A Guide to Roleplaying

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Here's some information on #me's. Thanks Karl

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=23936
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

uhh! manno!

make me tired to read all in english. Is this thread also in German somewhre?

greetings
Moirear Sian

Post by Moirear Sian »

I'm afraid not (yet).

It would be a great project to tackle, though!
Vivienne

Post by Vivienne »

:oops: sorry
Last edited by Vivienne on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Vivienne wrote:Vielen Dank dem edlen Bauern MAGNUS, hat Spass gemacht! :D
Umm.. this is the wrong place for that..
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

http://illarion.org/community/wiki/inde ... ying_Guide

We have this guide, there is also some content (now labelled "Hints") that was not merged into the guide. And we have this very nice guide here. I see two options: Create one big guide or, IMHO the better option, leave the original guide like it is and turn this guide into a collection of Illa-specific hints and guidelines. Call it "Advanced Illarion Roleplaying Guide" or the like.

Any volunteers?
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

We seriously need someone to explain newbs how to deal with clouding and wounds of their chars, might there be a place for a small npc on noobia to really explain how to give informations about the chars condition?
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Clouding message:
" You just have died a slow and painfull death, you are a failure, a loser, you are a reject of the society, you have no friends and your family sees you as a retard. Cut your veins and get it over with!! ... or you can go visit a cross and get ressurected. Have a nice day "

:lol:
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

You misunderstand Estralis, most noobs jsut love to play "wounded", but they have no idea how to do it, its a pain in the ass to play some kind of medico rp, when some noobs stands around and doesn't know how to play it, would be better, if you just include an npc in noobia, because honestly, noone will ever read this rpg-guide.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Noobia is for technical aspects only. How to roleplay e.g. certain races, situations or peoples is not part of the tutorial. This was decided by the devs this way to keep the time one has to spend on Noobia as short as possible. Also, it is hard to learn to roleplay from NPCs. Since Noobia is ~90% finished, I doubt they'll change this concept.

Actually, you are right, no newbie will ever read the advanced guide, some maybe the brief guide of Alatar. Nevertheless I think the material is worth saving and linking to in Illapedia. Maybe you want to add a paragraph about how to play injuries properly?
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I think this may fall under the guide to RPing also, if not I will be happy to move the post:

There are mainly two languages spoken in game i.e. German and English.
Some players are not able to understand others, this is a given and should be understood by all players.

I would suggest, that even though the language of the other is not understood, a simple "Greetings", or emote to acknowledge the other player would qualify as good RP, or at least a friendly gesture.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote:I think this may fall under the guide to RPing also, if not I will be happy to move the post:

There are mainly two languages spoken in game i.e. German and English.
Some players are not able to understand others, this is a given and should be understood by all players.

I would suggest, that even though the language of the other is not understood, a simple "Greetings", or emote to acknowledge the other player would qualify as good RP, or at least a friendly gesture.
I'd like to further this point a bit. I've witnessed this ig a few times when a person (who I know speaks both german and english) completely ignores you ig and continues to speak in there native language. If you do not know english then answer with ((no englisch)) or whatever when I ask you. Don't completely ignore an english player because your fully tuned into your intense rp.
LifeWonder
Location: !! Don't send PMs/doves to this account. Send them to Karl !!

Post by LifeWonder »

Please please please please please.

Stop putting:

".. is gorgeous"
".. is breathtakingly beautiful"
".. is an incredibly hot"

in your descriptions.

Instead, describe WHAT makes them beautiful/gorgeous/hot/pompous/whatever. Don't FORCE thoughts and emotions onto other characters with your descriptions.

Thx.
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

This is a role playing guide.. perhaps you could show them examples of a way to put it in more descriptive words?
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Julius is exempt to this rule, he's too hawt not to be mentioned so. :3

Okay but seriously;

____ stands six feet tall, a thin and well-cared for musculature can be seen forged across his arms. He has shoulder-length dark blonde hair and his vividly green eyes sparkle with vivacity and warmth. His skin is smooth and flawless, his smiley white as snow.
Julius

Post by Julius »

Good work.
LifeWonder

Post by LifeWonder »

Thank you good sir.

inb4 Arien RAAAAAAAAAAAGEs