The Town Guard

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

bdgdkay

The Town Guard

Post by bdgdkay »

People of Trollsbane, I grow weary of the constant stream of complaints about the guard being to small. I wish to make it know what you can do to help.

First of all, to be honest, stop complaining about how small we are. We are only as strong as you make us. If the people do not join, then we will not become any stronger in numbers. We can try to recruit people, but other than that, it is not under our control if we are strong in numbers or not, it is under the control of the people who join us.

Second, if you want to join the guard it is very simple to do so. You must simply be a citizen of trollsbane, you must have a basic understanding of the laws, you have to have little or no criminal record, and you must have a basic ability in combat. If you have all of those, then you simply send an application to the ascius, or if he isnt available, the governor.

Third, tell us what needs to be done. I dont mean that you should tell us to become stronger, but rather inform us of situations. And if possible do not use vigilante action. Try and find a guard, and if one isnt available, or if you are in a situation where you are unable to do anything then, and only then may you use vigilante action, but then, report on the situation.

If there are any questions, just post here, or send me a dove.

Signed,
Altrix
Lieutnant of the guard
Squire of gobaith
Soldier of the grovestriders
Borine

Post by Borine »

I could join as temporary reinforcement... Since I am a mercenary of the Grovestriders 10% of my earnings could also go towards them... I am an above average fighter and could handle most situations. However I am no citizen and I do not wish to be... I also have a small history of petty crimes...

Christopher Rigden

GroveStrider Mercenary
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

I can assist if needed.

F
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Stop being moronic, idiotic, belligerent, rude, arrogant, snide and just stop being overly annoying. You have done nothing beneficial for Bane. I do not call the mass jailing of people who dislike your laws appropriate.

~Unsigned~
Hans Georg Hammerwerfer

Post by Hans Georg Hammerwerfer »

I offered to join, and so i tried to get in contact with several for that needed representatives, but what was the result: nothing!!

If wished, i still offer to join the guard, but i did already do my part!!

With my best wishes,

Hans Georg Hammerwerfer
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Officially I'm a member o' the guard, I could, I 'spose enforce the laws if I see 'em bein' broken, and try an' quell unrests - that is, if I begin gettin' paid fer bein a guard.

~Rolfe Yeoman
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Any member of the guard that requires help for training, feel free to place a note here, I shall seek you.

I can offer healings and protection of all sorts to allow you to adventure further than your learning area.

The price I ask is simply whatever I will spend for helping you, which generally shouldn't go over half whatever loot you've gathered by fighting foes.

-
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

To Hans, I have looked at the trollsbane citizen list, and you do not seem to even be a citizen, and, I have recieved no dove that you wished to join. When you become a citizen, send me a dove, and I will hire you.

Rolfe, I have not only rewritten the lists myself, but also checked them again. You are not currently a guard of Trollsbane. If you wish to join, you can send me a dove. And, as for pay, that is still being worked out.

Signed
Altrix
Captain of the Guard