The Knighthood Of Gobaith [old]

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

((Meeting is starting in a few minutes))
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Thank you to all who attended the meeting. It was as hectic as ever but once again I feel we got alot discussed and decided. I'm glad to see so much support, especially from persons I didn't expect to be there.

Mark Strongarm
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

I would like to join.

Mairae Auvria

*the note has some elven words but is still understandable*
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Nice to hear from you again Mairae and I'm delighted you would like to join our guild. Please find me or one of the other Knights and you will be inducted.

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

I would like to follow my old friend Altrix and join your knighthood.

I wish to help the citizens of gobaith, and grow wiser under your tutelage.

~Colin Smalls
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Good to hear, Colin! Meet with one of the knights so it can be confirmed in person. You know where to find us without a doubt.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mairae Auvria has been inducted as page. She told me she has wanted to join for sometime, but trained until Gnolls were no match for her as to gain the confidence she felt she needed to ask us. While this isn't necessary by any means for new pages it made me feel proud of the quality of the knighthood we are representing, at least to some. I had met Mairae once before and she seems to be a kind and respectful person.

Mark Strongarm.
Dantagon Marescot

Collin Smalls has sworn the page oath and is now a member of our knighthood. I wish him well as he has the makings of a knight.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Valgor Cralner

Post by Valgor Cralner »

Though I have just arrived and know little of the area I Valgor Cralner
Wish to place my blade and shield beside yours to aid this island in protection and honor. I wish to Talk to the Leader of the order or a Knight of high standings and knowledge so that I my better understand the land and this knighthood.
Valgor Cralner
Dantagon Marescot

Valgor,

Welcome to the isle of Gobaith. Sir Mark Strongarm and myself, Sir Dantagon Marescot can be found in and around Trolls Bane. Ask around and I am sure someone could either point you in our direction or at least give you a better idea of the isle of Gobaith. Once again, welcome.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Congradulations Altrix. The knights have decided you've earned your place amoung us with honor.

The ((tentative)) date of the knighting ceremony ((provided enough can make it)) will be the evening of Ushos 26th. ((Sun nov 15 - 3pm))

Long live the knighthood of Gobaith

Mark Strongarm
Knight of Gobaith
Jerico Aslaniz

Post by Jerico Aslaniz »

*glances over the entire post and pulls out a small piece of parchment... a couple splatters are seen on the parchment to see if the ink is still good ink*

. . . Right. My name is Jerico Aslaniz. I'm newer to Gobaith but I've already seen some of the violence. There must be a way to protect myself, and some people say that the Knighthood of Gobaith is a good one.

I am a simple farmer. I have but a little dagger to defend myself, and yet I am completely inexperienced with such a tool. If by chance you'd accept a simple commoner among your ranks I would be honored. If not, than the more I write, the more I disgrace and embarrass myself.

I will do whatever I must.

Signed,
Jerico Aslaniz
Dantagon Marescot

Jerico,

You are of course welcomed to join us. We will give anyone a chance to prove themselves worthy of the title of knight. I myself was once a simple farmer from the land of Serinjah. Please try to meet with either Sir Mark Strongarm or myself in order to be admited. You can normally find us within the town of Trolls Bane. If you have trouble, ask around. Someone could probably point you in our direction.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

I would like to annouce that Jerico Aslaniz has taken the oath of a page and has entered our knighthood. I wish him much luck.

Also, Mark Strongarm has taken leave from the isle. Because of a discrepency in the date ((Sunday is the 16th...)) and the fact I can not attend at that time, I am post-poning Altrix's knighting. I ask that Altrix send me a dove as soon as possible so it can be reschedualed. Hopefully in the coming dwarven days we can still hold the knighting ceremony and celebration.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Dantagon Marescot

The new time and date for Altrix's knighting shall be ((Saturday Nov 15th at 5pm est)) at our castle. Afterwards there shall be food and drink a plenty to be had.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

I,Aidin Darksilver,Prince of a hidden city,Guardian of Sirani,Wishes to become a great warrior.I have heard of you knights And I wish to join you.I Hope i am accepted into your Guild.

~Prince Aidin Darksilver,
Guardian of Sirani~
Lillian

Post by Lillian »

Can you really combine that with your believe?

The note is left unsigned
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

I follow sirani because i was born in her month,siros, i worship other gods you know..
Dantagon Marescot

Enough. Let a man be judged by his words and actions instead of his titles and peoples assumptions. Everyone from a king to a peasant may prove themselves to be worth of the title of a knight in this knighthood. I am normally in Trolls Bane. Seek out either myself or Altrix inorder to be admited.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Yesterday I met with Aidin Darksilver and has taken the oath of a page. I ask that everyone give him a warm welcome.

Signed,
Altrix
Squire of Gobaith
Accolyte of the Order of the Flame
Dantagon Marescot

Thank you, Altrix. It is a pleasure to watch the knighthood grow with new blood.

As for the knighting, it has been postponed once more. Apparently prior obligations have come up and we must push the knighting to another date. I need Altrix to send me a dove as soon as possible with a new date and time.

Also, it appears I am somewhat lacking in food for the knighting ceremony. So this will give us time for any of the brilliant cooks among us to make food for the feast afterwards.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

The new, and hopefully last date, for Altrix's knighting is ((Friday Nov. 21 at 5pm EST)). I expect everyone to attend if possible. I need at least one squire or page present to help me conduct the ceremony, either volunteer now or come early. There is plenty of drink of everyone (I hope), more food however is needed for the celebration afterwards.

I expect everyone attending to dress in their finest as attire is formal.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Dantagon Marescot

Unfortunately, the knighthing must be postoned once again. Hopefully the next decision will be the final and last time we annouce a time. On the other hand, will those who are still around and do read my words please send me a dove. Just report in or something, tell me what you are doing right now for the knighthood or otherwise. I can not meet every one of you in person everyday, so it would be nice to hear from all of you once in a while.

Please let me know that my writings aren't a waste of ink. I'd really like to believe that someone from the knighthood is reading them.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Joxia Doral

KoG

Post by Joxia Doral »

Hello fellow Brothers and sisters at arms. I have returned from dealing with a family matter on the mainland. Sorry for my abrupt and unannounced departure and length of absence. I look forward to continueing my role in the Kighthood and hope to be knighted soon as was planned. I also welcome the new pages and look forward to meeting you alll if i dont allready know you.

Hello to Collin and Volgar who I have the pleasure of knowing.

Squire Joxia Doral
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Greetings fellow members of the Knighthood of Gobaith!

I am but a Page in this Knighthood but I am a bit concerned of the behaviour of the members and how we work as a Knighthood. I will point at the basics of our knighthood the chivalric codes and the main tasks we have.

All points at the chivalric code we have and I will point out what I hink we need to look over.

1. Prowess: Seek excellence in all proficiencies required of a knight, seeking vigor to be used in the light of justice, as opposed to personal overdoing.

AND

Defense: Always seek to protect the territory of Gobaith, your family and all of those whom you believe are worthy of allegiance.

*This mean we really need to train all members in the Knighthood! We need to be good fighters! How are we suppose to defend the island if we can't fight?

2. Loyalty: To develop a firm emotional control and cultivate unwavering commitment to the people and morals you choose to live by.

AND

Defense: Always seek to protect the territory of Gobaith, your family and all of those whom you believe are worthy of allegiance.

*We are supposed to defend the island and help the people. Concentrate on that first of all before we think of ourself and our wealth.

3. Courage: The righteous path is rarely the easiest. The one you must choose will be the harder. Be ready to make personal sacrifices to serve the knighthood’s conducts and valued people. To be courageous also means choosing the truthful side in all matters rather than escaping through a convenient lie.

AND

Loyalty: To develop a firm emotional control and cultivate unwavering commitment to the people and morals you choose to live by.

* Even though we want to funnier things sometimes remember to put the Knighthood and the duties there first of all.

4.Humility: Cherish the contributions of others first and do not boast of your own accomplishments. Your renown is justly earned through virtuous endeavors.

AND

Loyalty: To develop a firm emotional control and cultivate unwavering commitment to the people and morals you choose to live by.

*To be honest.. I have heard some serious boasting from some members. That is no good for the Knighthood. We don't excell in fighting for our owns sake. We do it to protect the island and the weak.

5. Largesse: Be generous and charitable in all ways you can afford. This will defy greed and gluttony.

AND

* Here I know members that earn a lot of money by for example crafting. Why? If crafting - do that for the knighthood or concentrate in the duties as member of the knighthood. Best would be if we hire crafters and chiefs to serve our members with equipment and food.

WHAT TO DO?
*I suggest we make sure our best warriors and/or the best ranked members regulary gather members to train and educate the members.

*I suggest we create a treasure for the Knighthood where the members donate money and make sure all members have enough money to be able to live a decent life. Also have a knight or two responsible to look for unique and rare equipment to have in the knightly armoury.

We are not supposed to search for glory and money. We are here to defend the island and to do that we need to be far more serious and live by the chivalric code in a far better way in order to earn trust. This is my view of the Knighthood and it might not be as you see it. I sure do my best to live the way I just have written though.

Last of all I suggest you Squires and and kKights starts to give orders to the Pages. We all need to know how to follow orders and we all need to know the guidelines in the Knighthood from the early beginning to develop into good members.

Signed,
Page Frederick Hawkmoon
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

*The small parchment at the Knighthoods keep is unsigned, and the writing looks as if the writer disguised his own hand*

How can this knighthood still claim to be the guardian of peace in all Gobaith, when they don't even try to help the Halflings in Greenbriar, who are cut away from the rest of the island by brutal thieves and rogues?
How can this knighthood claim the title *of Gobaith* when they don't even care for one of the biggest towns of that very island?

Shame on those so-called Knights!
Shame on a knighthood that serves no purpose but political intrigues against Troll's Bane and its members' enrichment!
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

Rhianna Morgan wrote:*The small parchment at the Knighthoods keep is unsigned, and the writing looks as if the writer disguised his own hand*

How can this knighthood still claim to be the guardian of peace in all Gobaith, when they don't even try to help the Halflings in Greenbriar, who are cut away from the rest of the island by brutal thieves and rogues?
How can this knighthood claim the title *of Gobaith* when they don't even care for one of the biggest towns of that very island?

Shame on a knighthood that serves no purpose but political intrigues against Troll's Bane and its members' enrichment!
Added on the parchment underneath:
I have personally talked to both Nerwin and another halfling and told them both that they can send me a dove or contact me in anyway if they need any help. When talking to Nerwin I was told that everything was alright. I have also sent the so called Baron two letters in order to make him remove the soldiers by the bridge and have now personally started to fight the soldiers there since he has not removed them. 50 men fallen yesterday and another 50 men will fall for my sword today if he don't remove them. So in this case - blame Greenbriar.

Signed,
Page Frederick Hawkmoon
Dantagon Marescot

Rhianna Morgan wrote:*The small parchment at the Knighthoods keep is unsigned, and the writing looks as if the writer disguised his own hand*

We can't do much if we aren't told about problem. I hate how many times we are blamed for not doing something about anything when we are not told about it. If we do not know that something is happening we can't do anything. I knew there are albarian soldiers by the bridge, but there is also a teleportation device thingy by the entrance to Greenbriar. Greenbriar is not completely cut off, nor have they requested help.

Too many times have I offered help to places who need it but haven't requested it and have been yelled at by people who don't want the help. It is a nasty cycle. If Greenbriar needs and wants the help, it would be nice if they request it as I don't want complaints over our attempts to help.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I dont know what you speak of... I myself have killed 400 of those men invading briar, which, from my understanding, there are only 1000 to begin with. With my four hundred, and atleast 100 that frderick have killed, i believe that that makes about half of those bandits that the Knights of Gobaith have dealt with.

Altrix,
Squire of Gobaith
Hawkmoon

Post by Hawkmoon »

I am happy to announce that I visited the bridge just a while ago and then the soldiers were gone. The roads should now be safe to travel by now as far as I can see. Please report if you still have problem at the location.

Signed,
Page Frederick Hawkmoon.