Calling All Rothmans for OOC Meeting!!!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alexander Rothman

Calling All Rothmans for OOC Meeting!!!

Post by Alexander Rothman »

I am asking for all players of Rothman characters, and close servants, to meet me this weekend.

We need to meet IG, talk and decide the future of the Rothman Clan IG.

There is a really good opportunity here to create a long-lasting "Game" story, and would be nice to come up with something we all can agree on, as well as a Family Tree!

Meet me at the Monastary on Saturday 8pm GMT // 2200 Uhr.

This is all OOC Info ~ those not involved, please be respectful and do not come by. We will try as Players to come up with something fun for whole Island. Give us this time to work it out. You can kill Rothmans some other time. :lol: Thank you.

PO Count Alexander Rothman (Stephen's brother, Grant's Uncle)
Last edited by Alexander Rothman on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Would be interesting to see a Rothman family tree.
Alexander Rothman

Oops, change of plan....forgot I have RL thing at that time.

How about Saturday at 8pm GMT // 2200 Uhr?

Thanks
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Erm..

I won't be here at all Saturday to tell you the truth.
Thomas Rothman

Post by Thomas Rothman »

Me neither.
But this won't stop the Rothman conquest, will it? I welcome any initiative and will join it.

PO T. Rothman
Father of countless unborn childs
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I am the seed.
Valione

Post by Valione »

Cliu Beothach wrote:I am the pretender.
Fixed.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I'll fix you!
Alexander Rothman

Meeting is cancelled indefinitely.

Go meet with Julius, he may have more for you.

I'm done. What I wanted to meet for is no-more now.

Alexander will "return to the mainland"
Lairia Rothman

Post by Lairia Rothman »

What???

Boys, you have not been arguing one with another, just about the divided power inbetween the family? Please no... We need every Rothman we can get, I am sure!
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Why exactly do we need every Rothman we can get?

And there's no rectifying the story. The story goes like this:

The Movement failed to take over Northerot but claimed they did and called it Callahorn, anyhow. This ended with a pretty famous slaughter, ooc whining, and the banning of the player who lead the movement Grant Herion.

A couple years later violating said ban the player of Grant Herion came back with a character named Stephen Rothman who just happened to have all the memories and most of the traits of Grant Herion, including the narcissism to believe that he once controlled a kingdom in Northerot named Kallahorn (mispelling the name of his own kingdom).

After a while, Stephen Rothman and Grant Rothman are banned, which should have ended a legacy of bannings, but more kids line up every year to charge head first into their banning.

If you want to figure out the Rothman line, which is about as practical a task as deciphering your average post by Damien on the internal boards, you might want to figure out that whole discrepancy of what happened between Grant Herion failing to take Northerot and calling it Callahorn and a year later when a knight showed up and for no explicable reason restarted the Movement under a different name.

(As a sidenote, Sam tried to restart the Movement under their original name with his other character Garret Gwenour, along with the help of Thalados, but my guess is that Stephen Rothman took up the mantle when the new Movement was getting too much attention.)
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Well dang... that explains my confusion then. I had understood it as Grant Herion taught the mercinary Stephen Rothman and knighted him. Therefore Stephen took the dream called Callahorn and made a knighthood out of it. But every time it comes up ig I constantly get a "Callahorn and Kallahorn are two different things" and "Stephen was knighted by his father, Trent Rothman, a noble unlike you!" That or someone who will not be named, (that we all know and hate), wishes to slit your throat for mentioning it.

Will people please just get the story right?! As far as I know from ig conversations with anyone BUT a new Rothman character, Stephen was a mercinary, Grant was adopted, and everyone is getting a headache from the plague named Rothman. I like the idea of families forming and people coming from large families or having a FEW relatives on the isle. But honestly, we have like 7 or 8 of them now and a new one has popped up every few months since Stephen was banned.

Please let it end, the joke is getting old.
Lairia Rothman

Post by Lairia Rothman »

Aegohl wrote:Why exactly do we need every Rothman we can get?
WE is a big word. I meant *we* as the Rothman POs... Not *we* as the Illla community. Okay?

Because this is actual a Rothman thread about a Rothman meeting. It was not intended to end in a flame war, or in the typical OOC whining about Rothmans and their enemies. Can we stop this please, once and for all?

Just accept that the Rothman family is a mighty family in Salkamar, and let us play our *baddies* (of course they are not purely bad, but they have bad ambitions, due to their education.)

Everyone should be able to play what they want, as long as it is in the rules, and as long as it does not disturb others fun.

Because, I quote uncountable others before me:
This is a game and it is meant to be FUN. It is about having fun by providing fun to all others.
As it seemed one of the Rothman POs had a wonderful idea how to provide fun to a lot of players from both *sides*. I don't know why he stopped it before he actually started, perhaps I will never know, but actually it could be because of this flame all the time.

Back on topic.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

As long as Rohtmanstuff stays IG and starts not to become OOC shit, I see no problem with it.

Good luck redheads.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Lairia Rothman wrote: Just accept that the Rothman family is a mighty family in Salkamar, and let us play our *baddies* (of course they are not purely bad, but they have bad ambitions, due to their education.)
Why exactly gives the ~migthy~ rothman family a shit about a damm small island in the middle of nowhere, thats ridicoulus.
Lairia Rothman wrote: Everyone should be able to play what they want, as long as it is in the rules, and as long as it does not disturb others fun.
Well another thing that seems to be running in the bloodline...be an annoying bastard.
Lairia Rothman

Post by Lairia Rothman »

And there we go, flame queen pushes it oocly...

Relax, Pella, you don't have to read this if you don't want to, no one forces you. Perhaps it would be nice not to call anyone an *annoying bastard* you don't know, hm? ;)
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

The bastard was meant for the chars - not the PO, I think.
Otherwise I would have edited the post.

And now stop that flaming - all of you.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

It's like the turd that won't flush
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Jupiter wrote:As long as Rohtmanstuff stays IG and starts not to become OOC shit, I see no problem with it.

Good luck redheads.
Seeing as I and other people were being bothered heavily by PO Julius over IM programs about hapenings Ig and most "actions" taken by the Rothmans are oocly pre-defined, it already is OOC shit, and it's deep.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Arien Edhel wrote:The bastard was meant for the chars - not the PO, I think.
Otherwise I would have edited the post.

And now stop that flaming - all of you.
Actually, if you understand context, you can tell the bastard refers to the players. I know this for English is my native language.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I barely speak to the rothmans and I doubt the bloodline of rothman po's is one and the same, take that for a context.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Pellandria wrote:I barely speak to the rothmans and I doubt the bloodline of rothman po's is one and the same, take that for a context.
Do you KNOW how many mistakes you've made?
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

ENOUGH !

I'm really pissed now.
Why do you each and every thread turn into a useless, spamming or flaming spectacle?
Why don't you react with respect for others if I give you more or less friendly hints?

IF THIS DOESN'T STOP I WILL BAN LOTS OF YOU FROM THE BOARD IN FUTURE.