The magic academy of Gobaith~Die Magische Akademie Gobaiths

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Some of us have all material possessions to retire already, a group of well trusted friends and the possibility to command a large force if necessary, and do not need to promote themselves to positions to make a name for themselves, while they're happy with their house, wealth and friends.

~W.E~
Amira Ranevskaya

Post by Amira Ranevskaya »

An arrow is drawn on the top of the parchment which points to the parchment above it written by one W.E.

Some of us need to learn when it is best to stop writing. Some of us need to learn when they have gone a little too far. Some of us need to learn to think before they speak or write and not just speak of or write about mindless babble.

~unsigned~
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Two educated mages should both know better than this...

Sideon Vilarion
Ilaya Iselle van Illdoran

Post by Ilaya Iselle van Illdoran »

Accept or decline....why these discussions?

Calm down!

~Ilaya Iselle
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Because they lack the authority to decide this without notifying the other half of the academy.

~W.E~
Zeddicus su'Zanderfall

Post by Zeddicus su'Zanderfall »

Are teachers available for teaching or is the post deceitful?

Zeddicus su'Zanderfall
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

I'm sure some teacher will contact you, soon. I myself would teach you, but I allready have three students. If non of the other techers started to teach you till one of my students is finished, I will take you.

~Taeryon Silberlicht
Grugnak Meglos

Post by Grugnak Meglos »

Name:
Mighty Grugnak!

Race:
Mighty orc!

Did nub count, nub hab enuff fingers. Many summers.

Mage/Battlemage:
Shaman-majik

Personal remarks:
Mes want use dat majik to cause havoc, smash stoopid oomies and burn beards op stumpies. Gimme majik, mes pays lotsa shinies.
Taeryon Silverlight

Dear Grugnak,

I'm sorry to tell you, that you don't seem to suit the needed qualifications. Your behaviour seems to be most aggressive, which is something that (at least by me) is not accepted. Try to calm and think about your plans a bit and I'm sure someone will help you out with the apprenticeship.

Zeddicus su'Zanderfall,

I'm happy to tell you that it seems, that one of my students has left the isle. I'll look if I'll be able starting to teach you within the next few days.

~Taeryon Silverlight
Zeddicus su'Zanderfall

Post by Zeddicus su'Zanderfall »

I eagerly await our first meeting and appreciate your hasty response.

Zeddicus su'Zanderfall
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

It would be good for you to remember, Taeryon, that you rejected me because I don't speak the old language.
I would be most displeased to be passed up for another new language speaker after such a dismissal.

I also suppose this would also be the appropriate place to announce that I will be searching for a teacher should Master Lightdot continue to be unsure about taking me as a student.

Saeliah A. Scorpius

((OOC: No offense to Taeryon or Kevin.... but it's in character.... ^_^'))
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

*the note is penned in a simple, carefully plain hand*

I offer a simple mage staff, red mage hat, and red mage robe to anyone willing to teach me two specific category one runes.
The offer is negotiable, the runes are not, and I would be willing to answer any questions necessary to soothe the mind.
Any who accept will be informed of a suggested time and meeting place if they do not suggest one themselves.

~ Knowledge Seeker
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Teachers of the Academy,

In view of Lady Saeliah A. Scorpius' statements I want to know if she was ever made the official student of Master Lightdot. With the new amendment to or laws this question must be answered before anyone can teach her.

Zhambra's Blessings,
Eli Travinus
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Dear Knowledge Seeker,

no teacher will give someone simply runes he or she asks for.
Become a student and go trougth all te trials that you will encounter on the way, the high council will not tolerate the simple "selling" of such a power.

~Pellandria~
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Master Travinus,

In explanation I would like to say that I was semi-officially passed on to Master Lightdot.

I do wish to be a student of Kevin's- we're friends- but I have received no instruction from him due to the fact that he did not wish to impose upon Master Taeryon- who had claim to me as a secondary student.

I'm not searching for teachers. Master Lightdot has simply been a long time in continuing my education and it was rash of me to say I wished for another teacher.

My apologies,
Saeliah A. Scorpius
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

young Mage Saeliah A. Scorpius,

There is no need for apologies I assure you. I was just seeking further details into you becoming the mage we all want you to be. Waiting is just sometimes part of the process. I am sure Master Elderberry can give you some encouraging words during your wait. My advise is for you to focus on meditating and harmonizing your mind to keep from being too anxious. Please feel free, however, to keep the High Council informed if Master Lightdot does not return in the upcoming month.

For unity of purpose,
Eli Travinus
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

On another note,

I would like everyone to welcome Zannith Haxxis as my first student. He shall be receiving a newer copy of the ancient text as my previous one disintegrated into a puff of smoke the other day.

To Mister Haxxis' success,
Eli Travinus
Magic Academy

Post by Magic Academy »

We hereby gladly announce, that we have two new teachers at our academy:

William Elderberry
Nalcaryos von Weißhafen

They both accepted the academy with their new structure, rules and leadingship.

~The High Council
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

Walking toward the Board almost passing it by as usual, she stops and tilts her head reading the rules of the academy again then whispers "I see they are changed" and with a smile on her face she gets her pen signing underneath in the list of teachers with precise handwriting.

II. Rules of teaching:

1.Every teacher may teach up to 3 students runes with the teaching room at the same time. The number of students, that get their runes without the teaching room or get theoretical lessons only, is free to the teacher.
2.The maximum of runes a teacher may teach each student per dwarven week is 2. The order of the these runes should be sensible.
3.Each teacher is allowed to teach as her or she sees fit as long as the students know enough to pass the final exams at the end of their apprenticeship. There will be a list that every student has to know viewable only by teachers, located on the teachers' part of the academy boards.
4.No teacher is allowed to charge their apprentices' money for their teaching, however, the apprentices have to get the materials that are needed during the apprenticeship on their own.
5. Every student must sign his name on the registration paper, and is encouraged to keep himself informed of what is written on the boards.
6.As soon as a student has gotten his 20th rune, he may take an examination, and if he or she passes will receive title "Mage“ or "Battlemage“. Three dwarven weeks after he or she has passed that test, the student may take the examination that will allow him or her to get BHONA and to become a fully acknowledged teacher of the academy.

I will agree to these rules,
Kaila Galathil
Taeryon Silverlight

Welcome as a teacher of the new academy then, Kaila.

~Taeryon Silverlight
~High Councillor
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

*the note is covered with smudges and the letters are malformed- as if the writer were unfamiliar with writing or uncomfortable with a quill*

Teachers~ of the Academy,

I wish to become a student of magic. I was previously to be a student of Kawako Tao, but due to a communication mistake I made he assumed that I no longer needed a teacher and replaced me.

It is my hope that another of you would be willing to educate me in the ways of magic.

Zzesskan
Llama

Post by Llama »

Someone has ripped this message off
Last edited by Llama on Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Wrong, Kawako, they are new rules, try to keep up with the frequency of them changing.
1.Every teacher may teach up to 3 students runes with the teaching room at the same time. The number of students, that get their runes without the teaching room or get theoretical lessons only, is free to the teacher.
~W.E~
Taeryon Silverlight

Taeryon walks up the boards, reads the message of Zzesskan, rolling his eyes and ripping off the message, muttering: "Seems like he didn't even read the first announcement..." Then he walks away, sighing heavily.
reidan

Post by reidan »

Name: Khaine Darkmoon
-
Race: elf
-
-
-
Mage/Battlemage: Mage
-
Personal remarks: I am willing to devote my life to the study of magic and help protect those that need protecting.

SIGNED

- Khaine Darkmoon
Zzesskan

Post by Zzesskan »

((OOC: Taeryon: Your char can be such a jerk. My char was already accepted by Kawako and it's only because I was gone a week for new years that I have to get her another teacher.))
*the application is covered with smudges and the letters are malformed- as if the writer were unfamiliar with writing or uncomfortable with a quill*

Name: Zzesskan
Race: lizard
Mage/Battlemage: mage
Personal remarks:
I desire to apply myself to the art of magic and am curious to learn of magic performed without divine influence. I wish to protect and defend my people through a mastery of magic.
Last edited by Zzesskan on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turwinkle

Post by Turwinkle »

Name: Turwinkle

Race: Halfling

Mage/Battlemage: Mage

Personal remarks: I am willing to devote my life to the study of magic.
Druidin

Post by Druidin »

Name: Josefa Unfrey

Rasse: Menschenfrau

Magierin/Kampfmagierin: Magierin

Anmerkungen:
Obwohl mir ein Magier einmal sagte, ich sei bereits zu alt um als Schülerin aufgenommen zu werden, möchte ich doch hier anfragen, da ich mich sehr gut erholt habe und noch sehr lange leben möchte.
Ich bin bescheiden, fleißig und würde meinen Teil zum Unterhalt der Akademie beitragen.
Deinarious

Post by Deinarious »

Name: Maia Mesmerich

Race: Human

Mage/Battlemage: Mage please.

Personal remarks:

I have been searching for a teacher before I even came to the mainland. Unfortunately, the ones I had found had died after meeting me from mysterious circumstances, or rejected me because of my appearance, whether it be my long blue hair, my lack of height, or my blemish-free skin. Some even rejected me because I on occasion will lose focus and start going "Uh..." for several minutes while looking completely dumbfounded. That isn't my fault! I inherited all of those from my mother...

Anyhow, I believe I would be a competent mage. I currently have just been doing prestidigitation to practice channeling the energies, but I am sure the real deal would be a lot more potent and dangerous. Nevertheless, I would still like to learn magic. By the by, since I was a little girl, I could naturally see spirits...not sure if that amounts to anything, but I guess I should put it in this application.

Anyhow, I hope to hear some good news from you soon.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

The idea of the personal remarks column is to advertise yourself so we'll want to accept you; not to tell us your flaws.

~W.E~