Houses

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aldan Vian

Houses

Post by Aldan Vian »

I'm not really new but I still don't know how to build houses.Can some one please explain it.(New language only please)
Olive

Post by Olive »

in order to buidl a house you need to gather a very large sum of materials and coin, or purchase an exsiting house form somebody for theri agreed upon selling price

to build a new house expect to pay maybe 3-4 golds for a modest house i would think, not counting materials
Triton

Post by Triton »

But for sure you have to RP your life..that the house is confident.
Aldan Vian

Resorces

Post by Aldan Vian »

I know you have to gather resorces but who do you go to in order to build it.
Triton

Post by Triton »

Lennier
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Where is lennier.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

If you have to ask who Lennier is you have not been around long enough to own a house (in my opinion) he is one of the gm's. who (unless i am mistaken) is primarily responsible for map changes which is why he is also called "the builder" as the buildings are changes on the map. He is also a master carpenter IG.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

You also have to obtain permission from the town's 'government' in which it will be located, and pay any 'fees' or taxes required.

Look at the "Building Rules" thread in the Player's Forum, the first post for the updated information.

A single person/ non-guild group may only build in recognized settlements which are currently:
Trollsbane
Greenbriar
Varshikar
Tol Vanima
Silverbrand (Only Underground)

Any other location (at the moment) requires you to be part of a 'Guild' of no less than 4 "Active" Players (Not Characters) who do not have ownership in any home of their own.

As the rules state, get IG permission from the 'Player Government', then with them, send a PM to PO Lorian MacGintish aka "Lennier". While you wait (Be Patient, he is very busy) collect the needed materials and coin you'll need according to the building rules. Plan and build modest at first, maybe the first floor only. See how it goes, then add a cellar or second floor later. (All with permission of the IG Government of course).

Hope this helps!
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

In the last weeks people mix ig and ooc and my identies very often... Because of that once more:

I am a player like you. I am reachable with PMs directed to my board account "Lennier". Do not mix this with my char Lennier ingame. He has nothing to do with this.

The char i use ingame is Lorian MacGintish.
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=20803

Of course a link to the building rules may be helpful. :)
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Ok Thanks for everybodys help.