Balancing: Multicrafter/alleskönner

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

what of those 'multicrafters' who pick 3 skills and do nothing else?

A great point was raised what of the fighters who have other skills as well? If someone is a fighter they have atleast 4 basic skills to work on(dodge parry tactics and whatever weapon style they use) and then another skill as well. Thats atleast 5 skills just for a fighter if they also practice a craft, whats wrong with a crafter using 3?

and yes there are LOTS of fighters who also practice crafts, my character can't fight(3 constitution 3 willpower) I didn't want to be a fighter and when I do fight its mostly wrestling another player just for fun. I am a tailor and I smith tools and weapons and make the handles for them. No I don't stockpile cash just to stockpile cash, most of my money is spent purchasing iron, coal, dye materials, and woods.

The multicrafters you're complaining about aren't ruining the economy, the economy of the game is just set up badly. Its based on what fighters need and if you can make what they need you can make money, pushing everyone to become a smith to make weapons and armors.

You asked what a tailor or cook would think of someone practicing just a bit of thier craft and making them useless, well as tailors hardly sell anything at all I don't really care, its the reason I smith and do wood work...

I'll admit I'm good at lumberjacking, I'm an ok miner, I've tried pretty much every skill in game I could, but I rarely mine or lumberjack any more as lumberjacking and mining are mostly ways for new players to get money to establish themselves for whatever future crafts they want to try. As a person plays this game they learn more and more about it and they're going to try alot of different things. Thats 1 of the great things about this game a person can try anything they want...
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I will later come back to Athian, so fornow its simply thisthing I answe
ThisGuy wrote:
A great point was raised what of the fighters who have other skills as well? If someone is a fighter they have atleast 4 basic skills to work on(dodge parry tactics and whatever weapon style they use) and then another skill as well. Thats atleast 5 skills just for a fighter if they also practice a craft, whats wrong with a crafter using 3?
Honestly, this is a "bullshit" argument, simply because a figther needs those skill to do "his" craft and a smith or anyone else simply has a simplified one skill, if it bothers you so much why not divide smithing, lets see "ore refining,"smithing of weapons" "smithing of tools" "smithing of armors" "smithing of helmets", "smithing of protecti leg gear" "smithing of
shoes", "smithing of various items" well now we got 8 skills, how about that hmm?
ThisGuy wrote: and yes there are LOTS of fighters who also practice crafts, my character can't fight(3 constitution 3 willpower) I didn't want to be a fighter and when I do fight its mostly wrestling another player just for fun.
The problem behind this and aswell as with mage chars is simple, being a "newbie" figther and even a medium figther doesn't shed enough money to cover the things you use up while figthing, if someone would play a mage simply with casting he would have to eat tousand of apples tokeep himself alive and cast sensless around untill he reaches high enough skill to even attack and hurt monster, not to forget that mage gear is one of the expensievst things ig and that the figthing system is far from being good or balanced.
ThisGuy wrote: I am a tailor and I smith tools and weapons and make the handles for them. No I don't stockpile cash just to stockpile cash, most of my money is spent purchasing iron, coal, dye materials, and woods.
Hmm strange, I never see someone buying this ig nor on the trading board
ThisGuy wrote: The multicrafters you're complaining about aren't ruining the economy, the economy of the game is just set up badly. Its based on what fighters need and if you can make what they need you can make money, pushing everyone to become a smith to make weapons and armors.
Simply wrong, the economy is set up in a way that every craft needs to use other crafters to finish his craft, that is a good way, the problem is that people like you do all their work on their own, thusleaving other crafters nothing to do and the system long moved away from figthers only demand, we got bulding projekts and npcs so don't tell me the economy is based on figthers, or do you want crafters to loose their tools and overall equipment over time aswell, well thiswould certaintly be funny.
ThisGuy wrote: You asked what a tailor or cook would think of someone practicing just a bit of thier craft and making them useless, well as tailors hardly sell anything at all I don't really care, its the reason I smith and do wood work...
Another problem, "you don't care" this is why something like this "must" be placed inside the game, because noone cares about others and simplydoes everything on their own, atleast I think other crafters want a slice from the pie aswell, so why destroying there rp, simply because "you don't care"?
ThisGuy wrote: I'll admit I'm good at lumberjacking, I'm an ok miner, I've tried pretty much every skill in game I could, but I rarely mine or lumberjack any more as lumberjacking and mining are mostly ways for new players to get money to establish themselves for whatever future crafts they want to try. As a person plays this game they learn more and more about it and they're going to try alot of different things. Thats 1 of the great things about this game a person can try anything they want...
Slowly I'm really annoyed by this "i can do everything I want" thing, yes you still could do anything, but simply not everything at the same time, you want to try smithing,allright here you go do a few skillpoints, oh don't like it, well do this craft... and soon, there would be no boundary of doing so and in the end someone whojsut "tried out" a craft won't be learning that much slwower than other people who stick on one craft alone.
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

Pellandria wrote:Honestly, this is a "bullshit" argument, simply because a figther needs those skill to do "his" craft and a smith or anyone else simply has a simplified one skill, if it bothers you so much why not divide smithing, lets see "ore refining,"smithing of weapons" "smithing of tools" "smithing of armors" "smithing of helmets", "smithing of protecti leg gear" "smithing of
shoes", "smithing of various items" well now we got 8 skills, how about that hmm?
I think most smiths do that themselves...as I said I smith tools and weapons, I'll rarely be seen smithing armor
Pellandria wrote:The problem behind this and aswell as with mage chars is simple, being a "newbie" figther and even a medium figther doesn't shed enough money to cover the things you use up while figthing, if someone would play a mage simply with casting he would have to eat tousand of apples tokeep himself alive and cast sensless around untill he reaches high enough skill to even attack and hurt monster, not to forget that mage gear is one of the expensievst things ig and that the figthing system is far from being good or balanced.
In other words you're saying its ok to practice multiple crafts as long as some of them are fighting? not every one wants to live a violent life, not even in a game there are those of us that prefer not to go around murdering everything they see that isn't another player
Pellandria wrote:Hmm strange, I never see someone buying this ig nor on the trading board
you're not Zelphia you don't see everything :D

stick around town you'll see lots of people buying and selling lots of things...
Pellandria wrote:Simply wrong, the economy is set up in a way that every craft needs to use other crafters to finish his craft, that is a good way, the problem is that people like you do all their work on their own, thusleaving other crafters nothing to do and the system long moved away from figthers only demand, we got bulding projekts and npcs so don't tell me the economy is based on figthers, or do you want crafters to loose their tools and overall equipment over time aswell, well thiswould certaintly be funny.
you want the system set up that way, but it just isn't. Tailors are never needed by other crafts unless someone needs dye, and you're just as likely to get that from a farmer as you are from a tailor.

and all equipment even tools break with use, you'd be suprised how often I make replacement tools...
Pellandria wrote:Another problem, "you don't care" this is why something like this "must" be placed inside the game, because noone cares about others and simplydoes everything on their own, atleast I think other crafters want a slice from the pie aswell, so why destroying there rp, simply because "you don't care"?
there are way too many things with this game that need to be fixed that something as simple as taking someone's choices away isn't something I care about seeing.

I sell bags every so often, sometimes I sell clothes very rarely as most people are wearing armor all the time(hard to even give clothes away sometimes) but if someone else wants to come along and learn how to tailor, and I see them trying to learn I'm going to give them advice on dying cloth, explain to them how dye is made, make sure they have the proper tools they need, and if they decide tailoring isn't for them its not like I just told some noob to piss off
Pellandria wrote:Slowly I'm really annoyed by this "i can do everything I want" thing, yes you still could do anything, but simply not everything at the same time, you want to try smithing,allright here you go do a few skillpoints, oh don't like it, well do this craft... and soon, there would be no boundary of doing so and in the end someone whojsut "tried out" a craft won't be learning that much slwower than other people who stick on one craft alone.
and what of those who want to practice 2 or even 3 crafts? should someone who wants to fight with slashing weapons as well as stabbing weapons have to work twice as hard at thier 2nd weapon choice? not everyone is about violence, this game is about RP and RP isn't about going arund killing everything...
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

ThisGuy wrote:
Pellandria wrote:Honestly, this is a "bullshit" argument, simply because a figther needs those skill to do "his" craft and a smith or anyone else simply has a simplified one skill, if it bothers you so much why not divide smithing, lets see "ore refining,"smithing of weapons" "smithing of tools" "smithing of armors" "smithing of helmets", "smithing of protecti leg gear" "smithing of
I think most smiths do that themselves...as I said I smith tools and weapons, I'll rarely be seen smithing armor
good to know that you TOTALLY miss the points of every argument, your argument was complaining about figthers having 4 skills and I said crafters need only one skill to be effectiv, please next time read mroe carefull.

ThisGuy wrote:In other words you're saying its ok to practice multiple crafts as long as some of them are fighting? not every one wants to live a violent life, not even in a game there are those of us that prefer not to go around murdering everything they see that isn't another player
No wrong, I said its allright for figthers and mages to have a craft as long as the figthing and dropping system is so completly flawed thatone crafter makes much more money while he crafts than a figther who fights and at the same time the crafter has only to replace what 30 copper tools not several silvers worth of armor and weapons, the point is that crafters allready HAVE the most money, only a few warriors and or mages who allready have the best skills can take on the monster who are stronger and then normally only in 3 or 4 groups.

A short resumee what I wrote before you turn my words again: A figther who crafts aswell is perfectly fine aslong as it is just one craft, a crafter who does like 3 or 4 crafts is NOT perfect.
ThisGuy wrote: stick around town you'll see lots of people buying and selling lots of things...
Strange enough..I 'm sticking quiete often around towns, just strolling trougth orstanding around depots and I never see anyone buy ressources at the same timeI allreadygotreplys in this trheadaswell as pm's where people tellme that they can't sell what they craft nor ressources and excuse me that I rather thrust someone like my own observations as well as other players who pay longer than a few months.
ThisGuy wrote:you want the system set up that way, but it just isn't. Tailors are never needed by other crafts unless someone needs dye, and you're just as likely to get that from a farmer as you are from a tailor.

and all equipment even tools break with use, you'd be suprised how often I make replacement tools...
I don't want to be the system to be set up this way, the system IS setup this way, aslong as I know carpenters and smiths need dye and as these two are the main crafts on theisland thedemand for dye should be quiete big, if those people wouldn't make the dye all for themself.

I must be the only one where nothing breaks, I'm using the same tools since years and I allready brought a extremly bad scythe and flail from an npc and still use it and its still working after a good year.
ThisGuy wrote:there are way too many things with this game that need to be fixed that something as simple as taking someone's choices away isn't something I care about seeing.
Why, because you don't want to stayin your role..or because youliketo destroyotherpeoplesrp... strange that you talk about rp while in the same breath youadmit to have several crafts, you got any rp explanation to why you have somany crafts?
And fixing the current system or atleast talking about ways toimprove it is still better than just takeit asitis.
ThisGuy wrote: I sell bags every so often, sometimes I sell clothes very rarely as most people are wearing armor all the time(hard to even give clothes away sometimes) but if someone else wants to come along and learn how to tailor, and I see them trying to learn I'm going to give them advice on dying cloth, explain to them how dye is made, make sure they have the proper tools they need, and if they decide tailoring isn't for them its not like I just told some noob to piss off
I'm curious whydoyou bring that up..you smith and sell clothes at the same time and the system isn't even meant to piss noobs off, heck I give money and stuff away to newbs who need them or help them for almost nothing as well so what, do you think this makes me a better player of some sort, I don't think so.
ThisGuy wrote:and what of those who want to practice 2 or even 3 crafts? should someone who wants to fight with slashing weapons as well as stabbing weapons have to work twice as hard at thier 2nd weapon choice? not everyone is about violence, this game is about RP and RP isn't about going arund killing everything...
It shows that you have no idea how figthing works, maybe you should try to make a fighting char.
I think there is almostnoone who even changes his weapons that often, I seepeopleattack sceletoons with swords all the time even if stabs clubs and other thignswould be more effectiv and clubing someone with a staff or slithing someone up with a sword or dagger isn't even that much of an differenc, but saiyng that smithing(normally brute strength) is the same as tailoring(much more precie work) or even working as a carpenter, well this one should start toget his logic central working.

Well after it seems that you are so sure that everything is just fine, why don't you go ahead and create a figther char, you can also cook and farm if you want, but nothing else only figthing and cooking and then try to live on it, after that you can come back and tell me about your gained experiences.
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

Pellandria wrote:good to know that you TOTALLY miss the points of every argument, your argument was complaining about figthers having 4 skills and I said crafters need only one skill to be effectiv, please next time read mroe carefull.
I wasn't making any complaints, I don't care how many skills someone uses its thier choice...it was your complaint I simply pointed out most fighters use more skills than the average craftsman on any given day.
Pellandria wrote:A short resumee what I wrote before you turn my words again: A figther who crafts aswell is perfectly fine aslong as it is just one craft, a crafter who does like 3 or 4 crafts is NOT perfect.
even if the fighter only takes 1 craft the person who prefers to stay in towns and not go off killing everything is being left out, again not everyone likes to go off commiting genocide on mummies skeletons and whatever else...
Pellandria wrote:Strange enough..I 'm sticking quiete often around towns, just strolling trougth orstanding around depots and I never see anyone buy ressources at the same timeI allreadygotreplys in this trheadaswell as pm's where people tellme that they can't sell what they craft nor ressources and excuse me that I rather thrust someone like my own observations as well as other players who pay longer than a few months.
most things that are crafted are usually tossed into a depot and never seen again(that goes for everyone even me)

resources are sold all the time, you know anyone selling coal, iron ore, or dye materials who can't find a buyer tell them to look near the workshop in trollsbane for a lizard named Ichus(I'm actually good on wood right now just bought quite a bit)
Pellandria wrote:I don't want to be the system to be set up this way, the system IS setup this way, aslong as I know carpenters and smiths need dye and as these two are the main crafts on theisland thedemand for dye should be quiete big, if those people wouldn't make the dye all for themself.
carpenters and smiths can CHOOSE to use dye, they don't need it, there are very few armors that need dye and none of them are that great, wands need dye so if a carpenter chooses to make wands then he'll need dyes, but how often does a carpenter sell a wand?
Pellandria wrote:I must be the only one where nothing breaks, I'm using the same tools since years and I allready brought a extremly bad scythe and flail from an npc and still use it and its still working after a good year.
ok you're lucky...I break tools all the time its why I learned to make my own
Pellandria wrote:Why, because you don't want to stayin your role..or because youliketo destroyotherpeoplesrp... strange that you talk about rp while in the same breath youadmit to have several crafts, you got any rp explanation to why you have somany crafts?
And fixing the current system or atleast talking about ways toimprove it is still better than just takeit asitis.
what is my role? didn't know it was your choice as to what my role was...and yes I have a great RP reason for knowing the things I know, my character story:
The 3rd son of the Zmorl family, Ichus was left behind often when his father took his brothers out to train them to hunt and fight. Staying at home with his mother he soon took an interest in the things his mother did such as cooking and sewing. His interest soon moved beyond his mother's daily tasks as he explored the town and watched the different craftsmen at work. Always eager and learning any skill he could, he soon knew the basics of most crafts. Azanna, his mother, was alway proud to see her son learning. She raised him with very few rules giving him free time to search and explore all areas of thought. As he grew older he took odd jobs from the different craftsmen of the town; gathering resources, fetching tools, deliveries, and even crafting some wares. His father died before teaching him to hunt or fight, but he learned many other things and has his 2 older brothers who reluctantly watch out for him.
is that a good enough reason for you? whats your reason for being a great mage and a great fighter and also practicing several other crafts(gem cuttiing, mining, and cooking I remember you mentioning)
Pellandria wrote:It shows that you have no idea how figthing works, maybe you should try to make a fighting char.
I actually have 2 fighter chars, I seldomly play them because they're mostly just part of my main character's background
Pellandria wrote:I think there is almostnoone who even changes his weapons that often, I seepeopleattack sceletoons with swords all the time even if stabs clubs and other thignswould be more effectiv and clubing someone with a staff or slithing someone up with a sword or dagger isn't even that much of an differenc, but saiyng that smithing(normally brute strength) is the same as tailoring(much more precie work) or even working as a carpenter, well this one should start toget his logic central working.
doesn't matter how often someone changes thier weapons, if they decide they want to use a 2nd weapon should it be twice as hard to learn? thats the proposal you recomended for crafting...

and are you asking about my stats?

Code: Select all

agility 10 
constitution 4 
dexterity 19 
essence 2 
intelligence 17 
perception 10 
strength 19 
willpower 3 
smart enough to soak up any knowledge he wants like a sponge, strong and dextrous enough to actually do the work...

you play your character the way you want, how does the way someone else play thiers in any way affect you(especially if this is a character you don't even know)?
pharse

Post by pharse »

I really wonder if any dev reads through all that text, as it was stated earlier that big parts of this proposal are just impossible.

Something should be done against those "multicrafters", but not this way.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

May I rephrase? Something should be done in favour of single-crafters ;-). I once made a positive suggestion about "blueprints" one has to buy before being able to craft an item, one could restrict purchasing some of these blueprints to members of certain guilds (as in "Zunft"), with one being only member of one guild. This encourages one to decide for one craft in the long run, but leaves almost all freedoms. I am not re-suggesting this for it was declined (too much work, limited benefit), but maybe you get the idea of what I call a more positive approach.

Anyway, I'd like to add something general about proposals. The majority of the recent proposals are either written for the sake for writing something, but without focussing on the gained benefit for the game or incomplete basic thoughts. One important criterium for judging a proposal is the ratio "effort/benefit". Suggestions that include a client change, server change and a bunch of scripts only to have e.g. pineapple trees in the game. Pellandria's proposal is an exception from this, it is a valid (yet not new) approach with a consideration of benefits. Still, it is a hell lot of work, work that could be spend for much more important and simple things.
Gregory Hardcast

Post by Gregory Hardcast »

The way i see it.. if a character is going to become a supreme crafter in multiple skills.. that is going to take a HELL of a lot of time and energy. If they can manage it, then more power to them, just like in real life if someone can manage several jobs.

The reason why someone focuses on a single craft should be that they dont have the time or energy to do the other stuff. Not that they have some freakish, unrealistic 'skill cap' thingy.
pharse

Post by pharse »

That's not exactly the point. If one manages to master several skills, then this player deserves it.

But it's more about those e.g. cooks who can barely carpenter, but it is enough to make plates and soup bowls.

That's no benefit for the economy.
Gregory Hardcast

Does anyone actually care about the economy?

I mean, my character is never going to cook or smith for himself. Ever.

So im not biast when i say just let these people do what they want.
pharse

Post by pharse »

Gregory Hardcast wrote:Does anyone actually care about the economy?
Obviously the staff.
Gregory Hardcast

What actual impact does it have on the game and our ability to rp?
pharse

Post by pharse »

A crafter crafts items which he merely can't sell, because everyone makes them on their own. Quite funny. Especially because mostly unskilled (newbies?!) crafters are affected.
Gregory Hardcast

This clearly isnt the case though. From what ive experienced, most people are buying from crafters. There are relatively few 'jack of all trades characters'.

Sorry, but i think this issue is being made out to be bigger than it really is.
pharse

Post by pharse »

From what ive experienced
So no overall fact, isn't it?
Olive

Post by Olive »

#me calls for a time out,

okay some of the exchanges lookedlike they were going in circular manner so let me give you my opinion from a newer player that is slightly more outside looking in.

as it stands i think that new charatcers SHOULD have a somewhat hard time gettign established into a craft. This is not just expected but actually DESIRED as skileld trades were taught thru years of apprenticeships. you didn't goto school to learn to smith for instace, a master smith selected you from a pool of candidates and you spent a long time doing his grunt work and pickign up tidbits until the smith was ready to actually show you the more difficult stuff. THis is exactly how the skilled trades werehanlded in the past before established public schooling.

NOw, let me us Olive as an example here.

Olive runs into town fresh from her farm and finds mostpeople ignoring her, ookay that makes sense she is just a nameless face, so she walks around and tries to talk to people who dont look too busy and finally somebody stop to chat with her, they converse and soon Olive finds that she is learnign to farm onions with her benefactor. A daylater and as she is coign back from onion farming she runs into an orc that suggests she tries logging, and olive finds that logging actually suits her and begins to collecta pileof logs. Withthese logs in her depot Olive realizes she shoudl sell them or make somethign from them and after quite a bitoflookign finds a pair of skilled carpenters to show herthebasics and get her pointed, even suppling her with crude tools. A few days later a smith notices her immesne wood loads and offers to trade some better tools for som of her boards and wham.. Olive has good friends in several powerful trades and can now earliy barter for what she needs.

#me notices i went slightly off track here. hmmmm

well, havign a character that is skille at everthign really is well... not just selfish, but unrealistic, you cant become a master at any craft and expectto have ANY time for other tasks. a master smith doesn't go building his own handles, they are purchased or traded for and then attached.. but, i do have to say that i HAVE witnessed a certainsmith in fact buying a significant amountof reosurces, not justthe purchase of 250 conifer boards from Olive, but coal, iron and such form a travelign merchant..

argh let me try to sum this up before my brain explodes

i think maybe that if you reach mastery in a skill you shoudl have a plateau that no other skill can then cross. lets say to have lvl 100 in x, then skill y cant be morethan say 80, and skill z 60.. or somethign similar. this might only apply to a single skil category, and oudl also keep fighters from being gods with any weapon and force them to train with a favorite. IIRC errol flynn used a single weapon in all of his swashbuckling stories, he didn't go around switchig out weapons as he felt like it.

okay ill shut up now before i blather on
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

As someone who commonly plays "Multicrafter" Characters, I can say that even "Powergaming Multicrafters" (Not that I know any :roll: ) would never have the sheer time it takes to practice every craft!

The amount of time it takes to mine materials, craft items, earn some money, get interupted with RP on occasion, mine more materials, etc......Is a HUGE amount of time!!!

Your average fighter will have yellow skills by the time any crafter get green in 3 or more skills with the same time devoted. Trust me.

The other thibg you forget is that the craft skills are "Progressively" Harder to skillup. I've noticed the skill levels advance 'exponentially', meaning that the time and effort it takes to go from Blue to Green, is a drop in the bucket compared to going from Green to Yellow. I think the sheer 'effort' and time it takes pretty much keeps people from mastering more than 2 crafts in a 'reasonable' time (6 RL months?). Some characters have been on for years, so I don't begrudge anyone the 'rewards' of that kind of 'time' investment.

My current character Chester has discovered that in order to mine and make the items 'needed' by his guild, he actually has to buy things from others, even though he 'could' make them himself. Chester buys "Rabbit Dishes", "Ores", "wood" etc. on a regular basis!

These things cost quite a bit, but I am "Leveraging" my time. The less time I have to spend Growing crops, making plates, cooking dishes.....the more time I can spend in the mines or making tools. The Cost-Benefit of doing "Everything" myself just doesn't make sense. Why woul;d I want to waste so much time, when I have so little of it. We all have Real Lives you know.

I think all true "Multicrafters" eventually do this to focus more on what is truly important at the time. In a sense, they contribute more to the economy than single "Craftsmen". A MultiCrafter is not limited to who or how much he buys from others. Multicrafters are also the 'only' people able to truly build and create in game. Exception: Garon Goldhand - but I don't know if he is a multicrafter or not. If you plan to build something, either you need "Several" single crafters, each devoted to supply what you need, or one good multicrafter. The way players come and go...the second choice is more dependable.

I have had more fun playing this kind of character than I ever had in any "RPG", "Fighting" or "Warfare" gaming. I am addicted to "Crafting" and Building. I don't think we should limit what people can do. Illarion is better than that.

What we need are more "Positive" aspects to this game that will not only attract, but keep great players (Like me! :lol: )

A few ideas:
An IG Auction Service - where anyone could put items up for bid by any and all. (Like FFXI)

Blueprints from 'Specific' NPC's or Guilds for "Special" Items (Like Zanth or Entropia)

Mercenaries - NPC Footsoldiers who follow their 'master' like cows and help during combat. We already have summoned creatures, why not mercenaries a Warrior or even a Tradesman could hire?

Peasants - NPC farmers, Lumberjacks or even Miners who work slowly gathering materials while you watch them (Only work while you are line of sight, and slower than players). They could otherwise follow you like cows and could be killed by others.

IG Herald Service - Players could pay an NPC Herald to send messages to other characters IG, no matter where they are. The GM's already do this, why not an NPC?

Let's think positive, and not restrict people further. I think the systems in place work fine. The intent is to be fun, not boring.
Gregory Hardcast

pharse wrote:
From what ive experienced
So no overall fact, isn't it?
Everything here is opinion. As far as i can see.
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

I like the blue print idea. It should only be used for race armor though I think.

Like only the orc know how to make their crazy orcish helmets dwarfs with their dwarven platemail. Stuff like that. Nothing too power crazy where It end up being one character that can make some kind of special plate. Doing this just make the game unfun because it give that character too much power because he can choose the guild he wants to armor and wow they start ruling the whole island.

of course if we do blueprints we should do deconstruction where if you are smart enough and break apart enough armors you will learn how to make that armor.

Not a whole lot a thought has been made in my post but I like the loose ideas.

*****edit*******

hell if you really want to get into I think smith should only be allow to make raw suit of armor then get the measurements of a persons body they are making it for, then resmith it to that person body type.... or make at least 3 different size for armor small human and oger sized :P
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

(( sorry, I am too tired to write in english today ))

Prinzipiell guter Vorschlag, Pellandria.

Allerdings sollten alle Skills einbezogen werden (auch Kampf, Zaubern, etc.). Ein Meister aller Waffengattungen ist meiner Meinung nach genauso zu sehen, wie ein Meister in mehreren Handwerken. Genauso ein Zauberer, der alle Gebiete perfekt beherrscht.

Ein Nachteil von dem Ganzen ist natürlich, dass der Rollenspielfokus verloren geht (gehen könnte ;-)) und noch mehr auf die Skills geachtet wird.

Ein grosser Vorteil meiner Meinung ist, dass wieder Abhängigkeiten zwischen den Charakteren entstehen, dass es wieder einen Grund gibt, einen Schreiner, Koch, einen Heiler, oder was auch immer zu spielen.

Ein vielfach bemängelter Kritikpunkt, dass ein Schmied warten muss, weil keine Griffe vorhanden sind, etc. ist meiner Meinung nach völliger Blödsinn. Es ist doch ganz normal, dass nicht immer alle Teile/Dinge unbegrenzt verfügbar sind. Ein kluger vorausschauender Handwerker hat immer genügend Griffe, Steine, etc. auf Lager und kann damit Zeiten mit geringem Angebot überbrücken. Wenn's halt grad keine Farbe gibt, dann mach ich als Schmied eine einfachere Rüstung, die keine Farbe benötigt. Aber wenn sich jeder Schmied die Farbe selber macht, braucht sich keiner der Multicrafter-Spieler wundern, dass auch keine Farbe angeboten wird.

PO Rosendil