Something messed up somewhere

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Arwyn

Something messed up somewhere

Post by Arwyn »

It's been a few weeks since I last tried to log in. My last time was fine - everything ran perfectly, no problems with the client. Today I try to get in, and my Java client decides it doesn't feel like working. When I click "Play Game" I get my Java to come up, and then, weirdly (this didn't happen before) it goes to a Download bar. The download bar doesn't work - it starts, and then it says Download Stalled. I've tried this with both my new Firefox and with IE, and neither is doing anything. My computer used to run everything perfectly, but now it won't even give me the Log In box. Any idea what's going on?
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

First we've had a complete client update. This means you need to redownload the entire client again before you can play (pretty sure of that). I've never encountered a download stall. I've seen it start downloading, stop at a random % for a while, then it finish instantly on the progress bar.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

I just clicked play and it patched, but you may have to install the entire thing again. *shrug* If you do though, make sure you save your name files and things.
Illarion

Post by Illarion »

It has stalled for me several times in the past just wait for a while it will keep going on eventually.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Gro'bul wrote:First we've had a complete client update. This means you need to redownload the entire client again before you can play (pretty sure of that). I've never encountered a download stall. I've seen it start downloading, stop at a random % for a while, then it finish instantly on the progress bar.
Helped someone update the other day and he stalled loads so he came to my house and we played SSBB for a few hours then he went back and it was done.