Meaning of Red Names

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Make a new category for tools that lights up in another color, but this category can also be used to attack?

I'm just throwing this out like that and trying to act smart. :P
Nop
Developer

Post by Nop »

Konrad Knox wrote:So how come i dont see or hear anyone picking on mages whose names are blue, means they're carrying their wand, an equivalent of a gun, in their hand. Oh yeah, because they can fry your butt, isn't it? :roll:
Yeah right, nobody complained so far, it doesn't seem to be a problem. Let's make it one!!! ;-)

It is really amazing. The update introduced a mechanism that allows you to see an extremely obvious thing IG. And some people start arguments against the change and against other players reacting reasonably. I think I should get used to it, I remember there were also people arguing against the introduction of weather because they wanted to RP day during the night and vice versa. But I think they have accepted the existence day and night by now. :-)

The meaning of the colors was included in the announcement of the update in German and English and it is also in the client's readme.txt. Actually, all changes to the client have been documented this way for the last two years. If you note that your client updates itself (and please don't tell me that you didn't note a 30+Mb download) and you don't care to read either source of information, don't blame the devs for it! And don't expect to be taken seriously. :)
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Konrad Knox wrote:So how come i dont see or hear anyone picking on mages whose names are blue, means they're carrying their wand, an equivalent of a gun, in their hand. Oh yeah, because they can fry your butt, isn't it? :roll:
Mages can kill you with and without their wand, so it doesn't matter, many people rp their wands as some kind of walking stick aswell(jsut like the wand from gandalf for example) so i guess its allright for mages to carry their wands around, same with staffs, you almost have to carry your staff around, unless you strap it on your back.
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

Pellandria wrote:
Mages can kill you with and without their wand, so it doesn't matter, many people rp their wands as some kind of walking stick aswell(jsut like the wand from gandalf for example) so i guess its allright for mages to carry their wands around, same with staffs, you almost have to carry your staff around, unless you strap it on your back.
Same rules should apply for all, you can't have one without the other if you want to make everyone happy, which is -by the looks of- the prime target for this community for the most part.

So on that note, if I see a mage that my char(s) doesn't know/trust well and they have a wand in hand I will see that as hostility toward my char(s) and may attack/kill them in means of defense. :wink:.. And as for the whole Gandalf thing, many have said it once before and I'll say it again incase you forgot already 'This is illa not [insert_name/]LOTR [insert_name/]'
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Why is this thread still open? :?
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

damn awkward loading times made me post twice stfu.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Deuce, somehow I get the strong feeling that you will not do that simply because it's really that way and that a mage with a staff in a hand would really seem like a threatening figure, but simply because warriors are a threat with their swords drawn. A little more and we could say that if I see a crafter with a drawn tool, I'll consider it as if that char threatens mine :roll:
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

HolyKnight wrote:Why is this thread still open? :?
Why people like to discuss ?
At best in 100.000 pieces, 100.000 sides and 100.000 views.

* raises her vicious scissor for cutting inners with a yell * and appears in RED :P

But seriously.. can we close this ? All is said and the staff will work on a solution - or let them still work. I like it. END
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Pellandria wrote:
Yeah, a wand simply boosts your power, like we don't tell you to take off your rings and armour. They also allow beneficial effects, and blue promotes calm :P .
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Deuce wrote: :.. And as for the whole Gandalf thing, many have said it once before and I'll say it again incase you forgot already 'This is illa not [insert_name/]LOTR [insert_name/]'
Good that you don't even want to understand, there are two kinds of wands, one I like to clal "Harry potter wand" and one "gandalf" wand, seeing that the Illarion wand takes two hands I think our wands are as big as staffs, which again, how would you "sheat" a staff or a Wand, except taking them in your hand and carry it around?
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Noop, since you are oh so smart, how do you manage to justify this focking travesty this change has brought upon us decent non-engine RP'ers.:x I have a barbarian who uses two-handed swords as toothpicks. Completely reasonable and common way of RP'ing, right? He does hold the sword in his hand, but in a totally unaggressive manner as the tip is pointed towards himself at all times! The TIP of the SWORD is in his mouth, not pointing at others, for christ's sake! IN HIS MOUTH! How do you justify all the "Omg, why you are wielding a sword indoors" prejudice which completely ruins any enjoyment I have ever had with the game, you lout?:roll:

So if you are even half the programmer you pretend you are, you should AT LEAST have programmed a different color for people who hold a sword in their mouths (pink?) or even finally fixed the client to have a specific mouth-item slot. Sheesh.:roll: Is that really too much to ask now? We have waited for such a slot for years now! My RP is totally wrecked thanks to your stupid update. :( Oh, how I long for the days when there were no depots, you could just focus on RP without being discriminated against and treated in hostile way for just RP'ing a tooth picking character. :evil: Stupid devs. Stupid Nitram. :x

:P I like the update.

@Konrad
They must have something to compensate with, you know. :wink: Even though, in Illarion mages could be accurately described as a bunch of dicks. :P
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

To staffs:

As it was said, staffs are usually used for walking incl. battle staffs. So there is a difference when some wanderer comes to you with an ordinary looking staff or with a two-handed battel axe in his hands.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Alytys Lamar wrote:
* raises her vicious scissor for cutting inners with a yell * and appears in RED :P

But seriously.. can we close this ?

/signed
Llama

Post by Llama »

AlexRose wrote:
Pellandria wrote:
Yeah, a wand simply boosts your power, like we don't tell you to take off your rings and armour. They also allow beneficial effects, and blue promotes calm :P .
Also a wand can be used for healing as well, swords are only for ripping people apart.