led merely by a selfish desire to practice magery. Do you need to learn these spells? I doubt it, this island is already overpopulated with mages; you will do better work serving Oldra, Goddess of the Earth, if that is what you are called to. We can train you for the priesthood, but that is all.

In Eldan's Name,

Expleti A. Carthusiana, Bishop of the West
I don't want to be a mage I want to be a cleric with heling spells cureing spells food spells and trun undead spells to better serve Oldra. I'm not interested in creating fire or spells that harm liveing things and because of this the magick academy won't take me in. (OOC I'm trying to make Oloya a cleric with cleric type spells not mage spells the church should teach these or the magick academy acept clerics or the GMs should teach a cleric cleric spells in the church so that cleric can then teach new clerics. as I see it right now Illarion has no clerics even tho it is a class you can pick noone is teaching clerics cleric spells wich is wrong.)

maybe if I pray to Oldra enough she will grant me cleric spells.

~Oloya
Senrin der Ältere

Post by Senrin der Ältere »

Father Oloya,

Neither the Church nor the academie can
teach you 'cleric spells' as you call them,
but the gods can make you more
powerful than any mage.
Irmorom himself already gave me two
presents.

Signed

~Ferin Dwarvenblood
Highpriest of Irmorom
Keeper of forge of Irmorom
Lord of the Holy Flame of Borag Urburur
Father's cupbearer
Tuatha De Oldrann

Father Oloya,

I will make a request to the Mage academy on your behalf, but for now, learn the ways of a priest of Oldra. Perhaps they will have a teacher willing to teach only those spells you require. There is no other way.
((We must work within the systems we have - Create what you want, there are no classes in Illarion.))

Bishop Aldan Vian is also on the path of Mana, and may have advice for you. He is training under Mage Eli Travinus and maybe his teacher could assist you.

Thank you,
~Father Thyme
Darkform

Post by Darkform »

also I'm a female so mother would be better than father.

thank you for your help.

~Oloya Ra
Tuatha De Oldrann

My apologies. I'll make the corrections.

~Father Thyme
Tuatha De Oldrann

~An excerpt from the internal Board is posted here~

~Ecumenical Order #6~

To all New Priests from now on:

We will begin new people for Priest positions as "Deacons/Deconesses" of the Parish. They will also be 'mentored' either by myself or any High Priest.

Being a priest is difficult and satisfying work, and to ensure we have people able and willing to do this work, we shall make them "Deacons" for as long as it takes to interview them and judge their 'suitability' for the position. This also gives a person time to judge the church and their role in it.

This is not permanent position, but only as long as it take to observe their intent and ability to be the caring, healing and comforting presence we need of all our priests. Only myself or a High Priest can 'ordain' a Deacon or Deaconess.

The rewards of Good Priest work are many, and the requirements few, only to prove you are willing to act as a priest.
((Priests require "Priestly" RP))........

......In humble blessings and thanks,
~Elder Father Thyme