A question about Moshran

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Joxia Doral

A question about Moshran

Post by Joxia Doral »

Can a follower of Moshran be free of that bond? When I ask this question months ago IG I was told yes. That a priest, a mage, and a druid were needed ((sounds like the start of a bad joke dont it?)) to perform some ritual.
Im not clear if that meant they would have their soul back or if no matter what once one chooses to follow him their soul is his for eternity, even if they quit following him.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

Can a follower of Moshran be free of that bond?
i think, the only way should be, to cut off that follower's head.*

reason: if it would be possible, to be "a little bad" and then step back, and pretend that nothing bad had happened, the game would swarm with unripe idiots, that change sides at whim.

(* nordmarkers are willing, to perform that service to you for a little fee)
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

you can change the god you follow every time. but you must wand it.

That a mage and a druid are needed is nonsense. You need only a priest of the god you would followe than. In front of them you must swear to don't follow the old god any more, but the new one until now.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Everytime a sworn follower of Moshran defies his god by trying to follow another, like the clueless Djironnyma mentioned, Moshran will make his ex-follower explode in a bloody, messy fountain of gore.
He is an unforgiving god.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Keikan Hiru wrote:Moshran will make his ex-follower explode in a bloody, messy fountain of gore.
That happens in the best case for your character. Fast and painfull. Could be worser ;-)
Last edited by Nitram on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

I think you see that to strict and missunderstand some points.

A follower of moshran is not the same as a servant of moshran. Followers pray some times to moshran, if it is needed. They don't spent her whole life to raise the power of moshran. If he would punish followers so hard, nearly no one will pray to him.

The Backround of illarion speak only from rumors what happens with followers of moshran, that there is a punishment for them after his (more or less) natural dead.

But something like "[...]explode in a bloody, messy fountain of gore.", is nothing as imagination, the background story tell nothing like that.

Moshran - God of Blood and Bones. wrote:
Prayed to for:
Big battles, sharp blades, power and wealth without taking care of something. Orcish war god. Power for necromantic spells or undead beings.

Personality:
In most places just known as the Blood-God or Bone-Lord, people prefer not to call him by his real name. Mighty, powerful, war-loving and blood lusty. Shows some hidden wisdom and sometimes rough humor. Helps strong evil people; his regime is dominated by pain and violence.

Figure:
Appears as a strong, tall orcish warlord, his clothes and weapons drenched in blood, ore as an old Lich who teaches necromancers.

Likes/Dislikes:
Likes good battles, even with unfair methods. Expects unquestioned loyalty and living flesh as a sacrificial offering. Dislikes weaknesses of all kind.

Followers:
Moshran is the "Blood God" of several blood-thirsty orcish war tribes, who takes living sacrifices. His altairs are often drenched in blood. His followers are few, evil beings. Their rituals are always bloody. Sometimes, an evil orc shaman or warlord prays to Moshran, telling the other orcs of the tribe to sacrifice the God under another name. Moshran priests often hide their identities, because they will be attacked by the most righteous people. Evil necromancers call Moshran the "Bone Lord", because he grants them knowledge and power - for a horrible price. Unlike the followers of Cherga, they are not satisfied with immortality - they want power in eternity. Moshran teaches the most worthy and powerful evil ones dark, runeless and unholy rituals. When a Moshran follower dies, Moshran will count the numbers of that ones victims, and his effectivity. If the person was "worthy" enough, he will perhaps be sent back as a powerful undead (most are slain by some powerful heroes), and if not, he enslaves the soul to do minor services. Some of these "servants" have become powerful demon-like creatures over some time, and proved worthy to roam the world again, or have become Moshran's helpers. Amongst his helpers are always intrigues and plans to overthrow the ones in a higher position. The soul of those who fail Moshran is forfeit. It is said that he will brand them with his claws of death marking them as his alone. They may try to hide or seek protection, but to no avail. He doesn't search for them as time playes in his hands. Eventually they will stand in front of him and their soul will be tortured in eternity to give pleasure to the Blood God.
Backround of orcs wrote:[...]And Moshran is the warbringer, who will deliver untameable battle frenzy to a warrior who has wisely sacrificed to him. However, he is also considered to be very fickle and easy to enrage—this is the reason why many orcs prefer to pray to Malachin before an impeding battle, because in a battle frenzy of Moshran it is normally impossible to differentiate between friend and foe.[...]
Backround of humans wrote: 1.7 Black Cultists
Worshipped Deities:
-Moshran
-Bjolmur
-Dragorog
-Cherass

There are Black Cultists from nearly any tribe or race (although it is as likely as never for halflings or elvenkind to become Black Cultists). The Black Cultists are infamous throughout the world and they are followers or even clerics of Moshran or one of his "children". They have faith only in that the utmost strongest and devious will triumph over all others in the end. They refrain from doing anything which they expect no personal benefit or gain from. And they never do any favors, because such could be interpreted as "goodness" or "weakness".

Oftenly, they employ the magickal schools of Necromancy and Demonology. This creed is however forbidden in all realms, because they always use this knowledge recklessly and exclusively for their own selfish benefits. This is the reason why they oftenly operate from the dark, under a shroud of secrecy. These cults usually only exist a very few years, because the members of these group tend to murder eachother and denounce eachother publically, in order to occupy the position of those who they "moved out of the way". At latest when the public or authorities has learned of their doings and proximity, their doings and lives tend to find an end.

Creation mythology is completely meaningless to the Black Cultists. Only the stronger will be victorious in the end, and that is no doubt to them Moshran or one of his three immortals. Against this, the past holds no weight. They are convinced that after death they will find rank and file in the armies of Moshran. Whoever in life was cunning, wily, and unyielding, shall be rewarded with high honor or even become a lich or demonkin; but woe those who have failed in their lives, for they will find a rankless and honorless spot in the front rows of a useless conflict, or end up as a servatile spirit of a drunkard goblin.
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Imagine you would say to your dad: "Hey, dad, I don't like you any more. I have a new dad now, Flanders, the guy you've always hated your whole damned life."
..what do you think your father would do...?

You see ;-)

I guess it's like in any good traditional family, nothing special with Moshran - he would spank you...and not to little. 8)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Rugh'toh wrote:Imagine you would say to your dad: "Hey, dad, I don't like you any more. I have a new dad now, Flanders, the guy you've always hated your whole damned life."
..what do you think your father would do...?
He'd stop you being baptised by diving in front and being baptised himself, then recite something of the bible and they'd all walk off muddly into the sunset while the Flanders family have rainbows and such around them.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Moshran would probably explode anyone whose prayed to him even once and then switched to another god.

We're talking about the ultimate hatefull avengefull god of infinate sufferance here, hardly no one except orcs pray to him anyway, and you know why? Cause everyone else exploded in a gorey, bloody mess. :twisted:
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I think there is a difference though, between defying Moshran and actually 'switching' to a different religion. If you flat out defy Moshran, and then go to worship anouther god.. well, basically Moshran will do something to you before you get to worship that other god. Now, if you pray to that other god as -defiance- to Moshran, particularily the 'extreme good' Gods, (Malachin, Zhambra, Oldra, the elder gods) then they would protect you, right? But they have to turn fully away from Moshran as well.

And um.. don't forget that there are other evil deities. Moshran is just the 'common' evil one because he is direct. Sacrifice blood and bone. The others are.. indirect.

Honestly, I think a priest, paladin, or worshipper of another god(s) would be able to perform that. And then there are a few select others around that might be able to perform such rituals with ease, but they have to be found.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Do we really NEED to discuss that?
This should be decided from case to case...

Ask a GM about that and tell him the situation of your char, mybe you can even end in a little playerquest. The best way I think.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Ask Damien :P .
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

AlexRose wrote:Blame Damien :P .
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

I think it's a wee bit silly to think that you can pray all day to the good gods your whole life and never expect to see them (this as comes from Damien, who refused to allow any sort of divine intervention-related quests) and yet Moshran has so much time on his hands, is so beholden to his worshippers, and so petty that he would make sure to put it on his things-to-do list to kill his worshippers because they sent a spare prayer to someone else.

Keikan, your experience as Darlok might have been different, but that would be because you were playing with yourself in one way or another. Most of these Moshran worshippers can't GM themselves up a meeting with god.
Lance Thunnigan

Aegohl wrote:I think it's a wee bit silly to think that you can pray all day to the good gods your whole life and never expect to see them (this as comes from Damien, who refused to allow any sort of divine intervention-related quests) and yet Moshran has so much time on his hands, is so beholden to his worshippers, and so petty that he would make sure to put it on his things-to-do list to kill his worshippers because they sent a spare prayer to someone else.

Keikan, your experience as Darlok might have been different, but that would be because you were playing with yourself in one way or another. Most of these Moshran worshippers can't GM themselves up a meeting with god.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

I'm not getting into this discussion just because I made a joke and you people take it for serious.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Can't GM themselves up some res killing mummies, a way too long drought, or a ham sandwich either.

:D
Lance Thunnigan

Keikan Hiru wrote:I'm not getting into this discussion just because I made a joke and you people take it for serious.

OH KEIKAN,
WHY SO SERIAL?
Llama

Post by Llama »

*sniff* This gives so much chance for some nice roleplay. Like a moshram follower converting, and appearing the next day with a scarred and deformed face.

This could be so epic.
Lance Thunnigan

The Staff are against Epic, duh.
What game've you been playing Adrian?
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Solitare.
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I love solitare... but only if its a timed game, or vegas style :D
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Lance Thunnigan wrote:The Staff are against Epic, duh.
What game've you been playing Adrian?
The staff are against words. Dont even type staff and words after it, they will come and destroy us!
Joxia Doral

quesion

Post by Joxia Doral »

Looks we've strayed from the topic here...
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

*prays to sirani and explodes*
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

The Returner wrote:*prays to sirani and explodes*
I'd hate to think what kind of explosion that is.
Lance Thunnigan

rakust dorenstkzul wrote:
AHAHAHAHAHAH!
*dies*
Joxia Doral

quesion

Post by Joxia Doral »

rakust dorenstkzul wrote:
ok this one REALLY made me laugh. :lol: :lol:
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

i read mixed opinions here. So i will write shortly

YES YOU CAN.

Dravish broke his bonds

i repeat

DRAVISH broke his bonds.

If dravish can do so, anyone can.

how? im not so sure how, but you definately can.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Honestly, does anyone care?

Just RP whatever would make you the happiest. No one will blame you if you don't do it the "official" way, as long as you roleplay. Jeez.