Poisons

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I hijack this topic to say that poison weapons are way to powerful, in my opinion - the whole poisoning system in PvP seems imbalanced:
  • Poisoned weapons are poisoned forever
  • Even with blue poisoning skill (!) you can hit and poison opponents with poisoned weapons of very good quality very quickly and/or often and...
  • ... the poison is quite strong and especially very long-lasting (does it vanish without antidote at all?)
  • The antidotes are not cheap and they give you no immunization for some seconds or minutes, so you can get poisoned immediately again.
Ergo: With good weaponry, you can pwn everyone without skill.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Miklorius wrote:Ergo: With good weaponry, you can pwn everyone without skill.
*Logs in game to validate the claim* Kallahorn will be mine, mineeee!
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Miklorius wrote:I hijack this topic to say that poison weapons are way to powerful, in my opinion - the whole poisoning system in PvP seems imbalanced:
  • Even with blue poisoning skill (!) you can hit and poison opponents with poisoned weapons of very good quality very quickly and/or often and...
  • ... the poison is quite strong and especially very long-lasting (does it vanish without antidote at all?)
  • The antidotes are not cheap and they give you no immunization for some seconds or minutes, so you can get poisoned immediately again.
I agree, except for the last bit. Just to say, if you have no skill, then you will be parried often, not parry, be very slow, etc. And you'll just... die, really.

For poison I'd like to see:
-The poison on weapons "wears out" or is just removed with use, and must be poisoned again.
-Antidotes give you 10 RL minutes of poison immunisation to avoid having to chug them repeatedly.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Miklorius wrote:I hijack this topic to say that poison weapons are way to powerful, in my opinion - the whole poisoning system in PvP seems imbalanced:
1) Poisoned weapons are poisoned forever like magical weapons are too. I think it would be too difficult for the devs to change that.

2) The poison skill directly affects 'what chance' you have to poison someone. Better skill=better chance.

3) all poisons can be cured by antidote. Some poisons last longer than others just as some creatures are stronger than others. With poison weapons, take no chances and take the antidote.

4) antidotes aren't cheap, but neither are poisons or the weapons themselves. The 'poor' often die of diseases. :D

5) Pwn with poison? Seems like a good equalizer to all these 'uber'powerful fighter types. Why you complaining? :D
nmaguire wrote: -The poison on weapons "wears out" or is just removed with use, and must be poisoned again.
-Antidotes give you 10 RL minutes of poison immunisation to avoid having to chug them repeatedly.
I disagree with the first one. It would affect 'magic' weapons too. And I don't think it could be implemented by the devs without a lot of work.
I do agree with the second idea though. You should be able to drink an antidote or potion "Before" you enter a desert or spider cave to stay safe for some time. Maybe the new druid system will have a solution.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I think the topic may be mote if the antidotes weren't so expensive though. IMO there are too many things ig that can poison quickly to have such expensive antidotes. Just make them cheaper so the poor can live also.

(unless things have changed, I have dueled with poison weapons without very much difficulty, though it has been awhile)
Olive

Post by Olive »

why not make it so a poisoned weapon's durability reduces quickly, and to 'repair it' requires poison.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

why not leave it the hell alone???? you have to kill spiders to get poisen.. so pay even 2 silver for an antidote or mana or wind or healing or Any thing is good balence.. i do think however the potion should give you a bit of immunity.. as for the weapons leave em be.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Magical weapons get there power from, well, magic/mana in the world, at least you could explain it that way. Poisoned weapons don't.

And of course it is nice to have some feature which is capable of taking out mighty fighter characters, but the way to reach that is too easy as I stated above:
If the opponent's poisoning skill is only blue, my charakter not the worst fighter/defender but gets poisoned soon (maybe luck) and then the poison is also tough and quite unlimited, something IS wrong.

I am wondering why not all Serinjah-PGer do not switch over to poison weapons :P - the antidote traders would be rich as Garon.

PS: I like Olive's idea.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Hmm, I'd actually prefer it if 'posion' did something like reduce strenght/constitution... would give you different kinds of poisons.

But that's what the druid system is for.

---

The whole 'antidote immunity' thing can be done without much problems... and is a good idea.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I would be highly annoyed if attacked by some one and lost 10% of my health a second because of a really high poison skill to find out I can't be healed. I think no antidote = auto death. Even if the poison only took health down to very little. In no time you would be clouded in one hit.