For those interested in taking part in 'invasion' plot

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sundo Raca

For those interested in taking part in 'invasion' plot

Post by Sundo Raca »

Tell me here if your interested in creating a character who takes part.

The storyline

A band of warlike people from an undiscovered eastern continent arrive on the eastern shores of gobaith, on behalf of their God/emperor, seeking new conquest. This doesnt mean they will start a war straight away, but its likely one could take place somewhere down the line. Their emperor has promised heaven for those who gain glory in his name. (think mongols)

The warparty

They are generally stocky, of medium height, with dark, copper skin, eastern facial features, with black hair. It is common for warriors to braid their hair, and let it grow out until they lose a duel, in which they cut a part off. Therefore the longer a warrior's braid the more respect they receive from their contemparies. Their culture is one of survival. Strength, rather than kindness, is respected. They have strict codes of honour inside their society, including the idea that it is deeply disrespectful to ask someone their name. You have to let them give it to you. Borrowing money or other items is also frowned upon.

Men and women are treated the same, since it is strength which is respected rather than difference of sex. They usually wear animal leathers with heavy fur coats during the winter, although richer warriors wear metal armor on occasion, to signify rank. They fight with long-range weapons, using hit and run tactics, using two swords during close-quarters.

The war party which arrives in gobaith should number around 8 with one war chief, one elder (a magic user and tactical advisor) and one camp supplier (who concentrates on setting camp and providing materials for the warrior's needs, ie: food, arrows etc). I will probably play the war chief.

POs (no more needed)

Evan Ross
Mmaguire
Alexrose (elder)
Rhianna Morgan
Kenneth Ladrus
Julius
Juniper Onyx (Crafter)
Ayla
Jeff Corwin
Kamilar

Any suggestions, questions are more than welcome.
Last edited by Sundo Raca on Sat May 31, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Noradur

Post by Noradur »

O-M-G

*needs a home connection soon to participate as NPC*
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

get one. lol

Oh yeah, forgot, if we could get a gm to help out it would be nice :)
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Sure, I'll help.
pharse

Post by pharse »

I will probably play the war chief.
;)

Is this meant as "quest" with pushed chars or a real player-lead and -achieved group?
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

pharse wrote:
I will probably play the war chief.
;)

Is this meant as "quest" with pushed chars or a real player-lead and -achieved group?
I dont actually know what a 'pushed char' is, so im going with the second option <_<
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

A pushed char is a char which is created with more skill and items than any normal starting char.

Often used in quests.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Pushed means that GMs give you higher attributes or skills when starting.

E.g, a char that started with 25 strength and 70 slashing is a pushed char :wink:

Edit: Ascius was faster :(
Last edited by nmaguire on Fri May 30, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pharse

Post by pharse »

Mostly questchars have pushed attributes and/or skills, not starting from the scratch. But therefore they have to be played ONLY for that quest and immediately disappear after it.

Anyway, count me in if you still nead players.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Ok. Well if the gms agree, then yes that would definitely improve things. Im not sure how long this plotline would end up being, but it would make sense for the chief, elder and crafter character to be 'pushed'.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I think it's best to be pushed so we don't have to pg if there's gonna be some sort of war, especially for the war chief, and if the elder's gonna have magic we really don't have time to learn it the legit way so having a pushed char there would work as well.

But if there's 8, we don't want to be OVER pushed or it'll be ridiculous.
pharse

Post by pharse »

AlexRose wrote:But if there's 8, we don't want to be OVER pushed or it'll be ridiculous.
It is called roleplay. We can also pretend to be weak if we agree, like in a meeting before a battle, that we lose.

If we get GM support we have to play damn precise as such chars are particularly watched.
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

I dont think any more than 2 or three pushed characters are needed. There shouldnt be a war immediately anyway.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I'd think with honesty that for everyone to have the most fun, you should just start from scratch, appear in peace, have some sort of 'particular trait' (tatoos on the face or something), and just go with the flow. It'll be similar to a race, instead of being a quest.

And hope you wont be using Zzyathis, or there'll be a holy war :P
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:I'd think with honesty that for everyone to have the most fun, you should just start from scratch, appear in peace, have some sort of 'particular trait' (tatoos on the face or something), and just go with the flow. It'll be similar to a race, instead of being a quest.

Between who? :P Nobody lives there!
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:I'd think with honesty that for everyone to have the most fun, you should just start from scratch, appear in peace, have some sort of 'particular trait' (tatoos on the face or something), and just go with the flow. It'll be similar to a race, instead of being a quest.

Thats what we'll do to start of, and then see how things go, lol.
Llama

Post by Llama »

nmaguire wrote:

Between who? :P Nobody lives there!
I'll beat you up with my super-smithing skills!

Umm, taliss? Szrenszor's friends?
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Take over the eldan monastery, noobs. :P
Kenneth Ladrus

Post by Kenneth Ladrus »

I'd like to help, if you need someone else.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

I could always suit up if ya want.
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Do they all have to be human? Why do they have to use an existing camp, if they are thinking of invading wouldn't it be wiser for them to start a camp, and -then- invade? Instead of attacking directly?
Most likely you will want to use an emperor, who is saying Malachin told them to.

I would also like to play, and I would -love- to be involved in the building process.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Hey!

This sounds just like an idea I proposed before, hehe! Count me in, but only if I play the 'Crafter'.

What can I say? It's what I'm good at! :D
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Juniper Onyx wrote:Hey!

This sounds just like an idea I proposed before, hehe! Count me in, but only if I play the 'Crafter'.

I vote him for crafter. :P
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

nmaguire wrote:
Juniper Onyx wrote:Hey!

I vote him for crafter. :P
Fair enough! He can be the crafter, I will continue to play my regular character.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Why don't you roleplay with the characters you already have first, before creating some artificial action?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Becaaaauuuse, invasions are fun! And you can't invade your own land. Thats just silly.

Besides, this way we have a new area IG!
pharse

Post by pharse »

And because the current situation IG is at a standstill somehow...
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

You can't invade your own land?

Since when is all of Gobaith happy harmony land? Get some ideas.

A new area ig would surely rock, if people cant even fill the ones currently there :roll:

The current situation in game is at a standstill...
who's fault is that?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

A new BACKGROUND area of Illarion. Meaning more places for people to come from! Exciting new things! Yay!
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

It might just be my mood but that was sort of a gay thing to say, Vern.

Don't start expanding before you learn how to use the current background :S