The Town Guard and Militia of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pranck

Post by Pranck »

Haha der Mann der mich getötet hat und mich ausgeplündert hat, wo ich danch noch von einem Wachen gesagt gekriegt hat das ich jemanden Angriff, ich wurde gerächt von meinem Gott an der stelle wo ich tot war ist jetzt ein Steingolem ihr Narren hahah

~unbekannter Name~[/b]
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

If the one writing the cowardly messages would cease, it would prove better for all. This is the real list.

Dain Laden - Captain
Julius Rothman - Guard
Deuce - Guard
Piggy - Recruit
Harald Hradradr - Recruit

An official meeting will be held on ((November 18th at 18:00 gmt)).

~Dain~Laiden~
Last edited by Lrmy on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Executor

Post by Executor »

I have imprisoned the female Katarine for cutting trees, disturbing peace, insulting a guard and refusing arrest. She did not have the money to pay the fine I gave her.

I am not completely sure about punishment, but I have given her 6 days (two dwarven days) for now.

Aenarion
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Aenarion,

I suggest you read the laws. There is no law against cutting down trees and it is not included in the regulation of disturbing the peace. By no means do I support tree cutting in town, however by no means is it against the law. Punishment for insulting a guard was also done away with when Cromwell became govenour of Trolls Bane. Therefore you can give no punishment for resisting arrest because there was no breaking of the law.

I demand that this innocent woman be set free. She has done nothing wrong by the laws of Trolls Bane and should be held as innocent.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Acolyte of the Flame
Harald Hradradr

Post by Harald Hradradr »

Dantagon,

already told him so, he refused to set her free again.

Harald Hradradr
Executor

Post by Executor »

Not to cut the trees in Troll's Bane has been a law for as long as I can remember. This might have changed since Cromwell became the ruler, however he has appointed a forester, saying that HE could cut and plant trees. As the Governor has pointed out himself, laws can be changed at any point, without warning. I have asked him if lumberjacking is allowed inside the walls, and his reply was that we were to judge the situation ourself. I told Katerine to stop cutting trees, but she refused. She is now guilty in crime acording to "E. Disobedience", if not in woodcutting. I gave her several warnings, whereon she was directly rude, and said she would continue to cut trees in the future, and even continued to do so as i watched. She was also heard screaming loudly. (disturbing the peace.) Her several insultments of my person might not have been against the law, but it surely did not help her case. I calmly and friendly told her to pay a small fine, which she could not pay. I told her that then she would have to spend the night in the prison, whereon she resisted arrest.

I asure you Sir Marescot, that I only meant to do my job. As already pointed out she was causing a lot of trouble, and laws may be changed without warning. I realise you might have the authority to demand her freed, but i would like to remind you that complaints are suposed to be given to the governour, and not placed here.

I thank you for your concern, and for trying to make sure justice provails, however I will not set her free until I am ordered to do so. I will make sure she does not suffer more than necessary.

Aenarion
Mareda

Katerine von Maibach

Post by Mareda »

It's egregious to arrest an innocent woman.
I demand to set her free right away. Trolls Bane hasn't the right to arrest our people, the citizens of Varshikar, without a true reason!
It's egregious to arrest an innocent woman.
I demand to set her free right away. Trolls Bane hasn't the right to arrest our people, the citizens of Varshikar, without any true reason!

Mareda a citizens of Varshikar

Es ist unerhört eine unschuldige Frau zu verhaften.
Ich verlange, dass sie auf der Stelle freigelassen wird. Trolls Bane hat nicht das Recht, unsere Leute, die Bürger Varshikars, ohne guten Grund festzuhalten!
Es gibt kein veröffentliches was es verbietet bäume in Trolls Bane zu fällen.

Mareda bürgerin Varshikars
Executor

Post by Executor »

Sir Marescot is in his right to demand, however you are not. The citizens of Varshikar are not imune to the laws. Her sentence was short regarding what she did, please leave it at that. This was by no means something personal, as I had never met the lady before.

The Townguard holds no grudge against the Varshikari.

As mentioned before, please send complaints directly to the governour. This is the official board of the townguard, and is not meant for discussing. Please respect that.

Aenarion
Mareda

Post by Mareda »

And where's that written?
The old laws were declared as null by the new government. And I can't find such a point in the new ones.
Dantagon Marescot

Disobediance. Disobediance. You are jailing a woman for not listening to you. You who doesn't even know the true laws. Let her go. Let the poor woman go. You have no right to tell the woman anything since she was doing nothing against the law or to hurt others. You are a fool, Aenarion. You are a fool for a guard and a fool for a man.

If her fine truely matters so much to the town coffers I shall pay it and you shall let her go. But I will pay the original fine, not what ever jacked up price you wish to add to her punishment. She had no money to begin with in Trolls Bane, so her money was in Varshikar. I shall pay and be paid back later.

Sir Dantagon Marescot

((http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 533#461533))
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I hope the woman has been set free as of now. If this is not the case, it is to be done with haste and I assume a proper apology will be given to the woman as well.

Due to recent arrests, I am using my authority to keep the guard running efficiently and fairly. If one is jailed, a report must be made at this wall containing the charges, in addition to a letter to myself or Dantagon detailing the arrest. This is not a lack of trust on the guards, but more a precaution and sign of good will to other towns.

Varshikar, you have my apologies for this mistake.

~Dain~Laiden~
Cuthalion

Post by Cuthalion »

So quick to loose your honour and head Dantagon, but what is to expect from a self proclaimed knight. A man who let his voters down completely, and made agreements with those in charge for hiw own gain. Tell me with what right do you call yourself "Sir" Dantagon Marescot when you do not have the smallest portion of noble blood running through your vains?

You are leading this vendetta without the slightest clue of what happened, and without speaking to me ONCE in person. You are asuming that the disobediance law was broken because of refusing arrest, however this is far from the case. You are saying I do not know the laws, but if I were you I would study them a little closer myself. So as you now perhaps can see, a law was broken BEFORE she refused arrest.

Even if you were right, and I put this woman in jail because of some personal reasons, what laws do I break? None! However it would still be necessary to punish me would it not? There might not be a law against insulting guards, disobaying orders and yelling (and may I stess the point that even if there isn't she would still have comitted crimes), but it is still necessary to punish such behaviour.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Dain Laiden. You are saying that your new prosedure is not because of lack of trust in the guard, however it can be regarded as nothing else. I therefore resign with emidiate action.

Send me a dove and tell me where and when i can deliver my keys and signet ring.
Send me an apology, and I might reconsider.

Knight Anearion of the Dawn.
-By the power of Malachin and the five
Dantagon Marescot

Tell me what I have gained, Anearion. I have gained nothing. I even resigned from my possition. I have gained nothing but my life from my deal with Cromwell.

A knight is not choosen by noble blood. A knight is made by deeds, and upon knighting they are consitered to be a noble, however the noblity may not be passed on to children. This was explained to me by nobility of Salkamar.

You had never even offered to discuss this in person. There were no laws broken by her, nor did you break any laws. However what you did was not just. I do not even think that Malachin would call this justice.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Warrior of Bragon
Acolyte of the Flame
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

III.II Medium Offences

D. Resisting Arrest
Resisting arrest through physical or verbal means is a crime under the law.

Punishment guidelines for the Guard:
Fines - 10-25+ silvers, or up to the worth of the stolen item if it cannot be returned.
Banishment for: 10+ days
Jail for: 7+ days
Forced labor - ?
In the serious cases if the perpetrator flees, the captain of the guard may declare someone as an Outlaw.
III.III Serious Crimes

C. Arson and Damaging of property
Anyone who through fire or any other means, intentionally or unintentionally, damages the property of the town

Guidelines:
Fines 25-50+ Silvers
Banishment for: Good
Jail for: 20+ days
Forced labor - ?
If the perpetrator flees, he should be declared as an outlaw.
Perhaps if one would care to look, Aenarion was doing his job in an appropirate manner, and I have not heard such changes of late by order of the governor or 'Lord', tis' merely been bent by those who would believe to be above the law.

And if you havent figured it out yet, the trees of trolls bane, are, and shall remain property of trolls bane.

Perhaps talks should be made to clear up this whole mess, and not to lose a fine guard of this town, or we may lose others.

~Frederic Deuce Gretchen
Cuthalion

Post by Cuthalion »

This knight system of yours sounds like an interesting book Dantagon, did you write it yourself? You should add the following sentences though: It does not really matter if you are honourable as long as your name is Dantagon Marescot. That is your moto is it not? Titles have always been more important to you than honour. And a fasade of honour more important than doing the right thing. Please do us all a favour and find another name for this group of yours.

Congratulations on getting rid of the last honourable and just guard of Troll's Bane Dantagon.
Dantagon Marescot

Not once did he mention that law, he just said cutting trees. I merely pointed out it was not against the law and that since she did not do something against the law, it is not possible for her to resist arrest.

Aenarion is taking this all to personally. Do I agree that she should not have been chopping trees in town, yes. Do I agree that she should not have insulted you for doing your job, yes. Do I agree that she should be arrested, no. However I do not see why it causes losses to the guard due to disagreement.

Elves make mistakes as much as humans. By no means are they above making mistakes. Mistakes do not cause the guard losses, stubborness and unwillingness to work with the situation do.

Might I mention that Cromwell was once a guard who left because he did not agree with captain of the guard that Siltaris placed in charge.

Sir Dantagon Marescot

P.S. I do not understand why he is so offended over his mistake. Perhaps it would do him well to explain so that anger may be parted from all parties.
Cuthalion

Post by Cuthalion »

If something is unclear, perhaps you should go to the source instead of showing muscles?

This stubborness and unwillingness to work with the situation, who does it come from but you? You were the one who did not meet with me. Cromwell himself wrote that complaints were to be sent to him, or Fooser.
What do you do? You take it public.

As you can now clearly see, I was right all the time and laws were actually broken. I could have told you this to begin with if you had spoken to me. At this point I expect an apology Dantagon. I will soon see it on this parchment if you are truly as honourable as you say. An honourable man admits it when he was wrong.

Aenarion of the Dawn
Dantagon Marescot

Aenarion,

I appologise, I did not see any need to meet with you. And even if I did some days it is near impossible to find people in Bane as it is a rather large city and people have odd sleeping habits. Nothing was ment as a personal attack, but a public opinion.

I still do not see how any laws were broken. Perhaps one can stretch damage to property, but that would be an increadible feat. However this law had not been mentioned when you reported her arrest. If it had been mentioned maybe things would have turned out differently and a war of words would not have broken out.

Perhaps words can still be mended along with your allegence to the guard. You were of course doing your job and I hold no hatred towards you for doing that. However as a knight and a citizen I wish to make sure that laws are upheld correctly. Though laws can not be upheld if guards do not stick around to uphold them. I do hope you reconsiter your leaving of the guard.

I hope you will accept this as a formal appology as I had made a mistake as well.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Citizen of Trolls Bane
Warrior of Bragon
Acolyte of the Flame
Cuthalion

Post by Cuthalion »

You know perfectly well how to contact me by dove Dantagon, and have done so before. As I mentioned Cromwell had told me personally that treecutting was a crime that it was up to the guards to find a fiting punishemnt for. If that is not good enough for you, damage or property is close enough to make sure justice is seen fulfilled. To begin with I only asked her not to cut trees, whereon she insulted me and continued to do so in front of my eyes.

You called me a fool of a man and a fool of a guard Dantagon. This sounds like hatred to me, or at least insults.

Knight Aenarion of the Dawn
Dantagon Marescot

Aye, it was an insult, and I appologise for insulting you. You as well as anyone know that people lose their heads when they grow angry. I appologise for making a mess of things. However I still do not think that the poor lady deserves to sit in jail. I do not agree with her punishment. But it has been revoked by Dain, so it is best if the both of us do not argue over her punishment any more. Instead let us find a way to agree and end this disagreement.

Sir Dantagon Marescot
Knight of Gobaith
Citizen of Trolls Bane
Warrior of Bragon
Acolyte of the Flame
Cuthalion

Post by Cuthalion »

I stand by the punishment I gave her, and will not rejoin the guard. This does not change the fact that I will do my best to defend the good people of Gobaith. I doubt we will ever agree on this Dantagon, however I do agree that we should put and end to this pointless fighting.

Knight Aenarion of the Dawn
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

So by stopping someone from cutting trees (thus earning money), and throwing them in jail, you are protecting them? You have bizarre logic Aenarion.

~A Dead Man~
Joasch Behuel

Post by Joasch Behuel »

I require that the accused come free.
Her offense is not justified this punishment!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ich verlange die sofortige freilassung der Angeklagten,
da ihr Vergehen in keiner weise diese Bestrafung rechtfertigt.

Joasch Behuel
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Enough of this. Guards are men of authority and no single citizen, resident, or
especially outsiders have the right to complain or argue with the Guards, no
matter what the case is, otherwise, the Guards have the right to fine or arrest
those people doing so.

Be it legal or not, right or wrong, a guard's words cannot be disobeyed or
protested against. Only those of higher authorities can.

If this unrightful discussion carries on by those outsiders, I would see it fit
that they are punished or that some action is taken against them.

~ Jorokar Sladrir,
Squire of Gobaith.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

I hope she is free now, too, because the Captain of the guard - Dain Laiden - wrote above that the imprisoning was a mistake!

unsigned
Marie Besani

Post by Marie Besani »

She is not free!
She is sitting in jail...
Nobody has the key...
She sittings there now 3 days...
Please open the doors for her!
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

A concealed object is believed to have been passed to Katarine in a robe from Amadi Yusuf Randal. She refuses to be searched. If this is the case, she has committed the following crimes:
  • Light Offenses:
  • Conspiracy to commit a Crime: It is believed the object is a blackstone or portal.
  • Medium Offenses:
  • Giving false information to Authorities: Both her and Amadi repeatedly deny this.
  • Obstruction of Justice: She refuses to be searched and it is believed that she plans to escape from prison.
  • Disobedience: She refuses to cooperate in any way with this investigation.
I ask permission to take some form of action: I believe a body search is necessary, even if forced, if she plans to escape from prison.

I will wait in the cell with her and one of my students; we watch her until we here news.

Amadi is also in the prison with us; though not in a cell. Should an object be found on her, he will be guilty of the 4 crimes Katarine is potentially guilty of.

~W.E~
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Katarine has been freed on alleged order of Dain Laiden. If this happens to be false, Amadi and Katarine will be in a huge amount of trouble.

~W.E~
Harald Hradradr

Post by Harald Hradradr »

What rights do you have to demand that Elderberry? You are not a Guard, and your student is not a guard as well. You have absolutely no rights to punish her in anyway. You have got no rights to search her for any reason. I do not even know how you could enter the cell since you do not have any jail keys. At least you should not, being not a guard. How, may I ask, did you enter the Jail Mister Elderberry? Did you break in? So, you commit crime by your very own. If you have seen anything tell it a guard. But do not try to make self justice. You shall be punished for doing so.

signed
Harald Hradradr
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I am a guard and I have jail keys since yesterday.

~W.E~