Attributes messed up?

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

squee

Attributes messed up?

Post by squee »

Can some GM fix my problem...

When i created my character i selected mage. But now i viewed my characters attributes and its strength is 19 for some reason, and everything isnt as its suppose to be. So i created a test char to see the attributes for mage and it looks way different from my chars attributes. Please fix this problem.
Llama

Post by Llama »

If its just a small character , you can always delete and re-make him yourself.
squee

Post by squee »

It's not a small character. I put work into it, and i don't want it all to go away. I just didn't notice before it had the wrong attributes.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Sorry bud, from what I understand the GMs only change your attributes up to 5 and that takes a while with monitored role play to express reason for the change.

More than likely they will suggest you remake.
squee

Post by squee »

I don't want to remake!!! I want my attributes to be as there supposed to be! Its not my fault there like that, it was probably a bug.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Taliss Kazzxs wrote:Sorry bud, from what I understand the GMs only change your attributes up to 5 and that takes a while with monitored role play to express reason for the change.

More than likely they will suggest you remake.

That's not even correct.

Anyway, Wait untill a GM or Dev replies here, hopefully they can fix your problem since you accidently chose the wrong attribute package or something.
squee

Post by squee »

Ok, also these are my attributes, i don't think this is even an attribute package:

Strength (19)
Constitution (4)
Dexterity (5)
Agility (4)
Intelligence (15)
Willpower (15)
Perception (7)
Essence (15)
Naerwyn

Post by Naerwyn »

Character name, and can someone verify that the char has been played as a mage?
squee

Post by squee »

character name is Squee'
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Retlak wrote:
Taliss Kazzxs wrote:.

That's not even correct.

:? I have had several chars Gms have changed Attributes for and the limit was always up to five points, usually after hunting in the woods or studying..
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

If you skilled as a craftsman with those attributes, mage stats wouldn't allow the same skills as 19 strength would. Latest I understand is the max points can be changed is 2. * shrugs *

I know it is hard remaking a char.. but I have remade one just recently that had almost yellow in one skill. This when I found out I needed a different attribute for what I wanted to accomplish. :wink: ..Have you been accepted/have a teacher as a mage?
squee

Post by squee »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote:If you skilled as a craftsman with those attributes, mage stats wouldn't allow the same skills as 19 strength would. Latest I understand is the max points can be changed is 2. * shrugs *

I know it is hard remaking a char.. but I have remade one just recently that had almost yellow in one skill. This when I found out I needed a different attribute for what I wanted to accomplish. :wink: ..Have you been accepted/have a teacher as a mage?
Yes i have a teacher, haven't learned anything yet. Also i don't need to remake the char, if you scroll up a GM asks for name and someone to verify me playing as mage.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The limits of changing attributes are a change by a absolute value of 2 on each attribute. But no attribute may raise due thing changes aboth 16 or below 5.

In any way claiming the setting of your attributes a "bug" is plain and simple stupid. The attributes can be setted individual as the player think it shall fit. And I suppose you just thougth "hey some strength is cool" and drag the value up.

So after all there is no problem that needs to be fixed.

Nitram
squee

Post by squee »

Since i have only two options, i say i will recreate my char.
Last edited by squee on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
squee

Post by squee »

ok in the process of creating a new char i selected mage and it showed 19 strength. I cleared my cache and did disk clean up and it still showed 19.
What are the default attributes for mage?
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

I'm not sure what exactly is going wrong with you Squee, but I tried creating a new char, selected "mage", and everything was A-Okay. No "19 strength" or any other issue.
squee

Post by squee »

It is 19 strength because when i create a char with my own selected attributes it saves... And i cleared everything i could and it still says 19 strength. So can you create a test lizard and tell me what the attributes are for mage?
Last edited by squee on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

He's correct.. Squee found a error in the lizard attribute package.. Mage selection has 19 Strength, unless this was deliberate value I thank you for finding this error, your notification has been appreciated.
Last edited by Retlak on Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
squee

Post by squee »

And i deleted my char for nothing... :(
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Well i doubt you made too much progress with him, you're kinda new right? When you get more used to skilling / item gathering you'll reach your old place in absolutely no time at all.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.
squee

Post by squee »

Are deleted characters restorable?
Also is all the #i stuff gone?
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Deleted characters are not restorable sadly, once deleted the Database information are completely removed.

#i function should still work ingame.

Edit: oh, if you mean your characters names that he gathered over your play time, no these are not gone if you make the exact same char name again. He'll know the names of people who you knew before. Name files are saved onto your computer, not the illarion database.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Retlak absolutely pwned this thread. He brought tears to my eyes.

Anyway, did a GM take note of the bug? Or is it still "Simply stupid"?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

There is no bug. The player selected the mage attrib pack and draged the strength bar up after.

This way this attribute setting was created.

Nitram
Llama

Post by Llama »

Nitram wrote:There is no bug. The player selected the mage attrib pack and draged the strength bar up after.

This way this attribute setting was created.

Nitram
Isn't that a bit of a bad idea?

ADDED:

Umm, I checked MINE and the lizard mage DOES have 19 strength.