Building bridges.

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Konrad Knox

Building bridges.

Post by Konrad Knox »

Greetings, citizens, Fooser, Lorean.

As I promised, I have returned with a few engineering suggestions.
My first one is quite simple. The south eastern part of the city outskirts is currently suffering from a traffic bottleneck that forces citizens to go around the western wall of the city to cross the river, or to step all the way to the mud swamps.

I have the materials necessary, and would like to get this bridge approved, as well as an extension to the road, to connect with already existing eastern path. The road on the sketch is marked bright green on the map, and detailed design of the bridge is drawn on the larger sketch.

Please, critique and approve this design. From the heart and soul of all rangers and adventurers, I beg you to build this bridge.

Thank you, Konrad.

*attached is a sketch*

Fooser

Post by Fooser »

This is a worthy idea.

F
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Since the governor approved it, I now urge the adventurers, travellers, all fellow citizens to speak words of approval or critique. Please, express your pros and cons so Lorean can approve this.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

This small fruittreegrove is used by weary travelers and those who seek a quiet place without traveling too far from the city, building a brigde there will destroy the peace of this land, I might not be a citizen, but still I don't think that destroying one of the more quiet places around the town is worth it, just because a few people are to lazy to walk a few steps more.

~Pellandria~
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

An great idea!

Why it was not mine? I should give you a job as my assistant

In following i made a simple plan, which shows the possibilities by this. A new town quarter outside of the wall. Maybe a special district for gambling, shows, theather and - my prefer a bathhouse.

Or maybe a new simple boring area for more flats...

~Your Lorian MacGintish,
Builder of nearly everything~
Odin Halgrimson

Post by Odin Halgrimson »

I can really not see the point in building a bridge there... It will not make the road to the Graveyard any shorter, neither will it be a shortcut to the southern forest. I like MacGintish's idea though.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

I support Lorian's Idea for a new 'quarter' near trollsbane with a new Bridge.

I will donate 50 silvers and 1000 bricks toward construction of the road and bridge on behalf of Goldburg. When the 'Glassworks Theater' is completed (this week I hope!), a Tavern, 'Bardic' circle, Bath-house or even some gambling houses would be a great addition to this 'Quarter' of the city. Perhaps later, trollsbane may consider expanding it's walls?

It could even become a "Red Lantern" district! A place of nightlife, entertainment and fun!

An exciting idea!
~Chester Copperpot
Amadi Yusuf Randal

Post by Amadi Yusuf Randal »

I love the idea!
I dont have resurces to donate. But I could offer the menpower of a few recruits.

A.Y.R.
Captain Townguard
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

The town treasury has large sums of silver, and I have some personal building materials if they are needed.

F
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Lorian, I am with you at once!
Starting with roads and ending with buildings!
What is the estimated cost? Please report and I will meet with you to get the resources together.

To all the people who oppose, here are my counter arguments:

People who use this grove as a quiet place for private rest can still rest there, and occasional travellers will not hurt them. If you refer to actual acts of sex in the wild, there are plenty of other places more private than two steps away from the city.

To Odin: this road is not meant to be a shortcut to the graveyard, but to the land south of it. There is currently no way to cross straight south without walking through swamps. But even just the road itself will help travellers help to the graveyard faster, because walking through fields slows a packed loaded warrior quite a bit.

I like Lorian's plan better than my own. Please, give the cost, and I am sure that myself, Fooser and Goldburg - between us three will be able to construct this plan! I also offer all my physical help. I'm a little skilled in construction, but i can chop trees, smith and repair tools, smelt materials, lift objects and carry things around.

Honestly, I would love to help and assist in being an engineer or a builder. Improving streets is my passion, so as long as you lay out simple building rules, I will be happy to aid.

Konrad.
Odin Halgrimson

Post by Odin Halgrimson »

Are we not speaking of walking perhaps... 20 meters more to reach your destination without the bridge? Well, I don't really have a problem about building it, so please go ahead, but I can't see the need. I really like MacGinitsh idea, but has Bane got the population to fill this new area?
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

With the recent intake of new citizens, i think we can fill the space and expand.
I am collecting stone to start building a road down, once the road is made, it will ease the builders' access to create the actual buildings.
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Since my plans of building a own estate are over at the moment I got quite huge amounts of building material available.

I'd like to meet with some official of town to discuss this.

signed,
Ascius
Silent

Post by Silent »

And so the nature shall be driven back, and where there is grass and trees abloom shall be house walls and cold stones of the pavement. 'Tis sad.

- Unsigned.
Jeff Corwin

Post by Jeff Corwin »

I am willing to help with anything you need done. I do not have any matireals to donate though.

-Andrew Xavier, Highpriest of Goldburg
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Let's wait till Lorian comes back with a price. We'll meet up with Fooser, Chester, and Ascius, and see what we have between us. You can easily find me in town, I'm the guy with crazy facial paint.
Konrad.
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Citizens of Trolls Bane, Governor....

Here is the pricelist for the new path and the bridge cross the Troll's Vein.

Code: Select all

2500 cutted stones
400  boards of firtree
100  pins & cutters
20   hammer
20   shovels
1    golden coin

If you have collected all stuff, contact me, so that we can find a date for the building process.

~Lorian MacGintish~
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

~A Dwarf re-writes the list, and then examines his depot~
Lennier wrote: 2500 Stone Blocks
400 Conifer Boards
100 Pins & cotters
20 Hammers
20 Shovels
100 Silvers
~Lorian MacGintish~
Konrad,

We should have that meeting soon and discuss this, as well as what can be developed around this new road. You'll probably need the Governor to attend too for 'official' input and consent.

~Chester
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Aye. Thank you Lorian for the breakdown of the materials!
I think we can pull this up quite swiftly.

Chester, Governor Jorokar, please propose a meeting time.

I don't know if Fooser returned the treasury funds to the city treasury yet, but the town should have enough silver to build this.
I can easily gather the tools and the conifer boards. I already have half of them in stock.

Can the dwarves support with the stone?

Konrad.
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Aye, no problem. However, I would like to discuss more about what the road will be used for, who and what will be built next to it, and how this will benefit Trollsbane.

~Chester
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Got to get together with Jorokar. Though I have time for you any time. Just say when it's convenient. Best for me is on ((saturdays))
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I'll try to make myself available as much as I can.

~ Sir Jorokar

(( I'm not sure if I'm able to on Saturday, but if not, I doubt I could during this weekend. Sorry, exams. ))
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Sir Jorokar, who currently holds the treasury silvers? You or Fooser still?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Myself.

~ Sir Jorokar
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

{~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^/|\^^^^^^~~~~~~~~~}
~THE LIST OF PROJECT CONTRIBUTORS~

Indril Linwelin - Carpentry - 400 Wooden Boards, Handles, 140 Cotters
Lythios - Mining - 500 Stone Blocks
Faladron Furnir - Mining - 1000 Stone Blocks
Chester Copperpot - Mining - 1000 Stone Blocks
Konrad Knox - Smithing - 20 Hammers, 140 Pins, 20 Shovels
Behemoth - Smithing - 100 pins

PROJECT COMPLETE

<{~~~~~~>

Great thanks comes to these individuals, without them the new road would not be possible!
Governor Jorokar, if any of these individuals ask to be compensated for their contribution, this list certifies their legitimacy.
Last edited by Konrad Knox on Wed May 28, 2008 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Troll's Bane approves the construction of the streets as well as the bridge and
will pay the money required.

~ Sir Jorokar
Governor of Troll's Bane.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

I will throw in a thousand stoneblocks for good meassure.

Faladron Furnir
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Faladron donated 1000 stone to the project
Malkar

Post by Malkar »

A young man walks by the boards, raising his brows as he looks over the pinned up messages. He takes out a quill and begins to write.

Why did you see a need to announce the donation after he already said he was donating right before? That makes you look more dumb and stupid then you are, which of course, by your actions and messages isn't a great thing either.

Attention, perhaps?

The man pockets the quill, keeping both of his hands in his pockets, walking off with a loud chuckle escaping him.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

You, unsigned writer, do not know how to conduct buisiness.

My note stated that I wish to add to the project.
Every airhead could have done the same, without ever handing over the items promised.

Konrads note states that the items were infact handed over, and the list was updated accordingly so other people who are interrested in actually helping, which you and your writings clearly are not, do not gather the same materials a second or third time.

This, dear writer, is called confirmation of receipt.

Now after this little lecture in buisiness affairs, you should keep clean of this parchment, however if you wish to ridicule yourself further, feel free to throw some insults that make no sense whatsover at me aswell.

Faladron Furnir,
who believes he is sometimes too nice
to people hiding their stupidity in namelessness