Troll's Bane Town Guard [latest]

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Attention Citizens and Visitors of Troll's Bane,

With the help of two members from the Knights of Kallahorn, Sir Ross and Sir Gretchen, and the help of my lovely wife Kaila we apprehended an Orc for assaulting a halflingess. It was announced to me that the orc was a newcomer to the island, therefore, not knowing our laws and customs. It was at this point that Starling arrived and pledged that she would look after the orc. By the laws of Troll's Bane I charged the orc with a fine that was paid by Starling.

Because of Starling's devotion toward helping the orc I have made a deal with her. The deal is for her to teach the orc how to properly handle himself in Troll's Bane and not commit anymore crimes. I ask all those in Troll's Bane to keep an eye on the orc. He is very young, shabbily dressed, sturdy and appears to be healthy. Please write upon the boards if you see him break anymore laws. However, after further inspection of the law unless the halflingess that was attacked comes forward and is a citizen I cannot charge the orc.

Also, the halfling matching this description: He can easily be recognized by his loud manner... extremely large physique for a halfling... and his constant Uuuuuuerrr's. He has resisted arrest for the assault of several people within the town. He pushed Konrad Knox into a fire... then attacked a man in Eliza's shop, and lastly a woman named Toni Bengal. Konrad being a citizen allows the halfling to be charged with assault and attempted murder. When I confronted him to arrest him he fled. I am charging him with resisting arrest, attempted murder, and assault he is now considered an outlaw. Show him no quarter.
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Evan Ross and Aernor Ingloril have joined the guard as recruits.

There will be a guard meeting soon. Once I obtain money from the governor all the missing fees will be paid.

Sincerely,
Ascius
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Can I respectfully ask of Town Guard magic users to not block the town gates with magic walls and use some other tactic instead, like paralysis? Not all of us have capacity to break such walls with our will, and your walls last a very long time, and they prevent traffic of peaceful folk in and out of town. Trade caravans have to wait for the spell to expire because the guard is chasing one thief.
Thank you,
Konrad Knox.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Konrad and I have discussed this matter, since there is no other mage guards the blame falls on myself. To all of those aggravated by the blockades my sincere apologizes go out to you. Future measures will be taken from my behalf to insure the safety of the city as well as continuing commerce.

Eli Travinus
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Dain Laiden is in town and got in an argument with a tall man and might be about to kill him.

Unsigned
Olive

Post by Olive »

when is somebody going to do something about al the thieves in town?

i caught one with eli last night but he wasn't able to get the jail open to toss the street rat in.. FIX THIS!!!

there is no signature
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Did you just volunteer to join the guard? Didn't think so.

~Evan Ross,
Knight of Kallahorn,
Captain of Caelum,
Recruit of Trollsbane~
Tinya

Post by Tinya »

There may be seen a petite 14 year old girl with ebony uncombed hair standing in front of the board. Appearing to have trouble reading, sounding out the words very slowly with sky blue eyes staring at one particular post, she bites her lip and first looking to each side of her, takes a piece of charcoal and draws the sign of a skull and crossbones over the words "street rat". Dropping the charcoal where she stands, then runs quickly to the shadows now muttering something about "pirates".
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Deal with your guard named Aernor... He places insults and threats loosely... and holds himself in a disrespectful and constantly aggressive manner.

The lizard leaves his clawmark as signature

///
Joxia Doral

guard

Post by Joxia Doral »

Aernor needs to be trained. and someone needs to tell him that being a guard doesnt mean being a bully. And I like him so dont take this in a bad way.
Joxia
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Evan Ross wrote:Did you just volunteer to join the guard? Didn't think so.

~Evan Ross,
Knight of Kallahorn,
Captain of Caelum,
Recruit of Trollsbane~
Actually Evan I did but the captain is too busy currently to reply.

Unsigned
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Was he asking you?

~W.E~
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

Actually, according to Aernor, he decided to quit the town guard, which is a right spot of luck with the shamefull display he made of himself recently in town

-Parr

the message is scrawled by a helpfull passer by as an old monk speaks in soft tones to them
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Jorokar or Ascius,

The elfess Madeline wishes to join our ranks. She is new to the island so she will first have to be accepted as a citizen. From what I can tell she exemplifies the qualities for a citizen. Please contact me Jorokar about this matter.

Eli Travinus
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Today a girl with the name of Juliana did get jailed for robbery.
If someone wants to visit her, just send a dove to one of the
guards.
Our Gouvernor will give further information about the duration
of her attendance in our cells.

~Rorak, Town Guard
Borine

Post by Borine »

An elf wielding twin daggers is on the loose... he has already hurt someone today. I managed to subdue him but he got away... please be on the lookout.

Christopher Rigden
Artan Innis

Post by Artan Innis »

A probably male tall lizard wielding two swords has attacked and robbed an Elfess by the workshop. He spoke in the old language, though not sure if he knows the new one aswell.

Just keep your eyes open, guards.

.- Timothy
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

• Guards in need of newer or better equipment including armor and armaments should send me a letter with the needed items.
  • Those who have not received this month's pay should also try to meet with me.
Have a good day.

~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Governor of Troll's Bane
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

• Christopher Ridgen is to be fined 6 silver coins for damaging property of Troll's Bane. The fine is to be increased if he refuses to pay or disobeys the guards, and further actions are to be taken if he continues to persist.
  • The lizard Sssari Trisska, by my orders, it to be jailed on sight for questioning. Once held in custody, a dove should be immediately sent to me and I will clarify the situation.
~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

• The fine of Christopher Ridgen is increased to 15 silver coins due to disobedience and once again, fleeing. 9 silvers will be given to the one who captures this person.
~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

• The lizard Sssari Trisska is considered innocent and has been released from custody.
~ Sir Jorokar Sladrir
Sorntales

Post by Sorntales »

12. Ushos 25

Christopher Ridgen fled once again from being fined.
He drew a magical serinjah sword and seemed to be willing to use it, if cornered.

D. Sorntales
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Yesterday i caught Christopher Ridgen fighting in town. He is to be fined another 8 silver

Altrix
Borine

Post by Borine »

Sorntales assaulted me whilst I attempted to earn money to pay off the fine...

C.R

P.S Altrix could never have caught me fighting because he was lying in a pool of his own blood. And he has no evidence apart from a forced accusation from one of my friends
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Chris,

You have no say. Keep your mouth shut or you will be an outlaw. The sworn testimony of the Lieutenant out-ways your feeble attempts to prove your innocence, unless you have a witness you are guilty.

Now on to another subject. I arrested a drunken woman named Gertie for the following reasons:
-Section I. Class C. Disturbance: First she continued to scream even after I told several times to speak in a normal tone of voice. She was drunk and disorderly and continued to kick me after I confiscated her drink. Later she pulled Recruit Dereugh Sorntales' hair.
-Section II. Class E. Disobedience: She refused my request thrice, however, I know she was drunk so to keep her from instigating more trouble I lured her to the jail.
-I will not charge her with assault since the attacks were more annoying then anything.
-I request that she remain in jail until she is sober instead of the 8-10 days she is suppose to spend there.

Zhambra's Will,

Eli Travinus
Borine

Post by Borine »

Who made you and Altrix Gods over mankind you arrogant pig...?

C.R
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

My Fair Troll's Bane,

There is a tense situation that I want to bring your attention and shed light upon. A few days ago this post was made onto our boards:

Today I was attacked at Elizas by a lizard called "Behemoth".
He attacked me from behind without any reason. He hurt me a lot. I am bleeding from several wounds. Yes I have to tell you he nearly killed me.
I didnt strike at him once, just tried to block his blows.
As a whitness Werner von Mintraching was in the shop. He saw and he heard everything.
I am a citizen of trolls bane, I am the former captain of the guard and I want the government of Trolls Bane to punish that criminal lizard.

~A.Y.R.
It pains me to see these words written since I am friends to both persons. However, I have spoken with Behemoth on events aforementioned and his testimony is much different. He also has a witnessed, Recruit Guard Timothy, he says saw the entire fight. I know Behemoth and he is a Lizard of honor and does not take well insults. There has been several times that he has confronted disturbers of the peace in Trolls Bane. He claims that Amadi taunted him in Eliza's shop with his blades drawn. Behemoth asked Amadi to sheath his blades and instead he laughed at Behemoth. Afterward a fight ensued and Amadi was terribly wounded. I know Behemoth is not a citizen and I know Amadi is a citizen and we must protect them with our lives, but I ask to abstain from any conflict that might ensue since they are both my dear friends.

Since Behemoth is not a citizen there is no chance of an appeal, however, I would like it to be taken in to consideration by all that this was a duel of honor. Perhaps that carries no weight by the law but all men know the preciousness of their honor. I have always seen both men uphold their honor and to treat them like common criminals is an injustice.

Respectfully,
Eli Travinus
Leonarde

Post by Leonarde »

In the case of the arrested Gertie, 9 days in jail are right.

In the case of Mister Randal against the lizard Behemoth I will hear more witness before i make a judgement.

Malachin with you,
~Judge L.Q.A. Brousseborgne
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Christopher,

I was hardly lying in a pool of blood when you were fighting, I had finally regained conciousness and you and Oliver were fighting. Since I have never had any problem with Oliver breaking the laws in town, I gave him the offer of not fining him if he admitted you were fighting, as you told me that I had no proof of your fight. But, due to the recent crime spree commited by you, you can expect there will be no mercy for any crime inwhich you commit.

Signed boldly
Altrix
Lieutenant of the Guard
Page of the knights of gobaith
Artan Innis

Post by Artan Innis »

9. Ushos in the 25. year

After the incident reported by Mister Randal, several crims took place at Eliza's.

There was a group of people who helped each other and thus should be punished equally for all crimes. The Group consisting of the lizard called "Behemoth" and the two humans Dominic Fisher and Christopher Ridgen. Then there was the elf Callith who didn't help in all crimes so I have marked the ones which he is accuse of. I accuse all the others of the following:
  • Disobedience (+Callith)
  • Threat and duress (+Callith)
  • Kidnapping
  • Attempted Murder
As the attacked person Mister Randal is a citizen and was at that moment unarmed and furthermore I was threatened, the crimes should be treated as serious crimes.

All but Callith, as he is a citizen aswell, are guilty and cannot appeal against this. If Callith doesn't wish to appeal, he is guilty too.

I was able to question Behemoth about the incident which was reported earlier. He has given in the attack on Mister Randal and is therefore to be seen as guilty.

.- Timothy