Race specific items/skills

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elaralith

Race specific items/skills

Post by Elaralith »

Greetings,
I propose for there to be certain items that can only made by certain races, and for certain skills to be only learnable or easier learned by certain races. So for example, a dwarven axe would only be manufacturable by dwarves. And swimming would be easier learned by lizardmen.
-Elaralith
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

..Didnt you propose this already? Almost a month ago?
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

Did I? I found nothing relating to this topic using the search function...
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Hmm.. maybe it was talked about in a different proposal at some point.
Niniane

Post by Niniane »

I too remember reading a proposal along these lines by Elaralith. At least it had a few posts by her in them, and I believe the end result was that it was said that this was already planned. Each race is already different in attributes and will be able to produce special items specific for that race but in the future when there are different cities for each race and not now. (I may have read this on the background information portions of the site but I do remember reading this.) Too many other things are on the to-do list at the moment. This would add to player interaction because it would inspire trade and adventurous treks across the country to the other lands and such. I may be making this all but and I honestly don't know, it does seem very familiar to my mind though so it is in the very least an idea.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

woohoo! 8)
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

I certainly hope that one day all races will have their own items. As most know, the dwarves are the only ones with a race item.. sort of. It seems certain people can make "dwarven axes." I know, this isnt really the exact definition everyone is talking about on the topic of race items, but its a start, is it not? Clearly, it would appear that this is already coming to fruition. Am I wrong? Apparently I have been "wrong" so many times tonight that I just dont know what to think anymore...
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

yes i think this is a test racial item the gm's put in. roleplaying wise it would be considered a dwarven "designed" axe not an accually dwarven axe because others can make it besides dwarves.
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Thank you Gro'bul for clarifying what I meant. Dwarven design is what I meant to imply. I am far too tired to really think straight, so thank you for completely clearing that up.

The world's opponent,
>Cain Freemont
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Cain Freemont wrote:..Didnt you propose this already? Almost a month ago?
Elaralith wrote:Did I? I found nothing relating to this topic using the search function...
I found some... :-)

http://www.illarion.org/community/forum ... php?t=4541
http://www.illarion.org/community/forum ... php?t=4516
http://www.illarion.org/community/forum ... php?t=4073

Do you can continue your "own" old threads, when they have the same topic?
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

@Lennier Yes as a matter of fact I can. I though did no find what you found. Thank you for bringing those links up. :wink:
Kringin

Post by Kringin »

Dont worry Elaralith, they'll come soon enough. I'm waiting also. See all those graphics in te graphics section, I am so waiting to have those implemented.