Dead me

A place to ask beginner questions to be answered by other players. / Ein Platz für Anfängerfragen, die von anderen Spielern beantwortet werden.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ambrosine

Dead me

Post by Ambrosine »

Right, Sucks to be my character, but she fell into those catacombs or whatever under the graveyard and died while running around terrified looking for a way out. (Bad horror story plot? Yep. Funny? If it wasn't my character. :evil: )

Where is the way out (is there a way out)? So I can avoid any more skill-loss than necessary.

And yes, falling in was an accident. Someone needs to put up a sign. The idea of a sinkhole right there was retarded and I'm kinda ticked.
Alright, throughly pissed- but that's just me grieving for my character.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Erm...

In the graveyard? In the cemetry?

Isn't there the ladder at the exact spot you "fell" into? Just...go back :/
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

But... It looked like there was a wall between there and the ladder...

smile. I just died for no reason didn't I?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

I do think so. >_>
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Alright. I'm really ticked right now.

I went back to the exact same spot I fell and the ladder is on the opposite side of a wall. I floated around for twenty minutes and there are either walls or rocks blocking all the paths to that ladder.

Just how many minutes do I have to float around until my skill is drained to zero?

:evil:

On the bright side, it is going to make a funny story after I get over being pissed off. I hope that's the bright side at least...
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

use !gm for a helpcall and your skill won't drain while you are death, its initiated the moment you die.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The way out is open and free.

You have to go down into the deepest parts of the temple down there before you find the way up and out.

Nitram
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

Face the open path in front of you and follow the wall on the left (or the west wall)

You should be able to reach the ladder, kind of far... but should be able to get out.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

The way is shut.

I'm fucking frustrated now.
I did the stupid !gm thing and that didn't help at all. Thanks anyway.
I've been floating around this stupid place for an hour and I think I'm going to quit Illarion.

Just so everyone feels informed, ghosts can't move diagonally, so if there are mummies or skeletons or whatever the heck else is down here that DON'T CHANGE POSITION and block the path, ghosts can't get past and the way is effectively shut.
Harald Hradradr

Post by Harald Hradradr »

Uh, oh, looks like some rescue quest for some knights. Sry for that, but i couldnae resist. :oops:

You said the !GM thing did not help? Did a GM appear? Those guys usually help out if you are trapped or whatever. But sometimes there is no GM around so no one will appear. Check your mailbox soon, if you explained your problem with the gm call you should have recieved a mail.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

The reason it is a secret ladder in a grave is to be a nice little easter egg in the game. I mean you were obviously looking for it anyway, since you walked over the graves of an empty graveyard. If you couldn't find the ladder which was right next to you clearly as you fall down, then LOL.

If there was instantly undead blocking the ladder when you fell down, then i give you credit i suppose.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

There was no call.
I helped her but she didn't read the pm until now.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Righto, figured that I should post a follow up.

Um to Retlak: Apparently there are two ways to fall into the temple (lucky me for discovering the second, ne?), a grave in the southwest corner that has a ladder to get back up and a grave in the southeast corner that - when you go at it with a shovel - gives you the message "You dig a hole and the ground under you collapses and you fall into a cave..."
This hole, unfortunately, does not have a ladder... and the only way to get to the ladder is to go through the entire temple-- pretty much ensuring death... But if you don't believe me... *shrugs*

Now, for an explanation as to why I was digging up graves in the first place-- I was trying to get a 'skull' (yes, there is an IG reason, but it's kind of embarrassing, so...).
But seeing as that didn't work at all, does anyone know where I would be able to obtain a skull? Because I don't think skeletons drop them and you can't pick the ones up off the ground...
Or is that something I'm going to have to take up with a necromancer IG ('cause it really would make since to have skeletons [of the non-animated kind] in graves and coffins and such, for little grave robbers like my char seems to have resorted to becoming.)

Oh, and MUCH thanks to Arien. GMs are awesome. I really do appreciate your assistance.
^_^

PS: Do !gm things work while you're a ghost? 'Cause as far as I can tell the game ignores what ghosts say, and maybe that would be a reason nobody responded to my !gm when I was trapped in the temple? Just a thought...
Llama

Post by Llama »

Far as I know you can't carry skull items...
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Hm... now that doesn't make much sense... seeing as some crafters need skulls for certain items... :?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

After you did a !gm did you get a message something like -- message sent to the staff -- or something like that? If so, then they work.

And as hadrian said, you can't carry skulls. You must most likely just roleplay it. xD

It's interesting though how you found that hole :lol:
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

abcfantasy wrote:It's interesting though how you found that hole :lol:
Yeah, very interesting indeed. :lol:
I wasn't even aware that there is another "entrance" but on the other hand I haven't been to the graveyard with a shovel in my hand.
Well, most of the inhabitants of the graveyard can be outrun if you do not carry too much with you, so it should be possible to get through it without being killed, right?
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Er... I had to run past mummies and skeletons and hordes of flies (some of which don't move, blocking your way, unless you attack them) plus, you have to go down to the second level and cross paths with higher level skeletons and (red ones) demon skeletons... So... I guess if you ran fast enough... *shrugs*
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:
abcfantasy wrote:It's interesting though how you found that hole :lol:
Yeah, very interesting indeed. :lol:
I wasn't even aware that there is another "entrance" but on the other hand I haven't been to the graveyard with a shovel in my hand.
Well, most of the inhabitants of the graveyard can be outrun if you do not carry too much with you, so it should be possible to get through it without being killed, right?
Has walked through the entire graveyard from the reds out with no armor nor weapon just out of curiousity, had to run a couple of times and do some dodging, but did fine.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Ambrosine wrote:Hm... now that doesn't make much sense... seeing as some crafters need skulls for certain items... :?
Say what? :shock:
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

:D But that would be telling! ^_^ *winks*
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Skulls cannot be obtained in any way. Thus, the item in question cannot be crafted. :?
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Then why, when I try to craft a SKULL STAFF do I get the message "You do not have a required material ready: skull" ?

If you can't obtain them, then why do I have the option of crafting a skull staff?
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Hrm...this is strange.

I just checked and indeed it does require 'skull'.

It must be some mistake, though I'm not 100% certain.
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

Ambrosine wrote:Er... I had to run past mummies and skeletons and hordes of flies (some of which don't move, blocking your way, unless you attack them) plus, you have to go down to the second level and cross paths with higher level skeletons and (red ones) demon skeletons... So... I guess if you ran fast enough... *shrugs*
...you can get around the whole first level without meeting demon skeletons... you have to look quite hard for them, since they are shut in..
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

Well, if you're running around lost and haven't been in the temple before there is at least a chance you would run into them while trying to find your way out.

Maybe skulls should be made a skeleton drop. ^_^ That would make sense.
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

That's just a screw up in the scripts i guess, which might get fixed soon.

You're very useful, you discovered a fault in the crafting system AND taught the majority of us all that there is a new entrance to the yard tunnels o.0

Well done.
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

*dryly* Yes... My powers of curiosity are stunning... ~_~
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Yes, well done. Your skills will be boosted to double now.

..(*jokes* :P)

The script will be corrected "soon" :)
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Even if you make skulls a drop, skulls cannot be picked up :lol:. I scratched my head alot when I found out you need pins for a skull staff... :?: :?: :?: