Rename Molotov cocktails

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Faladron you seriously need to stalk someone in real live..because its even more pathetic in the forums.
Shaylee Raliah Tacanaas

Post by Shaylee Raliah Tacanaas »

Nitram wrote:We could rename it to cow milk and make it drinkable but not explodeable... :roll:
I like this!

But also like
Bottle of Exploding Incinerated Fairies
:twisted:
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

Dragon Semen.
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Dragon Semen wins
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Pellandria wrote:Faladron you seriously need to stalk someone in real live..because its even more pathetic in the forums.
I don't recall using personal insults against you.
Stop using them against me, thank you.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Oh. She insulted a player.
Except people can actually read her insults.

BAN BAN BAN!
Thariel Feuersturm

Post by Thariel Feuersturm »

@Pellandria: sei doch mal netter zu allen. Es kann doch nicht sein, dass du eine gute idee einfach schlecht machst oder schon von anfang an nihilierst. Jeder, der hier postet, schreibt, um Illarion zu verbessern. Wenn du schreibst, so halte es bitte konstruktiv. Das mit Gynkenasischem Feuer war eine sehr nette und stimmungsvolle Idee.

Und vor allem: Versuch doch bitte einmal im Leben, nicht persönlich zu werden. Du hast gar kein Grund und ebenso gar kein Recht! Ansonsten wie folgt:

3. Beleidigungen

Jegliche Beleidigungen von Spielern, also der Person am Monitor, nicht dem Charakter im Spiel, rassistische oder sexistische Äußerungen und Namen sind nicht erlaubt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Insults

All insults directed at the person behind the screen, and not the character, are forbidden. Also strictly forbidden are all racist or sexist remarks and names.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16. Foren

Auf den Illarion Foren gelten auch die Regeln 2, 3, 4, 13 und 15. Auf dem RPG- und Gilden-Forum wird nur Rollenspiel betrieben, es gelten also auch die Regeln 1, 5, 6, 8, 11 und 12. Postings, die Handelsofferten beinhalten, sind unerwünscht.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16. Forum

On the Illarion-boards the rules 2, 3, 4, 13 and 15 apply. On the RPG-board and also the Guilds Board only role play is allowed. Additionally the rules 1, 5, 6, 8, 11 and 12 apply. Posts concerning trading offers are unwanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Punishment and penalties

* Warning: Talk with the game master to clear up what you did wrong and what you can improve
* Skill reduction: lowering of one or more of your character's skills, especially for violations of rule 10
* Attribute reduction: lowering of one ore more of your character's attributes
* Item deletion: Deleting of items of your character, especially for violations of rule 13
* Temporary ban of the character
* Permament ban of the character
* Temporary ban of the player <-------------- perhaps for forums?

@ Nitram: muss das mit dem "Fitzgerald Nimblefigg Wegrinegand Molotov" wirklich sein? der Vergleich mit dem schwert hakt, da Konrad nur was zur pseudomittelalterlichen Stimmung beitragen wollte. Eigentlich recht destruktiv, auch wenn ich es lustig fand. Dadurch fühlen sich aber so nette Menschen wie Pellandria ermutigt, es als Freischein zu sehen und zu denken, sie wären mit der ruppigen Art im Recht. Ja, es ist nichts weltbewegendes, wenn man den Namen ändert und ja, es gibt im moment wichtigeres. Aber ist der Vorschlag wirklich schlecht?
Last edited by Thariel Feuersturm on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Oh yeah don't forget that I allready got an "yellow dot"

and because it was so funny here I go again "You are pathetic Faladron, every comment on me is just some bullcrap where you actually try to insult me, while you fail to achive that, because everything you throw at me is absolutly unfitting, call me a non-#me User while playing a magical cha, must be the most stupid assumption I ever heard, so next time, if you got yet another silly comment in store for me, think before anyone could start realize how pathetic you are"
Loralyn
Location: Follow me into this dark alley and i'll show you...

Post by Loralyn »

Do I need to make hurting on everyone before they decide it best to keep their mouths shut.

Stop insulting him, Pellandria.

EDIT: Stay on topic! :evil:
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Its an insult when i say he should stop stalking me in every post, ripping out sentence out of context and posting some bullcrap to it, seems you fail to see the picture here and the main objectiv of the topic allready is finished.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

On topic:

Bugger Damien to make up some war in which the Gynk turned the tide of battle by throwing these liquid bottles around, therefore being named Gynkesian Fires, then change the name accordingly, maybe even have a nice little book written about it.

Or:

Bugger someone to make up a legend about mr. Fitzgerald Nimblefigg Wegrinegand Molotov, where he one day, working as a bartender in a small village in Albar, broke the main ingredient bottle for his "flames over Albar" special drink, tweaked the recipe with what he had at hand and blew up the tavern when serving the first round (igniting the mugs).
Some clever soldier seized Molotov and forced him to sell him the recipe for the honor of for ever having his name connected with brutal flaming
liquid of unspeakable pain, maybe even have a nice little book written about it.

May the idea which's book is finished first win, how about it?

I am on the Gynk team.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Thariel Feuersturm wrote:@ Nitram: (...) Ja, es ist nichts weltbewegendes, wenn man den Namen ändert und ja, es gibt im moment wichtigeres. Aber ist der Vorschlag wirklich schlecht?
Eben weil es doch nicht schwer sein sollte, mal eben den Namen zu ändern, verstehe ich die Ablehnung überhaupt nicht.

Gynk fire! (Even sounds a bit like "greek fire" - perfect.)
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Die Ablehnung hat nichts mit dem Aufwand zu tun sondern mit dem Sinn. Es gibt einen Grund für den Namen den der Molotov Cocktail jetzt hat. Und das ist ganz einfach der, das JEDEM sofort klar ist, was dieses Item ist und was es macht, wenn man es in der Hand hat. Das ist der Sinn von den Itemnamen. Ansonsten könnten wir die Items auch einfach durchnummerieren. Das selbe gilt für das schöne Schwert. Da weis auch jeder was man damit machen muss.

Wenn ich das Ding in irgendein Gynkesisches Feuer umbenenne, wissen alle neuen Spieler die so ein Ding bekommen überhaupt nicht was sie damit machen sollten.

Nitram
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

wow. Pell, you flame a lot. Why would you even post in this thread? Just to argue? The name doesn't bother you - fine. It bothered a few people I know including me. You obviously don't care - so why do you even reply with a contradiction? Does someone pay you to protect the item editor from a miniscule bit of item renaming work?

My personal favorites are Gynk Fire or Flames of Albar
Harald Hradradr

Post by Harald Hradradr »

But then again, Nitram, no new player would know how to use the Molotov anyways. They have to find out in game either way. Remember the Yellow Potion? What the .... no new player will know what it is too.
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

All the more fun - having uncareful newcomers explode themselves. It's very humorous.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Konrad Knox wrote:All the more fun - having uncareful newcomers explode themselves. It's very humorous.
For you. Not for the newcomers.
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Well, see. I kill a goblin, I loot a white bottle. I don't hurry to drink it.
But I shift click it.
Currently a very descriptive message comes up when the cocktail is clicked. The message says: "You light the molotov cocktail up. Be careful with the cocktail"

If you put Gynk Fire instead of the name, it will still stay descriptive.
"You lught the Gynk Fire up. Be careful with the bottle." The bottle visual also changes currently, once lit it says "you see a burning cocktail." so you replace that with "you see a burning Gynk Fire"

Still pretty self explanatory.

If, after that, a noob still decides to drop it at his own feet - sorry, but they deserve to explode.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Nitram wrote:For you. Not for the newcomers.
Oh yes, because every noob will immediately get his hands on a Molotov cocktail... And there is also a warning message when you light it!

If you do not like "Gynk fire", there is "Fire/Flame bomb" etc. Everything is better than Molotov cocktail!
Thariel Feuersturm

/signed
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Personally, I like Gynkenese Fire. It's very in line with the Illarion background story and brings to mind the old weapon of Archimedes, "Greek Fire".....hmm....sounds like 'Gynk Fire'.....

Aren't the Gynkenese thieves, pirates, murderers and assassins anyways? I think it's logical they would have invented this, and maybe even some nasty poisons we haven't seen yet? :twisted:

It shouldn't be difficult to just change the name.

What's the big argument about?
Konrad Knox

Post by Konrad Knox »

Exactly, not sure what the argument is over.
Must be the international flame the gypsie day.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Konrad Knox wrote:wow. Pell, you flame a lot. Why would you even post in this thread?
my very first post here included
Pellandria wrote:....
Maybe an explosiv potion was invented by a gnom named molotov or its production was once found in the small goblin village named molotivia .....
Suprise.. I cared about an explanation, but seems like you kindly ignored it.
darxzero
Location: Investigating the darkest recesses of human nature...

Post by darxzero »

Beldir wrote:Then call it white bottle. And everyone's happy.. :roll:
Not such a bright idea. Think about it:- Green bottle: Full of cider, Red bottle?: Full of wine. White Bottle: Full of undrinkable exploding stuff that would kill you if you drank it. Basically, everyone is happy except those who try drinking it.
Last edited by darxzero on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

It wasn't a problem since long time ago. So i guess only a few has problems with the name, don't be too picky. You lived with the name for quite long already, i'm sure you can live with it again and stay survive :D . If you don't like it, then call it other names whichever you like as suggested and done by someone from previous post.

A simple thing like a name, isn't really worth argue-ing. I'd say, leave it be.
Beldir

Post by Beldir »

I'd say: Change it. The name disturbs athmosphere. It simply doesn't fit the setting.
And a newbie would now, that something is dangerous id its called gynkesian fire, dragon semen, fire bomb...
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

Pellandria wrote:
HolyKnight wrote: Blast yer Ass in a Bottle
Rename it to THAT!
/signed.
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

When I first heard the name Molotov Cocktail in game, it seemed out of place to me too, but the name has grown on me now. That said, I'd vote for any of these too....

Fooser wrote:
I prefer re-naming it to "Mega Healing Potion"
HolyKnight wrote:
Firewhiskey, Bottle of Blazing Fun, Explosion in a Bottle, Glassbomb, Gynkesian Fire, Blazing Jug of Exploding Proportions, Martha's Flagon, Blast yer Ass in a Bottle, Bottle of Exploding Incinerated Fairies, RPG in a bottle, MOAB, Fools Beer, Gnomish Eggnog, Rumpelstiltskin's pwnage flask, Two Girls and a Cup, The Magical Bottle of Destruction That if Thrown 5 Times Consecutively By a Gnome You Get to Visit the Nearest Cross, Lava Burst, Flamethrower Bottle, The Incinerator, Widow-maker, or any other combination of fire, exploding, incinerating, etc. with a noun.
Thanks for that. It really made me laugh.
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

My both chars are calling them "Gynkesian Fire" since I made the second one a year ago and i started to use that item.

I always loved to ask People, who or what the Hellbirar a 'Molotov' is... :D

"White Bottle" would be the best name in my eyes...
Thariel Feuersturm

Vorschlag: jeder nennt es so, wie man will. Ich werde es niciht mehr molotov nennen und basta für mich.

Wenn jemand meine chara fragt, ob er molotovs hat, antwortet er mit nein.