A note to the people

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

bdgdkay

A note to the people

Post by bdgdkay »

*a man walks up to the forum and posts this not, but seems to not be to enthusiastic about it*

While it pains me to write this, I have found that it has become a necessity, not for myself, but for the livelyhood of trollsbane. It seems as though we are in need of a different governor. He has not shown up in town for a good while now, and he does not seem to being doing the jobs that are required of a good governor. The guard has not been payed in atleast five weeks, and some of us, it has been longer than that. I ask for people's opinions on this matter, and please, answer honestly dont go by what your relationships with the governor are, go by what you believe should happen. I have decided to keep myself anonymous for the time being.

Unsigned
Logrin Parr

Post by Logrin Parr »

A man chuckles as he thanks someone for reading the note to him before dictating to them as the jot a reply for him

Aye lad, I may not have been paid...this is true. But any guard who protects those who refuge within the town walls simply for money isn't much of a guard is he?

A simple monk
-Logrin Parr
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

I am not saying this for the guard, but for the people, i am saying that if there was money involved, there would be more people to join. Therefore, the town would be better protected.

unsigned
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Bullocks.

The Guards have been paid when it was time. A meeting was held, and those who attended were paid. Others were asked to contact Captain Ascius. A few more days and it will be a new turn for another payment.

As for me, I am in fact in town. Being busy indoors does not mean I am not in town.

~ Sir Jorokar
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I can personally assure everyone that not only is Jorokar in town quite often, He is doing a good job as Governor.

~Sir Evan Ross,
Knight of Kallahorn,
Captain of Caelum~
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

I have just recently seen the governor taking a walk through town.
He greeted me but told me he had little time to talk and was just regenerating a bit from the tasks he put his mind to work at.

I regularly see him about so I don't see what makes you think he does not care for the town.

Faladron Furnir,

Oh and personally I don't like the governor much and he knows that,
so no ass-kissing and sucking up here.

(( I find the first post insultive towards abc's lack of RL time to waste on this game. Reading this helps: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 805#199805 ))
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

Had your chance during the election.

~Colin.
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

I liked the times when the guards were paid every month.
It seems to be a long time ago now...

The governor sells town buildings to his friends, bans innocent people from T.B. and tries to support his own knighthood as good as he can.

He is really a busy man.

~unsigned
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

He is supplying his own knighthood, since when? I haven't gotten any hand outs or new supplies. I think it just so happened that Altrix was the only person who asked for the house. If any of you think you can do a better job, run for election next time around. After all, you voted for him. And if you aren't a citizen of bane, then you are wasting your breath because something isn't run the way you want it to be in a city you don't offically belong to.

Dan
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Wasting his breath you say? Wouldn't it be ink, Sir Marescot?

Signed,
Sir Julius Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

Selling town building to his friends you say? Tell me, is the town better off having a vacant building, or the money I payed for it? I did it not to make the island a worse place, I did it to put a roof over my head, as many people wish to have. And, let me tell you, the house was not by any means cheap.

Altrix
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

You don't breathe when you write, Julius?
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

You dont know anything Mister Dan. Your supposes wont help anybody.
I know persons who wanted to buy the same house. And I know the price Altrix paid, and it is rediculous.
And I can proof that Jorokar supported his own knighthood.

~unsigned
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

You know what? Since all to many people cant accept that I own a house, and they dont, I am going to sell it back to the town, thats all there is to it, not stop the argue ment about it. And, I want to thank all of the people too focused on themselves to allow anyone else to have something that they dont, and Callith, if this is infact your house, then I apologize for buying it, even though im not sure why I am apologizing to anyone with the treatment I have recieved in the past days, even from some of my closest friends and allies.

Signed
Altrix

PS: Jorokar, just arrange a time and place and I'll get the money back
Callith

Post by Callith »

Altrix,

You have no need to apologize, it is not your fault.

Callith
bdgdkay

Post by bdgdkay »

It is good to see someone finally agrees with me on something, Thanks you Callith

Altrix
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

I also agree with the poor job the governor has done. He outlaws people for no reason, who then come in town only to be attacked by guards and the like. Seems to cause more problems than just avoiding the pointless laws. Let's not let people drink water without asking a guard first! Since when has a friendly training fight ever disturbed peace? Let's let people get injured out of town so if there is an accident they can die on the way to the hospital.

F. Conspiracy to commit a Crime
Conspiring to commit a crime is now a crime in itself under the law. Should a person be caught in the act of planning, attempting or inciting others to break the laws and regulations alone or in a group, he is subject to the exactly same punishment as he would get for doing the crime. (Treat as category I-III crime depending on the crimes)

There is proof of Jorokar breaking this one.

E. Defamation
Everyone who purposely designs and spreads wrong claims to harm someone else or to have own benefit from doing so commits crime in terms of the law. The crime is especially grave if it involves unfoundedly accusing someone in the government or guard baselessly for committing a crime (Then treat as Category III.III crime). Only citizens, guards and others in position of authority are protected against this type of crime.

So under law, the only ones that can defame you are the ones that carry swords!

E. Disobedience
Everyone who refuses to follow official orders of the Town Guard or the Government, especially refuses imprisonments, bans or other official punishments commits crime in terms of the Law. Refusing to lower your hood or remove your helmet by the order of authority is also considered as disobedience, unless a very valid reason is specified (being ugly is no valid reason, we will still love you).

If a guard asks you for 10 silvers you are going straight to jail if you don't pay up.

G. Threat and duress
Threatening a citizen or a resident with violence, or trying to force them into doing something against his will is crime against the law. Guards or other representatives of authority can never be charged for this without the approval of the High Judge. Residents are protected against threats or duress only within the walls of Trollsbane.

I'm SURE the governor hasn't broken this one. Wait, he has.

A. Spying
Spying for the benefit of other town or organization is a crime under the law. The magnitude of punishment depends on the graveness of the leaks, to which organization/town the spying has been conducted for and the duration of the spying. Always treat the case as category III.III crime until proven otherwise.

I'm sure the governors friends that were in Kallahorn were just having tea with him!

D. Treason
An individual, who alone or in a group, commits any or all of the following acts may be found guilty of treason: Inciting a rebellion. Belonging to, associating with, assisting or supporting a group which plans to overthrow the government of Trollsbane or assassinating a person belonging to or working for the government (or planning to do those individually). Anyone convicted of spying may also be punished for treason, and vice versa.

Revocation of citizenship, branding as outlaw, confiscation of property, extreme fines, a long period of hard labour or death by hanging may be given as punishments for treason, depending on the seriousness of the person’s guilt. All punishments for treason are handed personally by the Governor, or by the captain of the guard, should the governor be absent.

Can we hang you Jorokar? Please?

~Unsigned~
Llama

Post by Llama »

You have forgotten this Sir unsigned writer:

Someone has traced the parchment from the town laws

"The Governor reserves the right to overturn any judgement, punishment or release with his veto."

There is your answer to your accusations

~Me~
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

More proof of the stupidity of the people of Gobaith. Turning a blind eye to the enemies of Gobaith for the sake of making a scene and to defend a dishonest guild.

~unsigned~
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

You are all as bad as each other.

~Dominic
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

nmaguire wrote:You are all as bad as each other.

~Dominic
Well said.

Joxia
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

You included, from what I've heard.

~Dominic
Joxia Doral

to the people

Post by Joxia Doral »

My oppinion is if you are not happy with the way things are being handled, stop and think, what would you do if the decision was yours to be making and maybe make it as a suggestion rather than just moaning and groaning.
Joxia
Gishmel

Post by Gishmel »

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes