Guild Forum

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Misjbar

Guild Forum

Post by Misjbar »

Why is it a problem for the staff of Illarion if there is a guild with less then 4 members? Fine, close the topic in the guild forum if you don't want any clutter. I am entirely fine with that. But atleast let me write on the RP forum, about seeking a town to settle the Order of Cherga in.

Where is the harm in that? Why does everything in nowadays Illarion have to be so strict. You can barely post anything amusing in the off-topic forum anymore before letting it be locked or deleted by mods. You cannot have a discussion (which people can chose to stay out of), without someone locking it because it gets a tiny tiny bit heated up. Or even because other people chose to spam your thread all over, they lock it. They could also, instead of being lazy, remove the spam and let people get on with their lives.

What IS it with Illarion nowadays that made it so strict? Why is this necessary?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

It's not strict. If you want members for your order, make it in the rpg board; the rules are stickied on guild, they're damned hard to miss.

They don't lock in OT, they only lock in general when it gets out of hand, or if it's spammy they move it to OT. Okay, in circumstances it's annoying when they lock EVERY thread when you need to get something out of your system, when we all know after 76 pages the flaming will stop (a la, the magic thread a while back :P) but regardless, compared with the yellow/red dot system they're positively angels. It's not hard to follow stickied rules or avoid spamming.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

AlexRose wrote:It's not strict. If you want members for your order, make it in the rpg board; the rules are stickied on guild, they're damned hard to miss.

They don't lock in OT, they only lock in general when it gets out of hand, or if it's spammy they move it to OT. Okay, in circumstances it's annoying when they lock EVERY thread when you need to get something out of your system, when we all know after 76 pages the flaming will stop (a la, the magic thread a while back :P) but regardless, compared with the yellow/red dot system they're positively angels. It's not hard to follow stickied rules or avoid spamming.
Honey, I made it in the RP board. ARien moved it to the guild board, without ever asking me. That's why I am asking this.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I think this calls for a "Blame Arien" thread.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

Rules are made for everyone - even you.
Tell me what I asked for and everything's fine.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I just want to ask you to put my thread back into the RP forum where I created it. It doesn't fall under any "4 member"-rules there.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Now it gets ridiclious, I allready saw other people, who indeed had less than 4 people, post into the rpg forum, as long as I know this is completly fine, they can call themself guild, doesn't mean they have to be one.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

"Rosendil Manufakturen" is in the RPG Forum for ages,
this order of Cherga should be treated the same as Rosendils thread is because both:

- Do not demand for themselves to be guilds (yet?)

- Do provide opportunity to engage your character if interrested in the topic they are about (tailoring / spiritual guidance to Cherga)

- Are run by "older players" and can't be compared to some notes of the sort of "I want a mage teacher" or "I want to found a XYZ" newer players clutter the RPG board with.

- Create ambience (in my opinion). People see that there are things going on, and might get involved one way or another (even if they do as little as buying one shirt / attending one mass).

Solved by analogy.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

How can I create an order if I am not allowed to create a thread about it? How can I possibly FIND people to join my order, if I do not let anyone know I am looking. And don't tell me I can do this just fine ingame, because you know what, not a lot of people hang around ingame whom wanna follow Cherga, unless they know there are others who do too.

I posted in the RP forum with a reason, and you move it to the guild forum, which should not be allowed because I do NOT have the 4 people required.
Thane Godfrey

Post by Thane Godfrey »

You posted a single parchment/message on the RPG boards looking for followers of Cherga to unite/pray together and it got moved to Guild boards, then LOCKED because you don't have 4 members?

Lolque?
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Misjbar wrote:How can I create an order if I am not allowed to create a thread about it?
You have to find members who support you first, before you found any guild, order, group or how ever you call it.
Misjbar wrote:How can I possibly FIND people to join my order, if I do not let anyone know I am looking.
Asking IG.
Misjbar wrote:And don't tell me I can do this just fine ingame, because you know what, not a lot of people hang around ingame whom wanna follow Cherga, unless they know there are others who do too.
I do anyway. You have to ask the first persons IG. If you find noone to follow you, you just can't found such a guild. Everyone can found a guild without any members. This is exactly the reason why this member rule is in. So person do not come up with random ideas without any supporters, found guilds that disappear some time later because the founder and only member lost his interest to do anything for this guild as well.
Misjbar wrote:You can barely post anything amusing in the off-topic forum anymore before letting it be locked or deleted by mods.
Amusing and offending are two different things. I doubt there was anything that was just amusing that was ever deleted.

Nitram
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Arien Edhel wrote:Rules are made for everyone - even you.
Tell me what I asked for and everything's fine.
I honestly think, that is Misjbar is following the rules.
We made the 4 player rule for the guild board, not for the RPG board.
When I was mod of the guild board, I told players to rather post in the RPG instead of the guild board when they don't have the minimum players required to form a guild in our eyes.

Please reconsider your decission.
pharse

Post by pharse »

posting things like
"We, the Order of Cherga, are looking for new members"
despite that there is only one member, is against the rule.

But a simple post in the RP forum like
"I am a priest of Cherga and came to this isle to look for faithful followers and spread Cherga's word. Send me a dove and I'll gladly meet with you."
is actually fine.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Nitram wrote:
Misjbar wrote:How can I create an order if I am not allowed to create a thread about it?
You have to find members who support you first, before you found any guild, order, group or how ever you call it.
Misjbar wrote:How can I possibly FIND people to join my order, if I do not let anyone know I am looking.
Asking IG.
Misjbar wrote:And don't tell me I can do this just fine ingame, because you know what, not a lot of people hang around ingame whom wanna follow Cherga, unless they know there are others who do too.
I do anyway. You have to ask the first persons IG. If you find noone to follow you, you just can't found such a guild. Everyone can found a guild without any members. This is exactly the reason why this member rule is in. So person do not come up with random ideas without any supporters, found guilds that disappear some time later because the founder and only member lost his interest to do anything for this guild as well.
Misjbar wrote:You can barely post anything amusing in the off-topic forum anymore before letting it be locked or deleted by mods.
Amusing and offending are two different things. I doubt there was anything that was just amusing that was ever deleted.

Nitram
Yea, why would you want to use the forums as a tool to enhance your ingame experience? I mean, thats just stupid...right?
Keunthus

Post by Keunthus »

I agree with the majority, as long as it's done in the way pharse suggested, I do not see the problem.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

So you are still sticking to this Arien? Even though I posted in the RP forum?
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

There's nothing to add to my PM.
Tell me what I've asked for and we'll see further.
El_Katora

Post by El_Katora »

Just find my character ig ;)
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

LOL

Round one to the gestapo.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

they're not ge, and the charges are valid.

It's all in how Misj worded the thing.
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Dammit, I thought I was ge.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Erm ...
This thread is:

UbarLolQueArienPhael'd.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Why isn't this closed yet, people are getting lax around here