Possible Bug

If you found a bug in Illarion or need help ask here. / Wenn Du einen Fehler in Illarion gefunden hast oder Hilfe benötigst, frage hier.

Moderator: Developers

Achae Eanstray

Possible Bug

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Since I am not sure, will post this here. Eight pigs and 8 entrails, no leather, no meat at the pigpen in Trolls Bane. I then got kicked and when got back in game, the sword I was carrying in hand disappeared. I logged out and back in and no sword...though I still have 8 entrails :wink: .

edited....... 12 entrails....one meat no sword LOL :?
Dariya

Post by Dariya »

as far as the pigs are concerned:
no bug > http://illarion.org/statistics/de_quest ... d=55866317
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Dariya wrote:as far as the pigs are concerned:
no bug > http://illarion.org/statistics/de_quest ... d=55866317
Oh nice!! Very interesting! Thanks :D
Dariya

Post by Dariya »

not really a technical question, but still .... well just hijacking this thread

what about this pig plague quest?

I mean, this has been lasting long enough now.
Personally I do not need the pigs ...

"Experienced" chars have their ways and money to buy dishes,
new chars don't, so they are the only ones really effected negatively with this!
For new players/chars, the pigs are a way to get food and to earn a bit of copper, which they badly need in the beginning.

So please ... could we get on with this?! :)
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

I already (think I) know the solution since a while, but have no clue how to "submit" it or something. :?
Borine

Post by Borine »

Tell us it then... solve it in game
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

How is it you solve it in game? :/ I tried finding out who the GM that started the quest is to talk to him/her about it, but couldn't figure out who..

Also, considering what I have in mind is true, telling you over the forums OOC'ly would be kind of disrespectful for the GM that put the effort to put up the enigma, wouldn't it?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Well there are chars seeking ig information about this, somohow strange how a new plaer suddendly gained information about this while everyone else is kinda "left out", but you might go to druids or mages or whoever you think might be able to cure the plague, no need to discuss this with the gms, if your char found out somethign ig than you are free to say it ig.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Wow Pellandria, are you always having a fit and complaining about stuff? :?

You must have misunderstood me, honest. I didn't "suddenly gain information about this while everyone else is kinda 'left out'"...

I figured something out by myself through listening and observing people concerning the plot.. It might be something completely wrong.. Jeez, you honestly don't always have to be on your defensive like that.. it's a game you know..

Besides, the way you say it makes it sound like new players should be left out of interesting plot. :/ If I didn't know better, I'd feel kinda offended.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

LifeWonder wrote:Wow Pellandria, are you always having a fit and complaining about stuff? :?
He is, unfortunately :?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You people are seriously picky, I jsut said that i find it strange not "Omgozor some noobass cheated omg omg omg call a gm", you should seriously lay off your "Oh man I purposly missunderstand you, so i can whine a bit about it" I jsut gave you some tips how you can react ig and you piss on my leg...geez it was a mere frowning face shot atthe gm who obviously leaves most parts of the people ig hanging with no clue, even while someone offered silver for the information, if a plot is only based upon one or two players than I will automaticly think that there might be something wrong with limiting informations...
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

If you really wanted this Pellandria, you could left out this of you first post:
Well there are chars seeking ig information about this, somohow strange how a new plaer suddendly gained information about this while everyone else is kinda "left out",
Since this. In fact is "omg why he, why not me?!?!?!?"

No further discussion needed.

@LifeWonder:
I tell the GM to handles this quest that he should consider to contact you.

Nitram
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Nitram wrote: Since this. In fact is "omg why he, why not me?!?!?!?"
I think someone really got my intentions wrong.
First off I don't play quests, I allready stated that several times, second, I don't even play Illarion that much anymore and last I don't even slay pigs, thus if it gets a solution or not is not the main matter of my writting, it seems that people automaticly think everyone is egozentric and only complains, because someone envys his information/place/char/power...whatever, but there are still people up to point out "mistakes" just for the sake of getting a solution, not to get some shiny price at the end.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Then you should consider writing in a way that not everyone thinks that you ... ah what ever you wrote it yourself.

No further discussion needed.

Nitram
Loralyn
Location: Follow me into this dark alley and i'll show you...

Post by Loralyn »

Well, it's been a while but I have been waiting for someone to initiate something about my quest IN CHARACTER! I am all for moving forward but it takes more than a GM to perform a quest. Now that everyone is aware that it is no bug and to be handled in game then we may just be able to proceed. ;)
Olive

Post by Olive »

well let me explainthe problem i have

1) the pig herder gives no help, terefore i couldn't get any idea who to try to start anythgin with

well i can stop right at number 1 cant i

it would be mentalyl retarded for me to run around to everybody "can you help me solve the pug plague quest?"

thats somethgin i expect from a two word text parser game where you had to ask peopel until you found the right one by accident

i've actually tried looking 3 times and exactly three tiems i found no clues, hints or informaton other than a friend of mine complaiing about the pigs.

so it certainly is not a lack of trying its a lack of knowing where to even start
Ayla

Post by Ayla »

Olive wrote:it would be mentalyl retarded for me to run around to everybody "can you help me solve the pug plague quest?"
"Strange, isn't it? I meant to get a bit of ham to cook just the other day, but it seems Gloarn's gone a bit lax in caring for the pigs. Either that or they're all sick, scrawny things."

=P Implications are a writer's best friend. I'd help but I don't exactly have a char that would take much notice to the piggies... *Snickers as she nudges a few people to help the poor, bored GM*
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Having posted and discussed ig, I agree with Olive, no clue where to start.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

It's just logic in my opinion. :/

I guess I'll start talking about it to people in game or something.
Loralyn
Location: Follow me into this dark alley and i'll show you...

Post by Loralyn »

You're Rpers, use your imaginations. That is all that I am going to say.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

i get my ham/leather other ways... so i dont care of the pigs stay that way... i use them for entrails...
stetson

Post by stetson »

ok when i go to play the game it tries to make me redownload it. this is a bug i already have it downloaded. and was just playing when i tryied to play the game instead or verifying it redownlods please help me fix this.

~Thogoer~