Family

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Distracted by Fianna's discomfort appearing a little confused and somewhat worried, Achae misses any nuance between Mark and Liam as her eyes travel to the ground when Fianna turns. Blinking she leans down to retrieve what appears to be a letter and holding it in her hand undecided possibly debating whether to open it or not a blush forms on her face. Holding the same hand up to wave farewell to Liam, the letter undulates in the breeze before she clears her throat turning to Fianna.

Fianna, does this letter have some significance as to the reason for your...

..Achae pauses briefly appearing to find just the exact word....

Sputter?

Giggling slightly at her choice of word she continues to hold the letter and watches her friend closely.
Alber G

Post by Alber G »

Stops for a moment and looks to Fianna "Not hungry" he says with a shrug.. "I have...some thing to take care off..." he says and wanders off
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

Fianna nods to her brother with a troubled expression and quickly wraps a bit of food up in a cloth. Catching up to him in a few hurried steps, she slips the food into his bag and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you after."

Returning to her seat next to Achae, she smiles hesitantly looking uncertain. "That letter..." Fianna's voice trails off as she glances quickly at Mark, her eyes betraying her embarassment and confusion before she takes a deep breath and gives an uncertain nod. "Yes, it is."
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Achae now turns to Mark also after watching Fianna wrap Liam's plate for him, hiding as best she can though not very effectively the confusion on her face as he leaves, then with almost a fatalistic attitude she shrugs as she turns back to the letter in her hand and holds it out unread to Fianna speaking in a soft, warm voice to her friend.

Do you want to talk about it Fianna?
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark watches the two ladies with a smile. It's no time to bring up Liam's behaviour when they seem to be more concerned with the letters - and mark seems a little curious about them as well. A brief thought flutters in his mind of how he just jumped through a magical gate to the company of two beautiful women which makes his smile increase just slightly. He awaits what they have to say and takes a drink from his goblet.
Fianna Heneghan

Looking flustered, Fianna takes the letter and stuffs it back into her pocket then reaches for the tray, breaking off a hunk of bread and pouring herself some mead, mixing it with water and trying to look busy.

Smiling distantly to Achae, she says softly,
"I'm not sure what it means just yet, but I may want to talk about it later." She then settles in comfortably, taking a drink from the cup and watching the others over the rim and smiling warmly with her eyes.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Achae tilts her head watching Fianna mix water and mead with a sparkle in her eye then nods repeating what she says...

Later

...she looks at Mark and winks quickly before turning back to Fianna gazing pointedly at her pocket where she placed the letter not picking up any drink nor eating any food as she speaks almost a chuckle in her voice..

Is this later?

Appearing now more serious she takes a deep breath then speaks softly to her friend as she reaches for a goblet taking a small sip then runs one finger over the rim..

If I can help, you know I will Fianna.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

"Why don't you show her how it's done Achae?" Mark notions to her own letter a bit cheeky, a bit curious. He can't help but marvel at her beauty every time he sees her, and take pleasure in consideration of what they've shared. He however, does his best to keep it respectively and responsibly reserved.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Appearing a little confused at first, Achae then looks at her worn letter before giving one more glance to Fianna's pocket then turns toward Mark.

I forgot you weren't here when I showed this to Fianna, I'm sorry. It has been a long time, so you may not remember Mark, but I used to dream of a babe taken away from the tribe, I remember a couple of times waking up crying.

The letter obviously worn rips at the seam where it has been folded and unfolded many times as Achae reads it to him then gazes into his eyes.

You remember the priestess we met at the mainland Mark, before I left with them? She thinks she may know where a nephew of mine is.

Frowning as she looks down to her lap gently folding the letter again, her voice becomes quiet and may not be heard very well.

It has been a dwarfen month though and I haven't heard anything yet.

Blinking and sitting up straighter on the log, Achae places the letter gently in her bag and reaches again for her goblet not drinking from it, possibly just wanting something in her hands as she automatically starts to twirl the glass around appearing in thought.

The only reason he would be alive is because he was given away as a child like the Ama'shoon did with male children.

Shaking her head now purposefully gathering her thoughts she looks toward Mark...

And you again got me talking Mark, how do you manage that?

Giggling now she smiles warmly at him then turns back to Fianna.

Alright, my letter and worries, or some anyway friend, now yours!
Fianna Heneghan

Stealing an awkward glance at Mark, Fianna quietly passes her letter to Achae. "Have a look then." As her friend reads the note, Fianna fidgets nervously and keeps her gaze directed at the liquid in the cup she holds on her lap.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark feels rather honored that he is being included in the reading of the personal letter, whatever it is. He sits back and keeps quiet for the time being, interested to learn more about Fianna.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Achae carefully takes the letter from Fianna holding it in both hands and turning to Mark seeing his interest, quietly reads it out loud in a voice not heard unless fairly close, her eyes skimming back an forth on the rough parchment.
Dear Fianna,

I know that I have not been around lately and you must think that I do not still care for you. But Fianna, there is not a day that goes by that you are not on my mind. There is not a hour that passes that I do not think of your face, your smile, and the thought of you and I being together again. Fianna, I was horrible. I acted like I didn't want to be there, that I wasn't sure that you were the right one. But now that I lost you, I have figured out how foolish my thought process was. It is true we don't know what we have until its gone, but we don't know what we have been missing until it arrives.

I will not lie, Fianna. I have been with other women since the last time you left me. But, I am honest when I say I could not bring myself to do anything. When I leaned for a kiss and I closed my eyes, I imagined the times that my lips pressed against your nimble and full lips. When I would open my eyes, I thought of your distant gray eyes staring back at me with a faint smile and a hint of a mischievous glare. There are many times that I closed my eyes and held the kiss as long as I could, just so, Fianna, I could imagine that you were there.

I don't miss you and you alone; I miss you and me together. And if you feel the same way, and I leave this isle in the next few days, I shall be there. I will be in your heart, your mind, and you may find solace in the stars. You remember the first we ever met? I believe that there is a star out there just for us.

Now, you must understand that it takes every part of my being to write down my innermost thoughts. I am not a man that speaks openly about his emotions. But, of all the women I've been with, you are the that I feel comfortable speaking too about this certain subject. Now, I know I am not the man you wanted to marry many months ago. I am nothing now. I have nothing, and barely anything to live for. I have you, Fianna. I shall be leaving for the main land in two days. Meet me at the harbor if you wish to speak on this matter in person. It took a while to understand what love is, but it'll take forever to forget what it was like.
Finally finishing she lays the letter on her lap holding it still with both hands and turns to her friend...

Fianna, that is a beautiful letter!

Sighing, Achae watches Fianna closely as she returns the letter to her.

He seems to be talking from the heart. Though unsigned, I am assuming you know who wrote it?

Tilting her head as if in puzzlement she whispers softly...

Tell me what you are thinking friend, what happened?
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark is pleased Achae read the letter so he could hear. He looks to hear Fianna's reply.
Fianna Heneghan

Blinking a little too rapidly and chewing on the corner of her mouth, Fianna pauses a long moment after Achae reads the letter. "Please don't tell Liam. My brother's a protective one. Sure he'd never understand."

She takes a slow, deep breath and looks to the others, her eyes shining a little too brightly as she speaks in a soft, breathy sigh. "I really don't know what to think. I'm just tired of being angry. Anyway, I sent that dove out, but I'm not really expecting a reply."

Forcing a quiet, strained laugh she then takes a small sip from her cup, coughing a little as she tries to swallow. Despite her obvious tension, she seems slightly more at ease now that the deception has ended.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Achae looks to her friend with a warmth in her eye after shaking her head...

If you prefer not, of course he won't be told, but I am sure he would like to hear from you.

Smiling now trying to ease her tension she reaches a hand out for her then stands to walk next to her as she coughs patting her gently on the back with a small wink whispering.

Stress doesn't help eating food, nor drinking.

Appearing more serious she whispers to her friend.

I understand Fianna, in a way, the anger I mean...

Achae blushes slightly her eyes looking only at a tree in front of her before she begins to speak again, this time slower, with more precision to her words along with some pauses.

Yes, sometime it needs to be let go.... the anger, life goes on. Tell me, the dove, you expect to hear back?

Leaning down she picks up a bottle of mead pouring more into Fianna's glass not adding any water and motions for her to take another sip.

Do you want to hear back?
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark awaits to hear the answer from Fianna, while now looking about at the things she has prepared with a warm smile. Mm, I love Fianna's cooking he thought. He places some things on a plate for himself slowly while he waits for a response from her.
Fianna Heneghan

Fianna takes another sip from the cup at her friend's encouragement, managing to swallow it more easily this time. Nodding to Achae then with a grateful look and setting the cup aside she watches Mark help himself to some food with a contented smile. "Would I like to hear back? Sure it's better to be clear than to live with this uncertainty. But no, I don't expect another letter really." She laughs softly then, trying to break the tension. "Sure now we can both wait together for our letters that never come." The sparkle returning to her eyes with her laughter, she then reaches to the tray for a small piece of cake.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark smiles to fianna with some sympathy in his eyes. "Heather's kind of vanished without a trace. She went to the mainland and returned, and then a few days later 'poof'. Figured she'd be back by now - its been 2 months." He supposed he should share something personal, seeing how they are being so kind in confiding in him. 'Well at least I stayed on topic' he says to himself, not feeling completely comforatable in sharing the problem that like Achae, seems to have no solution that could use his efforts to help... for the time being...
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Pausing after listening to Fianna and Mark, Achae takes some food absently from the plate on the stump placing it in her plate just to have something to do, fighting the heaviness in her heart as her eyes gleam from the start of tears forming. Her whisper is so quiet now that it seems she is talking to herself.

Things change, and not always for the better.

Sighing she blinks rapidly, as she fights the tears beginning to form refusing to allow the pall of the moment to overcome them all. Taking two deep breaths, her head turns up now to the beautiful sky, her hazel eyes turning almost blue as the soft breeze brings the smell of summer flowers in bloom.

Sometimes when I am saddest, I think of things that have happened in the past. Things I am grateful to have been there for.

Achae now begins to speak not looking at Mark or Fianna, but in a clear tone remembering vividly an incident of the past.

When I was Mayor of Greenbriar for a little while, there was a man that would come to town just occasionally, but he always seemed to want to cause trouble. No one knew his name, he said to call him "John".

A very small smile now begins to form on her face portending something that obviously affected her.

He and Miru didn't get along at all!

Chuckling slightly she now looks to Mark then Fianna.

I think you may have met him Fianna before he left for the mainland?

Not waiting for Fianna's answer, Achae continues her story as her eyes watch them both hoping they will enjoy her distraction, hoping they won't be as sad as she at least temporily tries to lift the mood.

Well, on a dark moonless night, "John" appeared in town and just Miru and I were there. He had a sword in hand this time and was threatening first me, then Miru who stepped between me and John. Miru had no sword but wouldn't back down and took the only thing he had to fight John with from his belt.

Laughing with eyes sparkling now she looks first at Mark then at Fianna.

Miru held out a ham as his weapon!
Fianna Heneghan

Gives Mark an empathetic nod, listening quietly as she picks a few strawberries out of the cake. Watching Achae then, she remains quiet through her friend's sadness.

When Achae finishes her story, the small garden rings suddenly with Fianna's laughter, the cake falling forgotten to the ground as she easily envisions Miru.
"Sure Miru left so suddenly after finishing his house. Greenbriar has never been the same. I always wondered whether he and Roze got married somewhere on the mainland."
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

A dove lands with a note for Mark. Upon reading it Mark's eyes open wide, filled with too many emotions to distinguish the exact nature of the letter. He looks to them urgently and says "Heather!" - jumping out of his seat causing it to rock back and forth a bit before settling. He is already some metters away when a loud CRACK! is heard like thunder. He vanishes through the portal.
Fianna Heneghan

Watching Mark with a twinkle in her eye as he dashes off, Fianna's laughter could possibly be heard following him through the portal. "I guess his problems are at an end then."

She then turns to her friend with a sincere expression in her eyes as her laughter slowly fades. "I hope you get word soon. There's nothing like having your family about you."
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Achae's eyes lighten now at Fianna's infectious laughter..

It was so funny to see "John's" expression when that ham bone was dropped to the ground!

Seeing a quick movement she turns to Mark waving as he leaves then looks around the garden standing from her position on the log and reaching her arms in the air to stretch as if throwing off the weight of the past and preparing for the future.

This place is very peaceful, but sometimes too quiet.

Achae purposefully eyes the portal Mark left then with a sparkle to her eye turns to her friend....

I bet that leads to Trolls Bane, and also think any dove could find us there also. Shall we find out?

In a more serious tone Achae's head tilts and with a thoughtful look on her face she whispers before walking toward the portal.

Family around is wonderful, but friends are also.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Achae will find the portal leads to the Harbor, where she might see the ship that sails Mark away. He is below the main deck now, searching for armor.