"You play crap rp but..

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Pellandria

"You play crap rp but..

Post by Pellandria »

You got a "bad" char, we protect you."
This seems to be, what the Staff thinks in the last time and seriously its PISSING me off, you can do rp as bad as you want, but hey you got an bad char its allowed to play crap.
Today I encountered yet another stupid abuse of ooc knowledge from the "bad" guys and still they got protected instead of finally punished, no wonder that we got so stupid "Oh I'm so bad, but only when my mood tells me" rp'er, if they see that they can just abuse the system.
I know that we "need" bad chars to give Illa some spice, but seriously I don't have any fun, if people just go around and kill you for no reason at all, I lost things worth of 300 and more silvers in the last few days because I was clouded twice, just because some player thinks its so incredibly funny to kill other people, its time for the staff to actually punish those people, you allready driven away one hell of a player and still nothing happens, the bad guys are allowed to play on without facing consequences.

I know this pretty much sounds like flaming and all the staff will now be "Oh you don't know if they are punished", but I can only say what I know and as far as I know, nothing happend to the "bad guys".
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Re: "You play crap rp but..

Post by Julius »

Pellandria wrote:
I know this pretty much sounds like flaming and all the staff will now be "Oh you don't know if they are punished", but I can only say what I know and as far as I know, nothing happend to the "bad guys".
Then you have no right to think that their statements are not true.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Estralis a gm allready knows who casted inside the libary and its a technical abuse as you cannot see whats inside unless you open the door and all we got was "Find out ig who did it" its just unfair, what happens if a "good" char attacks someoen with an "#me slashes" and lets him no time to react he would surely get some kind of punishment, but its allright for other "bad player" to use forced rp and technical flaws, sure.

Its just stupid that suddendly every one jumps on the "bad guy" train.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

What I find to be the most atrocious thing about this, is the insinuation that Pellandria was a good-aligned character. :P

Seriously though. With the actions your character does (I hope I don't have to remind you of what I talk about) you are lucky not to get clouded even more often. When you are playing a difficult bitch, and especially when you have the tendency to get difficult with the wrong people, there is no surprise involved with the short life-expectancy. This is not to say: everything that is done to Pell is okay and good, but lets not pretend as if part of the blame didn't fall on you as well.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

I have casted the ogres in the library. Why?

[ooc knowledge]

As you know (and your char was there), avalyon gave gryphius an ultimatum to deliver him what he wishes. Maybe you forgot, but I didn't.. the ultimatum expired yesterday (the day that I've put the ogres there). Why did I choose this way of attacking? exactly because no one would know who did it [IC].
Oh btw.. Cromwell is right.. you should be thankfull that PEll doesn't get periodicly clouded, since a lot of people IG hates her guts [especcially avalyon because she defied him]
Any other questions?

[/end of ooc knowledge]

Ca we lock this, after pell answers (or not) so we don't turn it in a good-evil flame war again?

Thank you. *retreats from the stage*
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I'm not saying that I'm good aliged, I'm just saying thats not fair that certain chars, which we just will call "good" as in fact that they don't go around and kill without reason, surely would get punished for things, that a bad char wouldn't get punished for.

I never said that my Char is not without problems, but its strange that I get a warning from a staff member because I was wondering about a rp and asked ooc how the char could know anything from it and other player who play "bad" chars, use forced rp, ignore others rp and kill a char without any ig reason at all, just because it seems that the player felt like doing a "bad" thing.
The caster could have posted a rumour on the boards right, then everything would be allright, because now you could have taken care, instead of walking into a deathtrap.

All I say is that a bad guy with a good and long and constant rp, which leaves time and space to react on actions and such, is allright and shouldn't be punished, but everyone, and now take out the aligment, who does crap rp, attacks someone without time for the the player to react or someone who uses technical flaws, should be punished.
Amira Ranevskaya

Post by Amira Ranevskaya »

Not to try and pick sides, but that is a rather poor placed spot as many players use that as a log in and log out spot because it is safe. I understand that you are pushing for good role play and keeping to your character, but it isn't very much fun for unsuppecting players to log in and possibly be clouded by being in the wrong spot at the wrong time.
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

NOONE - doesn't matter if good or bad char - is allowed to pk or play force rp.

But have a look at this:
Estralis Seborian wrote:violations@illarion.org