Java/JavaWS/JRE Version issues

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

VoxNihil

Java/JavaWS/JRE Version issues

Post by VoxNihil »

I installed the JRE from the Illarion site, but when I tried running the game, it gave me an error that said such-and-such (the client) did not exist in the temp files. I found it in the temp files, but java wasn't assigned to open it. I assigned java to open jnlp files, but it's supposed to be javaws that does it. I figured that out, but when I went to assign javaws to open jnlp files, it wouldn't allow it for some reason. I went to Sun and got the latest JRE and tried to set jnlp files to open with javaws with that and it allowed me to, but then I got an error saying that I needed a different (older) version of the JRE that would've been automatically downloaded, but it wasn't available (it's stashed in their archives, I'm sure). SO... I went back and re-downloaded the JRE from Illarion and am getting the old message that the temp doesn't exist (can't assign javaws to jnlp files). Any help? I think I might be able to just clear all java from my comp (any tips on that?), get the latest JRE and set javaws to jnlp, then get the JRE from Illarion and install... Will that work?
(I think a big problem with all of this is that I'm not getting things entirely uninstalled before I go at it again... any advice?)
Thanks,
-Zac
slaskes

Post by slaskes »

I'm having the same problem I think, I'll write if I can find out how to do this, and if anyone sees this thread, please help out.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Usually the best way is to remove all Java JRE versions from your computer and install the current one from the sun homepage again.

For me that works perfects and it assigned automatically to open jnpl files.

Nitram