Breaking down Items

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pellandria

Breaking down Items

Post by Pellandria »

[[English version below]]

Obwohl ich denke, das jemand bereits an diese Möglichkeit gedacht hat, denke ich das man dieses Thema vielleicht noch einmal "aufbrühen" sollte, obwohl ich weiss das dies alles wohl sehr viel Arbeit vorraussetzt.

Es gibt einige Dinge die in Illarion selten bzw. schwer zu bekommen sind, ich denke da an Edelsteine oder sogar blaue Stoffe, ich denke daran das man diese Stoffe aus einem fertigen Item wieder herrausholen kann.

Da sich jedoch die Handwerke stark unterscheiden, werde ich diese jetz enzeln betrachten.

Schmied: Hier könnte man mehrere Wege gehen, entweder man lässt die Schmiede die Edelsteien herrausbrechen, mit der Möglichkeit das der Stein jedoch kaputt geht und man setzt dann die Rüstung auf den Prozentsatz, bevor man den Stein eingesetzt hat oder man "zerstört" die Rüstung während des herrausbrechens, was dann dazu führt das man anstelle der Rüstung "Metallteile/Metallschrott" bekommt, dieser kann entweder sofort verschmiedet werden, worraus man dann vielleicht ein oder zwei Eisenbarren bekommt, oder man schmelzt sie wieder ein und bekommt dafür entsprechend mehr Barren.

Schneider:Ein Kleidungsstück zu zerschneiden, um wieder etwas von dme verbrauchten Stoff zurückzubekommen, wird immer damit enden das die Kleidungsstücke zerstört werden, vielleicht kann man noch eine gewisse Chance einrechnen, das man ein/zwei Garnrollen zurück bekommt, jedoch bekommt man zudem ein neues Item "Kleidungsflicken", diese können verwendet werden um die Haltbarkeit eines Gegenstandes herraufzusetzen, ohne jedoch die Qualität zu verringern. Dann wird jedoch aus einem "gutenr, sehr alter rote Mantel" ein "guter, gepflickter, alter roter Mantel".

Schnitzen: Ich denke hier kann man wenig wieder verwendne, ausser man bricht die Spitze eines Stabes ab oder man schnitzt aus etwas großen etwas kleines, wobei man dann "Sägespäne" erhalten würde, die könnte man vielleicht benutzen um ein Lagerfeuer länger brennen zu lassen oder sowas.

Glasbläserrei: hier könnte man Flaschen wieder zu Glasbarren zurückschmelzen, ich denke es gäbe keine "Extraitems" darraus, jedoch könnte man vielelicht einfügen, das es für jede "verbrauchte" bzw zersplitterte Flasche einen "glashaufen" gibt, aus dennen man dann Glasssplitter sammeln kann, wobei man sich natürlich auch verletzen kann, diese kann man dann als "Wurfwaffe" benutzen oder wieder einschmelzen.

Bei allen Wiederverwendungen, spielt die Qualität bzw. die Haltbarkeit eine große Rolle, aus einem qualitativ hochwertigen Gegenstand kann man mehr Items bekommen, ist dieser Gegenstand jedoch nicht sonderlich haltbar, sinkt die Chance überhaupt etwas zu bekommen.
So wird man aus einem sehr guten, neuen Mantel fast alle Rohstoffe zurückbekommen, jedoch ist die Chance gering aus einem schlechten, fadenscheinigen Mantel etwas zu bekommen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this Idea is not "new", but we should discuss about the possibilitys here, I know it would take work to include it all, but I shall post it anyway.

The Idea is to salvage "importat" Items like gems or maybe even blue cloth out of crafted Items. As every Craft should have another way aswell as other results, I will post them seperated.

Smithing:We could go a few ways here, but the two main ways would be to either destroy the armor/item or to set it back to the part, before the smith used the gemor whatever you want to break out of it.
If the armor gets destroyed, the char would gather "Metallscrap" from it, this can be smelted to gain several Iron ignots out of it or simply used with the Hammer to gain Iron ignots aswell, but not as much as smelting it.

Tailoring:Cutting up clothings always results in destroying the Item, but you might not only get the Cloth back but one or two threads aswell.
You also gain the Item "Clothpatch", which can be used to improve the durability of Clothings, while it won't set the quality down, so from an "old, used red shirt" you get an "old, sligthly used, patched red shirt"

Carpenting: I can't think of any usefull way to recycle anything from that except that you might break of the tip of an battlestaff to salvage the iron or you could something smaller out of something big, like making handles out of staffs or such, you would gather "splinters/strands" for that, which might be used to keep a fire alive for one rotting circel or such.

Glasblowing: Well the only possibility would here to smelt the glass/bottle back into an glass ignot, can't think of anything else for now, but maybe everytime a bottle breaks or is "used" up one could gather glasspieces, which could be used as "throwingweapons" or for smelting aswell.

Quality and durability play an important role in recycling/breaking down.
Quality determs how much Items you can recycle and durability determs how great your chance is to get those items.
As an example we take a "good, heavily used red cloak" you could gather two red cloths from it, but as this thing is almost broken your chance for this is pretty low, while a "very bad, excellent red cloak" gives only one red cloth back, but that with a 100% chance.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

auf den ersten blick gefiel mir deine idee.

auf den dritten oder vierten blick ging mir auf, dass dies aber ein zweischneidiges schwert sein koennte.

entweder man macht die wiedergewinnbare menge rohstoffe recht klein, dann lohnt sich der technische aufwand fuer die einfuehrung der sache nicht.

oder man laesst grosszuegige mengen an wiedergewonnenem material zu.
dann verringert man die einkommensmoeglichkeiten der neueren spieler. (und der spieler, die bei rohstoffgewinnung bleiben)

um diese interessante idee einzufuehren, muesste man also zusaetzlich auch noch den rohmaterialbedarf der handwerker hochsetzen.

viel arbeit fuer irgendjemand...
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Ich sehe nach wie vor keinen Gewinn im Recycling. Was man dadurch erreicht ist, dass weniger Rohstoffe abgebaut werden und Gegenstände, die man nicht direkt braucht, zu Rohmaterialien werden. Somit steht ein Schmied 24/7 vor dem Amboß, recyclet den Kram den er hergestellt hat und klickt autark vor sich hin. Weniger Abwechslung und Interaktion mit anderen Chars wäre das Resultat. Auf der positiven Seite fällt mir rein gar nicht sein, kannst die Motivation und den Nutzen näher erläutern?
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

I think this is a pretty good idea.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Personally I'd love something like this.

However the problem would be:

1) Make Metal Item
2) Melt Metal Item
3) Make Metal Item again
4) ???
5) Profit!

Basically, it'd give a chance to everyone to pg using less material.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Personally I'd love something like this.

However the problem would be:

1) Make Metal Item
2) Melt Metal Item
3) Make Metal Item again
4) ???
5) Profit!

Basically, it'd give a chance to everyone to pg using less material.
But you'd get less and less metal from each thing you make. If you're implying they'd do it till they get uber skill using the same metal, the problem would be that it would've melt down into enough stuff, and if you're implying that they can just remake it till it's good if they get a bad one, no because you get less stuff and a lower chance of getting the stuff because of the quality and durability if you'd like to scroll up and read.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

I will go with Estralis and ask for the benefit the idea would bring to the game.

(As he sees it: Recycling of items = less need to mine / buy from others, less interaction, more silent and lonely skilling...)

And pro arguments?
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Einerseits, Überschwemmen Lehrlinge den Markt mit qualitativ schleißige Waren, andererseits, ist die veruschung des PowerGamings relativ hoch.

lg
Rincewind
Hrar Godcairn

Post by Hrar Godcairn »

Recycling the items isn't less interaction and less buying from others. Now noobs can make an income when selling "useless" equipment they get in the temple ruins or other places, equipment that would otherwise be thrown away.

The experienced smith could buy from the novice fighters cheap materials to work with.

That's the way I see it.
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

Ich denke das Argument der Rohstoffbeschaffung kann hier kaum genutzt werden. Die einzigen Handwerker, die ihre Rohstoffe nicht selbst besorgen sind meistens ohnehin schon reich.

Positiv an der ist, dass man auch den vollkommen wertlosen kram den man bei Monstern zu großen Teilen findet endlich mal zu was gutem machen könnte.
Bjarkar Kjartan

Post by Bjarkar Kjartan »

Wurde recycling nicht bereits abgelehnt?
Last edited by Bjarkar Kjartan on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

Hrar Godcairn wrote:Recycling the items isn't less interaction and less buying from others. Now noobs can make an income when selling "useless" equipment they get in the temple ruins or other places, equipment that would otherwise be thrown away.

The experienced smith could buy from the novice fighters cheap materials to work with.

That's the way I see it.
I agree, but as I mostly smith in trollsbane I have to say its easier to get iron to smith than coal and I'm sure you'd still need coal to smelt whatever item you're destroying back into ingots...

though I like the idea, I don't see it as something that is actually useful for smiths unless they smith near a coal mine...

but as for the original idea to recoup important items it would be quite helpful to most other professions/trades as there are some things that are expensive and recycling would help new players getting started as they can reuse some of the items they have instead of working 2-3 days to get the money to buy more resources and try again
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

This could help a little with a weaker fighter's income, because untill a fighter is strong enough, he won't be able to earn much unless he spends his days farming mummies for entrails and minimal skill.

Ofcourse the weaker fighters can always go in a group, but lets face it, oftenly there arn't very many people around who want that(unless this changed in the last month).
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

I got a really good thought on this-
Give hardwood the ability to be made into coal. Thousands of acres of forests were destroyed in Europe for this very purpose.

It seems that this is really essential to making salvaging a cause worth pursuing. Wood to coal is really more efficient to non-mountain dwelling peoples than a coal mine is.
ThisGuy

Post by ThisGuy »

:D I definitely like that idea...burning wooden items to make charcoal

but would all wooden items make charcoal? a sword handle for example is quite small while a wooden shield is made of multiple pieces of wood... I guess I'm saying which items would be allowed to be turned into charcoal and would some make more than others?(just want a bit of elaboration on your idea since I like it)
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

ThisGuy wrote::D I definitely like that idea...burning wooden items to make charcoal

but would all wooden items make charcoal? a sword handle for example is quite small while a wooden shield is made of multiple pieces of wood... I guess I'm saying which items would be allowed to be turned into charcoal and would some make more than others?(just want a bit of elaboration on your idea since I like it)
I was using the suggestion of Pellandria, that you could get "wood scraps" from breaking down wooden items. For example: 3 wood scraps to make 1 coal, you can get 1 wood scrap from a handle, or 9 from breaking down a tower shield.
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

The proposal would sort of make resource gathering useless. You could go out and find a steel plate from a skeleton or a bow from a gnome or a staff from an ogre. Not that it is a bad proposal, just seems like it would take away from some of the Illarion economy feeling.