Trollsbane seeks Priests and Monks

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

*you can't help noticing a parchment that is written with big, screaming red letters*

Write your names here.

Archduke Cromwell

((Minimum amount needed is 4 :) ))
Denuard

Post by Denuard »

Denuard is my name. I am a priest of Elara and I am living here for a few months. Though I have spent my time in solitude and meditating so far.

You may leave a letter for me, as I am interested in the purpose of Troll's Bane is looking for clerics.

~ Denuard Forkmar
Rhandarja Opalin

Post by Rhandarja Opalin »

Very honorable Archduke,

my name is Rhandarja Opalin .. maybe you remember me as a bard in your town.

I'm serving Holy Sirani, the Lady of Love. In this days of pain and violence I hope to bring the Lady's smile back to this town. With the help of the nobles and the citizens, i'm sure this quest will come to a good end in the Lady's name.

May Lady Siranis smile fill your live with joy and love.

with all my respect,
Rhandarja Opalin, Priestress of Sirani.
Last edited by Rhandarja Opalin on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Archduke Cromwell,

I am glad that your city has finally recognised its own state of spiritual decay, I hope that our united brothers and sisters in faith will be able to answer your call with alacrity.

My name is Anthony Carthusiana, I am an Expleti monk of the Credii order - I would be happy to aid you in whatever way you need, for our monks and lay followers see servitude as a path to Eldan's realm. Who knows, perhaps my presence in your town may be able to bring more people to the faith...

Signed,

Expleti
Anthony Carthusiana
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I, Maius Therodor, am here to answer your call Archduke of Troll's Bane. Only Elara's light can assure greatness to come over your request. Whatever guidance you need, I can provide it in ample amount.

Eternal knowledge to you,

Maius Therodor
Priest of Elara
Caecilianus Cathari

Post by Caecilianus Cathari »

I am Caecilianus Cathari, Expleti of the Credii. A monk of Eldan.

Caecilianus Cathari
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Hail Archduke Cromwell!

I am new to these lands but I have heard many a story of Dead that walk, undead beneath the Earth and many cemetary and graves untended or even forgotten!

This shall not do!

I have come, as a representative of the Mainland Church of the All-Mother to assist you and even all Gobaith to cure this 'restlessness' of the dead, and to give them peace.

We tend Graves, build chapels, care for cemetaries, and send the 'walking dead' to Peaceful slumber. I have been sent to build Holy Chapels dedicated to the local Gods/Goddesses as well as Cemetaries for all who need one. I hope to also build a fine Cathedral in TrollsBane, an obvious choice for an immense dedication to the Five Elder Gods!

Please accept my name as a citizen of your fair town, and please meet with me to talk of how I may assist you, by assisting me in my work to lay the 'dead' to rest.

In sincerest thanks,
~Father Justin Nickov Thyme
Lord High Priest in Gobaith, Church of the All-Mother
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Who is this All-Mother you speak of Father Thyme? Sounds like you are committing heresy to me!

Maius Therodor
Priest of Elara
Tuatha De Oldrann

Maius Therodor,

I am delighted you asked, for it is my honor to bring the knowledge of the Church of the All-Mother to Gobaith. Unlike most priests, it is in Deeds, not Words with which we worship.

The All-Mother is the spirt which bore, nourished and reclaims your mortal body while in this plane. She is the Earth, giving all that is grown and mined. She is the Sun, giving light and warmth. She is the Nurturer and Reclaimer, for when dead, we all return to her gentle embrace. She cares for our souls, and ferries them across the Great River beyond, to Paradise.

The poor souls who have been denied a path to the All-Mother are the unfortunate and tormented ones. Doomed to spend eternity in dripping, decayed flesh, uncaring for living things. Even destroyed, these undead cannot truly rest in peace, for their souls must be guided to the path to the All-Mother.

Tis not heresy to wish to help your fellow souls. The All-Mother be a Younger Goddess among many, yet all beholden to the Five. Her followers are many, however like a Sword, they cut both ways. Some followers, without the enlightenment our Church provides, stray and become corrupted in the ways of the World, perverting the worship of our Goddess to their own ambitions and evil ends.

We, of the Church believe in Balance and Justice above all, and glorify the All-Mother as she deserves, as the beginning and end for that immortal spark within each Mortal Body, from her Love we are born, and to her embrace we return. Setting souls to rest is our goal, and my mission here.

Will you aid me in my quest?

Respectfully,
Lord High Priest of Gobaith, Church of the All-Mother
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Ah, so of Oldra you speak? My words were wrong, and for that I apologise. It has been long since I have heard of such vigorous Oldra priests whom spread the faith with such enthusiasm. However, I believe that Oldra has no place anywhere else but in halfling's lands, so no, I will not aid you in your quest.

However, we have not heard of Archduke Cromwell yet, so let us wait for his words.

Maius Therodor
Priest of Elara
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

What use is a bountiful earth if the spirit is empty, do not then turn from the God of Spirit who is Eldan, from whom our salvation stems.

Expleti Anthony Carthusiana
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

The Gods can not be compared with one anouther. The Elders appointed the Youngers. The Elders are elemental, and spiritual. The Youngers are more definable. None are more important to the world than the other, and most are absolutely neccasary. Bragon gave us warmth, Ushara the earth, Tanos the water, Findari the air we breath, and Eldan our souls. Elara helps us learn, Zhambra wants friendship and strength in it, Sirani wants love, and ect. All of these are important to who we are as people. The Elders are what we -desperately- need, and the Youngers are what we want, and they grant it to us. The Gods are mostly benevolant.

-unsigned-
Tuatha De Oldrann

Misjbar wrote:Ah, so of Oldra you speak? My words were wrong, and for that I apologise. It has been long since I have heard of such vigorous Oldra priests whom spread the faith with such enthusiasm. However, I believe that Oldra has no place anywhere else but in halfling's lands, so no, I will not aid you in your quest....

Maius Therodor
Priest of Elara
I am sorry to hear that, but I respect your decision. If this post is the sum of all spiritual leaership on this Isle, I fear we may all need to go our separate directions if only to complete all that must be done to revive worship in these lands! We are vastly outnumbered!

To that end, I am seeking Paladins, Priests, Monks, Nuns, Medicos, Mages and Bards to assist me to form a Church on Gobaith. Our Lord High Inquisitor has tasked me to build cemetaries, Chapels and a central Cathedral for worship, unowned and for public use. Not of just the All-Mother, but all Gods and Goddesses. Our church recognizes the need for balance of all forms and types of worship, and will dedicate chapels according to local beliefs. Our own mission is to liberate tortured, wandering souls (undead), from this plane of existence to rest in peace. That is the task we do, and rely on other Faiths to do the work most suited to their diety.

Brothers and sisters in Faith, our church unites, not divides, and therefore has room for all faiths. Join me, and together, we can accomplish this great work for all the peoples of Gobaith!

In Humble pleading and Prayer,
Lord High Priest of Gobaith, Church of the All-Mother
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

A barely ledgable note is scrawled across the parchment, as if who ever wrote here could not see what they were doing

I suppose, if there is need, if there is want...and perhaps if there were a bottle of wine as well. This simple monk could humbly assist in whatever small way he can.

Respectfully

Logrin Parr, a simple monk.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

*A note is added to the last*

I am here to serve, if it is required.

Humbly,

Milamber
A simpler monk.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Thank you both for your words and issue of Service. I have replied forthwith, and soon hope to help all Gobaith with our works.

Please direct Good or Neutral friends in faith to us if they can be of service as a Priest ((Servant - RP'er)), Monk ((Craftsman)) or Paladin ((Warrior)). Soon I shall post an organization for all Gobaith, all faiths and all who wish to do good here.

Evil persons need not apply.

In Humble prayer for an organized revival of spirit and worship,
~Father J.N. Thyme
Rhandarja Opalin

Misjbar wrote:However, I believe that Oldra has no place anywhere else but in halfling's lands, so no, I will not aid you in your quest.
You are wrong, brother in faith. There is no god, only belonging to a special land .. or a special race. Bringing the Faith to these lands is not only the quest of one monk, one Priest or even one church. It's the quest of all of us. If we don't accept this, we will fail to bring peace and harmony to Gobaith.

Brother Thyme, count on me .. I will be you sister on this way, like Oldra and Sirani are sisters in love.

Rhandarja Opalin
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

I refuse to partake in spreading the faith of another God, for it shall surely harm the propagation of the Credii faith. I will work for Eldan but none other. I do not trust you Fr. Thyme, for it seems that you wish to make all Gods equal when it is clear that they are not. The halflings worship Oldra for they are farming folk - what use have the Varshikar people or the inhabitants of the Orcen mountains for a Goddess of the fields? Bringing all Gods down to the same level and proclaiming worship of all will destroy traditional religion! No, this quest is folly, Fr. Thyme - keep to your 'all-mother' and I'll keep to mine.

Expleti
Anthony Carthusiana

P.S. How can a younger Goddess be the 'all-mother', surely it is heresy to proclaim her mother of all - in what way is she the mother of the Elder gods, or the Lord of Terror? She did not create the waters, or the fish that move in them too. Cease your heretical view points or damn the religions of this isle to the abyss. It is NOT charity to spread false viewpoints or religions.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Bellringer wrote:I refuse to partake in spreading the faith of another God, for it shall surely harm the propagation of the Credii faith. I will work for Eldan but none other. I do not trust you Fr. Thyme, for it seems that you wish to make all Gods equal when it is clear that they are not. The halflings worship Oldra for they are farming folk - what use have the Varshikar people or the inhabitants of the Orcen mountains for a Goddess of the fields? Bringing all Gods down to the same level and proclaiming worship of all will destroy traditional religion! No, this quest is folly, Fr. Thyme - keep to your 'all-mother' and I'll keep to mine.

Expleti
Anthony Carthusiana

P.S. How can a younger Goddess be the 'all-mother', surely it is heresy to proclaim her mother of all - in what way is she the mother of the Elder gods, or the Lord of Terror? She did not create the waters, or the fish that move in them too. Cease your heretical view points or damn the religions of this isle to the abyss. It is NOT charity to spread false viewpoints or religions.
Expleti Anthony Carthusiana,

Your work with the Elder God Eldan is truly Noble and at peace within the Church I propose sir. I applaud you for being one of the few followers of Eldan, and do desire to know more from you about his work.

You are correct, all Gods are not equal, however the Younger Gods are more 'relevant' to the People today, the Elder Gods having left so long ago. Only Good and Neutral persons shall be allowed with our organization, for Evil is fleeting, and not to be trusted. Our Church structure shall reflect this 'division' of the Gods, yet a collaboration of all for the "Greater" work of bring the people in touch with the God/Goddess of their choice. We plan to feed the poor, build chapels, put the undead to rest, collect and scribe knowledge and a host of other tasks, even Prophecy as the followers of Eldan have been known for.

You and your 'Credii' would be a valuable asset to us in an organized "Church of Gobaith" we are forming as I write this letter. It can even maintain it's status as church on the 'side' if you like. A servant of any God will not be overlooked in our attempt to unify all, and bring the greatest good to Gobaith we can. No Race, Gender, Religion or Age shall be denied.

Thank you for your opinions on the All-Mother. All followers have names for their Gods and Goddesses they like. The Elder Gods are commonly "The Five", Moshran is called "Blood-King", etc. My former church (I belong to the "Church of Gobaith" now) calls their Goddesss the All-Mother because her true name conveys the wrong image, for many have perverted her worship into Evil acts. Good Priests of her were persecuted and burned at the stake in the old days. Only by using a 'pet-name' can we hope to spread the 'Good' works she can also provide, and our Church has been complemented by her personally, for restoring Balance to her Worship.

The "Church of Gobaith" will not have such need for 'pet-names', because only Good and Neutral persons will be allowed. All the Good and Neutral aspects of ALL Gods and Goddesses will be observed, and people will truly see that no God is truly All-Evil.

I pray that this explanation helps, and that you do not judge our Church of Gobaith by your opinion of me. I am new here, but the fire in my belly is strong, my Faith in this great work is likewise strong, and my passion is my life. I think we understand each other more than you know, and I would hate to lose your assistance in this great work due to pride or misunderstandings.

I humbly ask you and your credii to join us and help spread the work of the Five Elder Gods.

May "The Five" be with you,
~Father J.N. Thyme
Rhandarja Opalin

Dear brother Carthusiana,

I am really surprised about the way, on which you want to bring the people of gobaith back to the light of the Gods. I am also surprised about your opinion of the status of the gods. You say, Lady Oldra is only belonging to the Halflings.

Once again, I say: You are wrong!

Are there no farmers in Varshikar? Are there no childs born in Trolls Bane? Do you want to forbid the worship of Lady Oldra in any other town then Greenbriar?

Yes the gods are not equal ... everyone of them has his own religion, his own followers, his own priests and monks. But none of them belongs to only one race or only one region. I wonder, which place my Lady Sirani would have in your strange vision of faith.

As I understand, your monastery exists on Gobaith quite a long time. So let me ask you one simple question:

What did you do to spread the faith through the people of Gobaith?

Look on these lands:
Violence is common, undeads and Demons arise, war and blood is the common language, there's always danger und almost evers path. Well, Lady Sirani truly turned her smile away from Gobaith, and so most of the others did.

Let me ask agein:

What did you do to spread the faith through the people of Gobaith?
What did you do to bring the attention of the gods back to these lands?

No, brother, it's not the time to work alone. It's the time to work together in order to bring the faith in peace and harmony back to these lands.

I hope, you will see the truth of the right path.

May Lady Sirani Smile on you.

Rhandarja Opalin
Priestress of Sirani
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Fr. Thyme, thank you for your response it has been of use to me. I will consider your words in due course, but I shall not comment on them for the time being, save to say that all Gods are Gods, and must be recognised as such. If one is to make a unified church of Gobaith it must represent all faiths on Gobaith with, as you say, no religion left out. Even those that we call 'Evil' were created by those wiser than us, the Elder Gods, and so who are we to refuse their presence in any all-encompasing organisation.

I cannot speak for the Credii as a whole, or even the Credii on this isle. The Credii shall have to discuss whether we become part or not of this 'Church' - we shall also have to consult with our mother community back in Salkamaer. This may take some time, and I pray you'll forgive our lengthy deliberations.

Dear Rhandarja,

You deliberately misinterpret what I say in order to build your argument against me, never once did I say that Oldra belonged only to the halflings. Oldra is the gift to farmers everywhere, and all farmers have use for her. What I stated was that neither the orcs nor the people who inhabit the desert lands farm, infact the only nation with a substantial farming community is Greenbriar. Can you grow seed without water? Could the dwarves harvest in their mines? I forbid no worship to anyone, you should know better than to accuse me of that;when one states however the truth that the halflings have the most use for Oldra then one tells no lie!
My 'strange vision' is nothing but your own conception of 'my' arguments, and the two bear no similarity.

The faith of the Credii, the faith of Eldan has always been reserved for but a few - Eldan does not call many and it is a harsh road to travel on. We do not actively seek to spread our faith, but have yet to refuse an applicant who came to us seeking our faith. We do charitable works such as feeding and clothing the hungry, we are sometimes seen collecting donations in Trolls Bane for this work when we are away from our monastery. Why spread a faith if the God themself calls people to it, can we call those that the Gods can't?

You commit heresy in saying that the Gods have turned from Gobaith, for they have not. They listen to the prayers of the faithful and humble, and answer them in mysterious ways. Even if the Gods had turned their attention from our isle what could we do about it, are we so bold and proud as to declare ourselves as having power over the Gods? I for one am not, neither is any that has true humility of spirit.

No, I cannot see that your path would be the right path, Eldan has established the Credii through his prophet Basillacius and it has remained the same since the day it was formed. I personally refuse to change it in order to fit with society's will. Society should not be the the main force of change in religion, the God should be - and I see nothing of Eldan in this.

Eldan's Blessings,

Expleti Anthony Carthusiana
Caecilianus Cathari

Lady Opalin,

It is imperative to understand the Credii and all its dogma in order to accurately grasp our stance. We have no trouble aiding any endeavor that spreads peace in this world, so long as it does not waiver our faith.

As for our presence on this isle, yes it is small. We have a meager donation collection open to all, and I thank those again who donate to this collection. The monastery is open for all (assuming the recent ownership does not entail a change in law) for shelter and warmth. I've gone in depth of our theology to those who ask and to my ability to describe our tenets. Our faith is one of commitment and it does not appeal to most. As far as our dedication to Eldan goes, and while we acknowledge the other Gods, we do not view them as the apex where Eldan sits.

If you wish to discuss theology, I am more than happy to lend you an ear an a voice.

If you wish to ask for our aid, I am more than happy to lend you a hand what I am able of.

I just wish to know which one you ask for.

Sincerely
Expleti Caecilianus Cathari
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Cherga eats you all.

Milamber
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Alber G wrote:Cherga eats you all.

Milamber
Do not use the name of Cherga so lightly, for by using it in such a context you disgrace her name. If I ever find you, be assured that I shall honour the goddess by removing you from these lands.

~~
Lortz Hacum

Post by Lortz Hacum »

Alber G wrote:Cherga eats you all.

Milamber
The Beloved Goddess herself will seek her vengeance upon your words. If it is her will.

~signed - A Priest~
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Do not misunderstand me my brothers and sisters, I am barley making a point. The point that the Goddess we love will eventually rule out all the others, as all of us will pass into her realm.

Milamber
Caecilianus Cathari

Alber G wrote:Do not misunderstand me my brothers and sisters, I am barley making a point. The point that the Goddess we love will eventually rule out all the others, as all of us will pass into her realm.

Milamber
If only, of course, we operate in the realm she governs.

Caecilianus Cathari
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Please do not fight about the will of the gods their will is greater then all of ours and their plans for us are far beond what we know.

Follower of Eldan,
Aldan Vian
Caecilianus Cathari

There lies a great schism between the unspeakable and that which cannot be known.

Caecilianus Cathari