Runner..

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Heather

Runner..

Post by Heather »

Heather can no longer run through the thick forest land, she hides behind the trunk of an ancient gnarled oak tree to catch her breath. Covered in sweat and scratches from her flight into the woods, it is all she can do to keep herself standing, and if not for the adrenaline coursing through her body, even that would be an impossible task. She hears a twig crack not far to her left and the voices of two men. As they come closer, crashing through the forest in pursuit of her, she holds her breath, terrified to make even the slightest sound that might give her away..

The two men stop suddenly, and Heather can hear a third person approaching, she sneaks a quick peek from behind her shelter.

There are two men, obviously Albarian from their heavy accent, in chain mail armor carrying swords and light metal shields. Though their backs are turned towards the third man who has just come into view. He wears expensive looking cloth in a style very strange to Heather, What sort of working man or merchant bought clothes like that? The three speak amongst themselves and it is clear that this new arrival is the one in charge.

Noble: Where is she? You let her escape?!

Soldier1: No my lord. She must still be in the forest, her trail goes off in that direction, to the east.

Soldier2: Yes, the woods are thick, and she is only a woman. She will not get far before we have her.

Noble: Then go now! Bring her to me unharmed, and unmarked, I will not have such a prize tarnished by the likes of a bondsman.
Go! and if you do not come back with her, I would not bother coming back at all.

Soldier1: My lord..ou..our familys wi-

The noble cuts him off

Noble: They will be punished severly in your place. Now GO!

The soldiers bow to their Lord and begin moving towards Heathers location, as the noble turns and walks carefully toward the harbor where the whole mess had started..

Heather moves quietly over the fresh green ground of the forest, avoiding the dry areas that might crunch beneath her feet and give her away. She thinks to herself, "If I only had parchment and ink.."
Heather

Post by Heather »

Several hours later Heather is near the other side of the forest, she can hear the roar of waves and the calls of sea gulls, she breaks free of several branches and finds herself out of the forest at last. Heather spots a weathered old fisherman nearby, with brown eyes and a short white beard, dressed in simple home spun clothing.

Heather: Sir! Oh please tell me you have parchment and some ink I could purchase from you?

Fisherman: Aye, lass I toss that sort of junk in the bushes o'er yonder.

He says as he points to a tangled clump of bushes filled with lamps ,maps ,parchment, the occasional bottle of ink, and many other treasures of the sea.

Heather: Oh thank you kind sir! Praise the gods for your generosity!

She praises him as she selects a parchment and a bottle of ink from the bushes. Finding a gull feather to use as a pen, Heather writes a quick message to someone very dear to her.

Mark,

I need help! I am on an island used as a port for ships travelling to and from Gobiath, being chased by some Albarian noble's bondsmen! There is only one main port here, and I was about to travel to Gobiath before this happened. But now I am cut off from the harbor and I just want to get back to Gobiath and you...The dockmaster should know it well- this is all can write for now, but I love you and miss you!

Heather Amiril

She calls for an eagle and she quickly sends it towards Gobiath, hoping it can make it..
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark walks to Trollsbane from his home when a dove lands to him. They always ring Heather in his mind like a sounding bell tower, but this time he was not dissapointed - he was horrified. He runs the opposite direction and arrives at the harbor panting in pain from his exertion.

The burly harbor master reads it with next to no interest and points to a ship before handing out the note without so much as a glace to Mark, calling out to his workers "Get that load from the third ship first!"

Tearing the note from his hands Mark runs full steam to the ship he was directed to and shows the captain. Some good fortune - the captain knows the island. Mark pays double the fee and boards. He sits for a moment in distress. How long will it be before this ship leaves!?

He sits only a few moments before jumping in a flash and decending below the deck. "Weapons" He looks for a merchant or a storage.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Heather has climbed over several hills, trying to get to higher ground to check out her surroundings like Mark told her to in the past, she just reached the top of a large hill overlooking the fishermans home, when the bondsmen burst out of the forest, they immediately spot the old man and rush to him.
Heather watches from too great a distance to hear what is said, but the old fisherman stands up quickly and swings a punch at the soldier closest to him, only to be cut down by the swords of the two Albarians.
Heather closes her eyes and covers her mouth to muffle her scream of shock and horror. She scans the horizon from her high vantage point. There is a grove of trees to the north, in the center of which is a clear blue pool of water. She sprints down through the hills toward the maze of trees, before realizing she never wrote exactly where Mark could find her.. Heather quickly scratches into a parchment with her dagger, "Straight north by north-west from the harbor, do not go through the forest, go throuh the valley, its much faster" she whistles shrilly and ties the fragile yet mostly legible note to a sleek peregrin falcon that alights on her shoudler. She sends it off before continuing her rush towards the northern end of the valley, fighting back tears and an overwhelming feeling of panick, and instead trying to focus on the promising safety the trees seem to offer.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Heather reaches the grove in safety and begins cutting strange phrases into the trees facing the valley,

"Blue Dress, triumphs over Yellow Robe"

"Siros one, undying fun"

"H&M"

"Silver box, with thoughts as locks"

things that could be carved by troublesome youths, and hopefully not recognizable as anything more then vandalism of perfectly good trees by anyone except Mark. She carves many different phrases in different sizes, sure that one will catch his attention. When she is finished carving, she climbs a large tree with very thick leaves, feeling that she is next to invisible, she holds herself onto the branches and rests..
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

After having received her second letter and finally arriving to the midway island, Mark hurries off the ship with light platearmor under his sweater and swords at his side. His eyes move quickly like a falcon, taking in every angle and processing his options in his mind. He thought of a horse and saw one with a buggy, but he wasn't sure how many men were after her. Speed or stealth. Stealth.

He runs at full speed along the valley where it meets the forest, north by northwest. Eyes peeled he knows not what he looks for, only that moving this direction is the best option he has. Eventually about halfway across the valley he burns out. Rest. He frowns before reasuring himself. I'll move faster with a minute of rest. Panting Heavily he rests his arm on a tree. Blue Dress, trimphs over Yellow Robe Hardly processing the marvelous coincidence the more important fact is clear in his mind. A signal, I'm close.

Still panting hard he looks around keenly for both the bondsmen and more signs. He notices no sign of anyone but sees further markings and slips into the forest following them.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Heather hears foot steps approaching her tree.
Very quietly, she moves herself to get a better look at whoever it is.
She edges along the large branch, making sure to stay hidden by the leaves. As she gets to a small gap between two lower branches, her hand slips from the smooth bark in a moment of distraction.
Heather manages to catch herself, but the suprise causes her to make a small squeek. She listens carefully, holding her breath, as several leaves flutter towards the ground below.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark looks up in a flash hearing a ladies voice. He looks up to the tree not being able to see through the leaves. He forces a sharp wisper, moving his eyes from the top of the tree to his surroundings. "Heather? It's Mark.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Heather moves several branches apart, almost not believing her ears. When she sees Mark, her face radiates unbridled joy, "Mark!".
Heather begins to descend from her hiding place, just as the bondsmen rush into the clearing.

Upon spotting her their faces grow triumphant, untill they see Mark. When there gaze settles on him their hands go to their weapons..

The first bondsman speaks, his words sound more like a threat then a quesion.
Soldier1: You there! What are you doing here!?

The second bondsman seems somewhat timid in his speech, his voice wavers slightly.
Soldier2: Stand back Sir, this woman is the property of our lord, and she must be returned to him..

They advance cautiously towards the tree, watching the lone traveler for a reaction..
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Eyes peeled, Mark turns to the sounds of the other men with animal instinct, measuring the threat. Usually in such a circumstance Mark would try to talk some reason into the men risking there lives over this - but Heather was involved, and he didn't know if more men were comming. He had to get her out of here. He draws both blades knees bent - the briefest moment of sorrow on his face - he springs at the more confident guard. One swing on his sword gives him a clear view of the mans backside. He hacks through the armor like a hatchet on a tree, but with the lightning speed of relentless duel sword training. After two swings the armor cracks and his third feels flesh. Deep sorrow is felt without words. The bondsman falls to the ground. He may live. Without any more thought his eye focuses on the other man he kept in the corner of his vision. The bondsman looked terrified. How can I avoid his bloodshed.. Mark attacks the bondsman's sword with one of his own blades and slashes his hand with the other sword, disarming the man. Mark tackles at him and briefly turns to see Heather is clear of any other dangers before knocking the man unconcious with his sword hilt. He looks to her "Lets go" His mind briefly drifts to the fallen man and if he will live, and if not - if Cherga will see it fit to resurect him.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Heather drops the remaing distance to the ground. The fighting, brief as it is, leaves her speechless. In a dazed state, she takes in the scene as Mark looks to her and says, "Lets go".

Heather hears his voice again and everything thats happened on her trip seems to leap from her mouth at once as she rushes toward him and hugs him tightly. Although most of what she says isn't understandable with her face buried in his shoulder, she pulls her head back just long enough to say, "Th-Thank you for c..comming... thank you so much!"
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark hugs her tight. "I love you too." He says warmly but quickly becomes more insistant. "Lets go." He watches his surroundings still in his animal-like readiness, head turning round, eyes moving from side to side. He sees no other threat and takes her hand. If she is alright and unhurt he will start to guide her at a brisk pace the way he came.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Mark hugs her tight. "I love you too."

For the first time in what seems days, Heather is able to feel truly safe.

"Lets go." Mark takes her hand, and guides her at a brisk pace towards the harbor.

Heather steps quickly to keep up with his long strides, and as they move she speaks to him.
"Those were the only two sent after me I think, I never saw any others.."
She pauses to look him over, "Are you alright?"

Heather seems alright despite her hardships. Her clothes are ripped and torn in places, and she has scratches all over her arms and legs from her flight through the forest. Her black hair is wild and disheveled with leaves tangled up in it, but her eyes sparkle with the joy of being united once again with Mark.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

"I'm unharmed" I'll feel alot better when we're back on Gobaith, he thinks to himself. He keeps his eyes peeled as they move quickly towards the harbor. "Lets get home, then you can tell me whats happened."
Heather

Post by Heather »

Heather nods, "Alright, I have things at the inn.."
She shakes her head, "No, nevermind, its not worth gettng caught.."

Heather closes her eyes and runs through everything she left behind, wondering if anything is worth it. "The only thing I'll miss are my swimming clothes.. but I can make new ones."

Heather seems to scold herself for thinking about possesions at all, given her current predicament.
"Let's leave quickly, I didn't bring very much, or anything I'd miss greatly."
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Mark smiles to her "We'll just have to go swimming without them." He steps onto the ship with her and after paying their fare, brings her below the deck into a quiet area where they can talk. He hugs her so tight. He missed her so much. With such relief he feels her skin and looks upon her face. Her beautiful cheeks and good smile. Her eyes that sparkle for him, and cute long hair. Her lips. Moments of the worry of where she had gone and the sorrow of feeling she may not return flicker through his mind, but he tries to push them away. He focuses on her, and hopes their love will continue to bring the hapiness it did when they were last together on Gobaith. He holds on to her, not letting go, swaying ever so slightly, gently along with the sea.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Heather holds onto him just as tightly, worried how he must have felt with her being gone so long.

"I never meant to be gone so long, I missed you so much Mark!"
She kisses him softly, looking into his eyes, her own filled with love and gratitude.

Heather thinks back on her sleepless nights as she stared up at the stars from the deck of a ship at sea, wondering when she would see him again and praying to the gods that she could return to him swiftly..

"I hope you didn't doubt me, it must have been just as terrible for you to be apart so long..?"

She kisses him once more, before giving him a chance to speak.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

"Well I suppose to compare I will have to know what happened to you!" He smiles softly, a bit of his true self comming back to life. His feeling of everything that had just transpired were starting to drift from present to past. 'Why were these people after Heather?', 'Why was she on the island?', 'How did she get there and why did she go?' These were among questions in his racing mind. He felt sorrow for the man he had cut down and yet happiness to see her. His emotions seemed to dance around a fire at the back of his throat, making it hard for him to speak. Looking into her beautiful eyes, without any thought at all, he embraces her in a long, salkamarean kiss.
Last edited by Mark Strongarm on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heather

Post by Heather »

*The voyage is short, far to short to explain everything that happened, but when Heather steps off the ship onto the dock of the harbor, it can be seen she is most pleased to be back again*