Price adjustments

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Achae Eanstray

Price adjustments

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I thought a thread started to add any inconsistencies in prices in game would be nice... if one already started I will delete this one:

Tailoring
Bags can be bought for 50 copper yet it takes more then minumum tailoring skill to make them and since they can't sell higher then an NPC is stuck with less then 50 copper if want to sell bags at all. (how many tailors are actually ig now?)

suggestion.. bags like they used to be of one silver, this gives tailors a chance to sell cheaper.

Blue dye which takes high herb gathering to get the anger berries, plus raw bluestones which an NPC sells for 4 silver apiece and also buys raw bluestone so cuts out any help a tailor can get from fighters can be bought in tb for 50 copper....MUCH cheaper then ANY tailor could make it for.

suggestion: how often is dye used? Does it need to be sold by NPC's at all? Sell raw bluestones for the old price.. I believe 50 copper.

Slings to train distance can be made by most and if not found in loot.

suggestion: Have slings be harder to make..requiring more skill and "wear out soon" with the drops.

Dresses are one of the highest skills for tailoring yet that and robes are probably the most wanted. Dresses can be bought for 5 silver at Eliza's.

suggestion: decrease the skill needed for dresses. Right now a dress is harder to make then fur greaves. Add different color dresses, if not in the graphic at least in the description.

...any inconsistencies noted for other crafts?
Last edited by Achae Eanstray on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Estralis is going to hug you for that ;)
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Perhaps even suggest some price changes! Ofcourse, the player economy decides their own prices, but anything you can suggest for prices for NPCs would be great! Thanks for pointing out the inconsistencies by the way.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Mesha wrote:Perhaps even suggest some price changes! Ofcourse, the player economy decides their own prices, but anything you can suggest for prices for NPCs would be great! Thanks for pointing out the inconsistencies by the way.
I added suggestions thank you. IMO any suggestions to neutralize the differences in prices and allow a crafter to sell a product would be helpful however. :D

IF the game can EVER get a cloak with a hood on it, I have a feeling tailors would be VERY busy!
Llama

Re: Price adjustments

Post by Llama »

Achae Eanstray wrote: suggestion: how often is dye used? Does it need to be sold by NPC's at all? Sell raw bluestones for the old price.. I believe 50 copper.
Smiths need it to paint shields (-_-) and in some cases the armor. To my knowledge there's only one shield that needs blue dye, and selling the dye for 50 coppers will mean nobody will ever make this shield.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Achae Eanstray wrote: suggestion: how often is dye used? Does it need to be sold by NPC's at all? Sell raw bluestones for the old price.. I believe 50 copper.
Smiths need it to paint shields (-_-) and in some cases the armor. To my knowledge there's only one shield that needs blue dye, and selling the dye for 50 coppers will mean nobody will ever make this shield.
The dye is 50 copper now. I am suggesting NPC's NOT sell any dye. This would generate some revenue for tailors.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Achae Eanstray wrote:I am suggesting NPC's NOT sell any dye.
I agree totally. Intermediate and raw materials are nothing for NPCs IMHO. As well as using dye for shields is not a good idea (dye is no paint!).
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Estralis Seborian wrote:
Achae Eanstray wrote:I am suggesting NPC's NOT sell any dye.
I agree totally. Intermediate and raw materials are nothing for NPCs IMHO. As well as using dye for shields is not a good idea (dye is no paint!).
But wrong... the halfling around the hospital in Trolls Bane is alchemist and also sells dyes. Since a half year now.
Olive

Post by Olive »

nobody was argueign IF he did they said he SHOULDN"T
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

Achae Eanstray wrote:I thought a thread started to add any inconsistencies in prices in game would be nice... if one already started I will delete this one:

Tailoring
Bags can be bought for 50 copper yet it takes more then minumum tailoring skill to make them and since they can't sell higher then an NPC is stuck with less then 50 copper if want to sell bags at all. (how many tailors are actually ig now?)

suggestion.. bags like they used to be of one silver, this gives tailors a chance to sell cheaper.
That price is still too low. Minimum NPC price should be 2 silvers. Then maybe a tailor could get around 50 coppers for a bag.
Achae Eanstray wrote: Blue dye which takes high herb gathering to get the anger berries, plus raw bluestones which an NPC sells for 4 silver apiece and also buys raw bluestone so cuts out any help a tailor can get from fighters can be bought in tb for 50 copper....MUCH cheaper then ANY tailor could make it for.

suggestion: how often is dye used? Does it need to be sold by NPC's at all? Sell raw bluestones for the old price.. I believe 50 copper.
I agree. NPC's should not sell dye.
Achae Eanstray wrote:Slings to train distance can be made by most and if not found in loot.

suggestion: Have slings be harder to make..requiring more skill and "wear out soon" with the drops.
Never sold a sling ... remove them from the drops and make slings more efficent (e.g. more damage or better skilling abilities or whatever)
Achae Eanstray wrote:Dresses are one of the highest skills for tailoring yet that and robes are probably the most wanted. Dresses can be bought for 5 silver at Eliza's.

suggestion: decrease the skill needed for dresses. Right now a dress is harder to make then fur greaves. Add different color dresses, if not in the graphic at least in the description.
I do not agree completely. Do not decrese the skill needed. But add many different colors! And increase the NPC buying price, e.g. 150 coppers instead of 15 ...
Achae Eanstray wrote:...any inconsistencies noted for other crafts?

Additional:

NPCs should NOT sell ropes.

Add some "normal" hats and caps.

Add some splendid suits.

Add leather sandals.

Add aprons (Schürze), cloth for cooks, leather for smiths.

Finally: let NPC SELL leather! (making leather is a pain since the multispan feature was disabled)
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Great ideas Rosendil! :D
Llama

Post by Llama »

multispan feature ?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Because I really don't want to spend a long amount of time doing this, I am going to reply to each point in the order they were brought up. Sorry if it comes off as negative, but this is my two cents as some one who follows economies and crafts.

@ bags
Two silver for a bag? No. That is -way- too much. That is over half a newbie's money, and I rarely ever see a tailor IG. Just because you improve a system, doesn't mean that it is going to bring in more wanting to use it.

@ Npc's not selling dye.

Again, we don't have very many tailors IG. This makes other crafters just have to pick up another work load. Other crafts need colors, such as grey, or yellow.
"I have a staff ready but I need dye. Come back in two weeks and maybe I will have found some one to make it." Thats just going to make items that require dyes to.. die, many of which have.

@ paint idea

I like it, but where would this be put? Cooking? Maybe if the druid system comes about it can be included into that, at a low skill, but not before I hope.

@ slings

I have sold slings. I have been asked about them. Damage could be improved, but it takes a bit of skill to make them. Not only that, but for rp reasons I am going to say that slings aren't going to do much. They throw rocks. Ofcourse, in a game where one may pick up a bow and shoot arrows, instead of starting slow with slings, there is little point in them besides toys.

@ inconsistences:
The fact that the items in TB are more expensive and the ones further away was intentional, to spread out the game a bit more. Ropes are rarely needed, but when they are it is usually a -quick- need. If a criminal needs to be tied up, they could get away very easily with the fact that no one has a rope thanks to no one selling them.
I agree with the npc's selling leather, but only small qualities. If it is difficult for players, why should npc's have this hidden stock?

More hats and suits and dresses would be nice too, but that probably requires graphics and that ofcourse will take some time.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Your main arguement of
don't have very many tailors IG
is because they don't earn any copper though. It is sort of a catch-22 situation. Achae started to tailor more including making dye but quit when dye was sold. It takes awhile for crafters to figure out they can actually make copper crafting..look how many cooks are now ig?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Well, as we talked a little, I thought of a suggestion.

Make clothes deteriorate somewhat with work. Not as much as tools, but somewhat. Gathering should wear away a bit more, but since gathering is usually done in large spells it should not be too great as soon you will just have naked workers. Think on it, please.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I like that idea... and also thought of another.

Any clothes you wear shows in the descrip as max average. Yet a char wears good armor it shows in the descrip excellent or beautiful dressed. It would be nice if either clothes or armor showed the same descrip depending on the state the clothes/armor is in. That is if you wear an excellent trouser and shirt the description should show that you are dressed just as well as good armor. If you wear threadbare trousers and shirt, the decription should show shoddily dressed.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Okay more answers are needed here....
Done. In Greenbriar and Trolls Bane you cna buy leather bags fr 100 coppers now, instead of 50 coppers and only in Greenbriar.
Blue dye which takes high herb gathering to get the anger berries, plus raw bluestones which an NPC sells for 4 silver apiece and also buys raw bluestone so cuts out any help a tailor can get from fighters can be bought in tb for 50 copper....MUCH cheaper then ANY tailor could make it for.
I lowered the difficulty of anger berries a bit now.

What NPC sells raw bluestones? I can not find one. Tony Baggins (Halfling of the Hospital) only buys some, with the intension, to use them for his dyes.

The dyes of Tony Baggins are too cheap? I ready thought they would be "high", in intension what i noticed in use of my own chars. But okay, we can talk about to increase the prices.

But i am against to remove dyes in general. My intension is, that nearly everything should be reachable in use of NPCs. That is what i do currently. I watch locations and decide to push up NPCs in kind, how it is needed, that the local "economy" works, also in times without other players.

Dresses are one of the highest skills for tailoring yet that and robes are probably the most wanted. Dresses can be bought for 5 silver at Eliza's.

The NPC who trades dresses is called Maris Maroqu, not Eliza. He is the supporter of tailors. I increased the price of selling and buying a bit. But i am not sure, if the new situation will be the last decision.

Different Dresses are impossible in kind you want. To implement Items about description, without a new graphic is crap in my eyes. We need new graphics and the ability to implement them inside the client.
Olive

Post by Olive »

Lets discuss pins

the'normal' price for pins is 1 copper each, and the 'normal' price for iron ingots are 8 coppers, or broken down to 4 for the iron and 4 for the coal.

as you can see here there is no chance for somebody to find pins atthis price as nobody makes them unles they mined their own ores.

considering that a pin is just a sliver of metal with a point. what would be the harm in making an iron ingot produce ten pins. it would make pins available to more people as more smiths could afford to make them for sale
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

3 NPCs sells pins and pins & cutters.
Olive

Post by Olive »

but i am betting they charge more than one copper each, and do not sell 1000 at a time
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

I lowered the difficulty of anger berries a bit now

This does NOTHING to help tailors, in fact can hinder those....now it makes it easier for those that haven't skilled to make dyes, the problem with dyes was NOT the anger berries, but the raw bluestones. :cry:

There is an NPC near the greenbriar tavern that sells and has always sold raw bluestone. The latest price told Achae yesterday was 4 silver.

Dye is MUCH too cheap at 50 copper. Especially blue dye... NPC's need not to sell any dye to encourage tailors in game... if you MUST have an NPC.. the dyes need to be at least 2 silver and more... possibly even higher for blue dye.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Olive wrote:but i am betting they charge more than one copper each, and do not sell 1000 at a time
I also work on to lift up the numbers of traded goods.... Mugush allways has 500 pins now, and sells them to 5 coppers each....

That is more than the price of a player, yes. But whoever only buys by NPCs with aim to sell to NPCs will have a general lose.

It is moderate enough to use it as alternative, to produce goods, which can be sold to players.

@Achae Eanstray: Thanks for the informations. I think about a solution when i am back at home in the evening
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Thank you Lennier, I appreciate your help!
Llama

Post by Llama »

Olive wrote:Lets discuss pins

the'normal' price for pins is 1 copper each, and the 'normal' price for iron ingots are 8 coppers, or broken down to 4 for the iron and 4 for the coal.
As far as I know the price for iron ingots is 6 coppers (3 each).

And yeah I had this problem, 1175 pins have a construction price of almost 15 silvers.
Olive

Post by Olive »

iron sells for 4 coppers coal for the same now, assumign you can find a seller, which you cant anymore

even at 6 coppers you still lose 1 copper per set of five, so it doesn't get made for sale.