cookign question

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Olive

cookign question

Post by Olive »

what stat is cookign based from?
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Cooking and baking? For me it's backing. :P
Olive

Post by Olive »

yes but that didn't answer the question :)
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Do you mean attribute?
Olive

Post by Olive »

yes

Stats, attributes, same thing
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I believe it's Dexterity.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Right.
Olive

Post by Olive »

i would have thought cookign would have made more sense beign based on somethign reasonable like intelligence
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Make it a proposal!

It takes like 3 seconds to change this. But it makes only sense when you think about all crafts - so how about you make a list of all crafts and the attribute you think is most important for it?
Olive

Post by Olive »

because the second i make the proposal 30 people wil jump out of the woodwork to bitch at me for daring to make a proposal.

but i have already discussed that with you before
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Preparing food has something to do with taste. Taste is a sensory perception => Cooking should be strongly based on perception.
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

Considering there are crafters and quite a few cooks already, I wouldn't like the skills changed for something different if that would lower the character's ability to do what they have already trained for. Does it really matter?
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

perception, intelligence, dexternity. i'm fine with all of those

signed,
a cook
Magdha Tiefenerz

Mairae Auvria wrote:Considering there are crafters and quite a few cooks already, I wouldn't like the skills changed for something different if that would lower the character's ability to do what they have already trained for. Does it really matter?
Sorry to inform you Mairae Auvria, but Illarion is not a finished game. There will be quite a few things which will change in the future, even up to the point where players will loose things they once were able to do.
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:
Mairae Auvria wrote:Considering there are crafters and quite a few cooks already, I wouldn't like the skills changed for something different if that would lower the character's ability to do what they have already trained for. Does it really matter?
Sorry to inform you Mairae Auvria, but Illarion is not a finished game. There will be quite a few things which will change in the future, even up to the point where players will loose things they once were able to do.
Fully aware of that fact and also seeing the most recent changes, the question was, is it important enough to actually program for that on something that would have so little positive benefit, or is there a positive benefit to changing the skills for crafters/cooks I am not aware of (I am assuming all crafter characters have the same skills which cooking is a part of but even if not, what would be the positive benefit to change it)?
WickedEwok

Post by WickedEwok »

it would change that a crafter != a crafter and that you may need different atts to do certain crafts.

i would encourage a change, the perception-part is very good in my opinion.
Mairae Auvria

Post by Mairae Auvria »

WickedEwok wrote:it would change that a crafter != a crafter and that you may need different atts to do certain crafts.

i would encourage a change, the perception-part is very good in my opinion.
I see, so there would be more picks at the start for one certain craft, to specialize? There have been proposals in the past requesting characters be less general so one character can't accomplish all skills, a proposal like this would be the start of accomplishing that.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Well, considering that food doesn't have a quality attribute at the moment, I guess a change won't have a drastic effect on current characters. The number of failures will increase at worst. And considering that it isn't that hard to get the base materials for cooking/baking that shouldn't be that much of a problem.