Eat slowly it is better for your stomach - proposal.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hawkmoon

Eat slowly it is better for your stomach - proposal.

Post by Hawkmoon »

I would like to see food as a kind of potion when it comes to using it. When we are fighting and want to drink a potion we need to get away from the fight to not spill the potion as it is now. That is great I think. But why can we eat as long as we don't attack and why can we eat quicker than we drink?

Make eating as hard as drinking potions I say and make it possible to drop the food if trying to fight and eat at the same time. Also make the eating consume more time than drinking a potion I would say and if possible maybe you could make the eating speed better if one use cutlery when eating?

Would be great I would say!
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Why...whats the purpose behind that?
There is a reason that potions can not be drunk, now including that to eating is just annoying.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I believed you brought this up before http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... g+fighting IMO a good way to get ghosted especially for new chars. why make things more difficult? I don't see a RP advantage to this proposal mainly of skill based limitations.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

well it does add an element of realism, but theres no actual need for it, so the gms wont do it, sorry man.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

They won't even make tobacco, I doubt they'll do this.
Maeglin Telemmaite

Post by Maeglin Telemmaite »

i mean why not make tobacco!!

take a sibinac leaf,change the color to brown and create tobacco!!!

it just wierdly sprouts from the ground like a big cluster of sibinac in the same square and INSTANT CANER STICKS!!!
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Achae Eanstray wrote:I believed you brought this up before http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... g+fighting IMO a good way to get ghosted especially for new chars. why make things more difficult? I don't see a RP advantage to this proposal mainly of skill based limitations.
Well.. You think it is good in a RP way to eat while fight? Why have the limitations when using the potions and not eating? The opposite would have been better IMHO if one had to choose.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Hawkmoon wrote:
Achae Eanstray wrote:I believed you brought this up before http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... g+fighting IMO a good way to get ghosted especially for new chars. why make things more difficult? I don't see a RP advantage to this proposal mainly of skill based limitations.
Well.. You think it is good in a RP way to eat while fight? Why have the limitations when using the potions and not eating? The opposite would have been better IMHO if one had to choose.
Po fred makes a good point here imo. It would be nicer to be able to actually rp eating a meal (i know this can be done anyway, but it would just feel nicer with the food taking a while to be eaten and leave an effect.) so i do get his point. Eating while fighting to boost your health just seems corny too. Maybe you should have to hold food in your hands to eat it?
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

I once ate a chicken burger while I was whacking some dude in the cafeteria at school. Are you telling me I should have dropped this chicken burger? Because I can assure you I was doing a great job with one hand.

A drink I would have spilt all over the place sure, but it was easy enough to hold onto that burger.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Retlak wrote:I once ate a chicken burger while I was whacking some dude in the cafeteria at school. Are you telling me I should have dropped this chicken burger? Because I can assure you I was doing a great job with one hand.

A drink I would have spilt all over the place sure, but it was easy enough to hold onto that burger.
Did he lose out to your never-ending food bar? :D
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Retlak wrote:I once ate a chicken burger while I was whacking some dude in the cafeteria at school. Are you telling me I should have dropped this chicken burger? Because I can assure you I was doing a great job with one hand.

Well I have a feeling it is a bit different fighting for your life with swords in both hands and eat a complete dish on a plate than fighting someone for fun while holding a burger in one of your hands. =) But what do I know. =)
EDIT: Forgot.. Well a drink in a glass i a bit different to a bottle I would say. Bottles are much less likely to be spilled out I would say.