Heresy

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Misjbar

Heresy

Post by Misjbar »

Today, yesterday, every day, I have been finding booklets at the town wall. These booklets suggest gods do not exist. Our gods, our everything, do not exist. This is heresy. This is condemning of the gods, and I cannot believe you are letting this go on without any precedence.

Surely some official of Troll's Bane must have found these booklets, as there are even multiple booklets just laying about. Someone must have picked this up and read the lines whom are just stating there are no gods.

That the priests are false, that mages are arrogant and foolish. That there is no power in their spells. That priests follow false ideals, because there are no gods. A town whom lets such heresy go on without any persecution, is a town whom has also forsaken the gods, and leaves them in disrespect.

I have written many letters in advance to various elven officials and towns such as Varshikar, to tell of this heresy and the town's unwillingness to do anything about it, for they should be shielded from such godforsaken towns and their communities.

May the Five protect us all that still believe,

~Misjilah Mehialho~
Caecilianus Cathari

Post by Caecilianus Cathari »

Now, We never said Priests are false.

The other things we say are true, however, your definition of magi is too broad, and therefore contains too many which are not of its true meaning.

Likewise, if you understood the meaning of non-existence, you'd understand this invariable truth.

The Godmen
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Only a priest of Nargun could write these words, and I quote:
Godmen do not exist, and all that exists does not.
These words came from the booklet that was lying at your town wall. This is ludicrous, and borders greater insanity. Also, such words can have disastrous effects for the moral of the humans living in your city, since they are easily swayed by such words, and therefor by heresy.

I hope this does not go unnoticed,

~Misjilah Mehialho~
Caecilianus Cathari

I are not a priest of Nargun.

We only write to aid others to perceiving the infinite.

The Godmen
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

Heresy is not a crime! We will not stand for this! Free speech is our right! No matter where!

-unsigned-
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Sssari wrote:Heresy is not a crime! We will not stand for this! Free speech is our right! No matter where!

-unsigned-
A parchament has been added to this one.

Most certainly not.

Unsigned
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

Silas Farron wrote:Dear Misjilah,

How would a former Lich, who managed to return on whatever way to this realm, even care about the "godS" if there is actually only one god that she follows truly?
I am looking forward to a reasonable response.

Kind regards,

Silas Farron

P.S.: I think it is nothing but a matter of common sense that I shall immediately turn your foul body to ashes, next time I encounter you.
I do think you know about my predicament, and my history very well mister Silas Farron, especially considering you knew our mutual "friend" Nalzaxx. I would also like you to know that is improper to insult a former elder of the Elves.

Also, I have never left this realm my dear Silas. I do not think you realise where I ended up after the Temple vanished completely. I was held captive for a long period of time, but escaped through help, which I shall not disclose her.

I find your vile attempt at mockery and deceit ludicrous and over-the-top, something which I could have expected from a second-rank mage I suppose.

May your spells be laughable,

~Misjilah Mehialho~

P.S. I see there are more people in this town whom adhere to heresy and total denouncing of the gods. Free Speech? What is this for a ignorant term? I see this town has clearly lost sight of it's citizens.
Graalsh

Post by Graalsh »

The self-proclaimed Godmen claim to aid others to perceiving the infinite with their heretical writings,
even praising it as the ultimate salvation. Aside from the fact their second book of self-awareness
reprehends care for others as second highest form of foolishness - hence reprehending Godmen's
own actions in a certain way - what could infinity possibly be, than unfulfilled void and solitude? They,
the Godmen, deny the beauty in the boon of existence the deities have bestowed upon us, but when
it was last they listened to the consoling rush of Zelphia's gift in the river bed, reveled in the shiny
reflections on its surface, or found nourishment in the fruits it bears?

Long it must have been indeed, because whoever engages in the beauty of this boon, will not be able
to deny it, like the Godmen do. Nothing would make sense, without divine intervention standing at the
foremost, since unfulfilled void can not shape itself into the form we may experience every single day.
Godmen's words are impure to the core, because they are deeply ungrateful in their pursuit for the
empty state that before has been shaped toilsomely by the eternal powers. Godmen's words are aimed
against the richness of the beauty of the godly gifts.

Graalsh deems, Godmen's neverending pondering has blurred their sights for the truly
meaningful elements. She will pray for mother Zelphia's cleansing to free their minds
again, so Godmen may honor the sheer beauty of the divine boon again. And Godmen are
well-advised not to continue their quest of spreading their words. They are ... obnoxious.

Graalsh Kahijanikke
Follower of the path of purity
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I see the children of Zelphia still hold true to their faith. I am glad such a beacon of purity exists within these times of heresy and disrespect towards the gods. I knew the children were wise in their ways, but this has once more proven to me that they never falter.

~Misjilah Mehialho~
Denuard

Post by Denuard »

These times are shaped by disbelief and arrogance. Many have forgotten the Gods and do not care about them any more. Such booklets carry it too far and this is poison for the good people on this island. But there is still hope.

We, who still belief and praise the Gods, should gather to strengthen each other and maybe discuss what to do and how to bring faith and humbleness back into people's minds.

~ Denuard Forkmar
Caecilianus Cathari

Graalsh is correct!

The Godmen

More is written

Except for the first bit, the Godmen do not care, yet.