Preview and stuff (OOC Feedback topic)

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mr. Cromwell

Preview and stuff (OOC Feedback topic)

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Due to the amount of OOC-interest the temple project has generated, I thought I would share the first draft of it with you guys. The staff was kind enough to let me use the mapeditor for the purpose of planning such things, so without anything else: Here is the version 1.

The wall of the other side is only missing for the purpose of showing you the entire interior. :wink: It is also slightly misplaced, and should be somewhat closer to the seahorse. But that should give a pretty good image of what is being planned. The building materials might change later, cause I'm still figuring out the exact cost of this all. :P

Now, any ideas, comments.. ?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

You can't put torches in yet cos they're not supported, and you use the wrong type of pillars on the bottom bit, but otherwise, cool. Although I wouldn't put a door next to the altar unless it led into a back room.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Actually, I planned to put another altar on the shore.. Lake Adron and all that, you know. :P

Nitters, fix the torches. :wink:
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The torches do not work on the game server and it will take still a long time until they work since a major update of server and client is needed to enable the light support.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

I would remove the eastern door. Only characters who are inside can see it, for others, it will be hidden in the shadows.
Gwendolin Cad'ell

Post by Gwendolin Cad'ell »

I'm a bit confused...

... are we talking about the temple that is going to be led by Dantagon?
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

The problem is that if I want the door to be directly in line with the altar. In that case the entrance has to be NE-SW axis (like now) as there is no nice altar that would be perfectly aligned in NW-SE axis. Space issues might make turning the building other way around a bit.. stupid. Or at least wasteful.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:The problem is that if I want the door to be directly in line with the altar. In that case the entrance has to be NE-SW axis (like now) as there is no nice altar that would be perfectly aligned in NW-SE axis. Space issues might make turning the building other way around a bit.. stupid. Or at least wasteful.
The main problem is that you chose a bad place for it. DEMOLISH THE WORKSHOP xD
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

put the altar to the northeast.
have access from the south west, through the beautifull garden west of the seahorse.
Last edited by Korm Kormsen on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

As far as I know it won't be possible to place the temple any closer to the Seahorse, since there are the shadows of the Seahorse. Even now some parts of the temple will be in the shadow of the second floor of the Seahorse. So, the place for the temple is not very well chosen. (It also destroys the place of the fire camp btw)

A temple - the place of gods (for which gods anyway...) - needs a special location in town in my opinion.
My proposal is to place the whole building further north close to the edge of the lake.

I think the interior of the temple looks nice. Though maybe a bit boring.
Make a room or ladder to a tower. If the whole building would be located in the north you won't hide anything else with that tower.
And do not hide the altair behind a wall!

In sum: Looks nice - improvements needed.

Open questions:
- Why is a new temple building needed at all? (we already have a room in the library)
-Why do you spend materials and efforts in building a not so necessary building while the market place still seems to need some improvements?
-The temple is for which god?
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

My suggestion would be to rotate the temple 180 degrees so the altar is on the other side of the room and the chairs are facing east, then remove the door behind the altar because it will now be on the east side and as Estralis said you can't see the thing like that smithy in Irundar. Then I would make a pathway from the west of the sea horse around the fountain north to the doors of the temple that way you can nice little decoration outside the temple (e.g. statues, columns, etc.) and if you still wanted to do another altar room on the Lake of Adron the space in between there and the temple could be like a miniature courtyard or what not. However, like Will said it might just be in a bad spot, might look better to the north east of bane where those little grave stones are next to that bridge (podium thing).
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

@ Rugh'toh

That altar room in the library is next to worthless, Illarion is suppose to be a world where the gods are worshiped and adored, right now hardly anyone ig worships a god because they have their own thing going on. Without priest or paladin magic ig there is no real benefit of serving the gods that will eventually change. The addition of a temple IMO is needed and will bring only good things to Trolls Bane (e.g. knowledge of the gods to residents & newbs, helping the n00bies with adjusting, giving them shelter, not to mention a new additional RP available to people with a clear purpose including: worshipers, paladins, priests, and even the possibility of templars.)

Also this is just the basic structure as you have already stated it isnt cheap, additions can always be made, and once people are actually RPing using the temple it can be added

As for supplies they are not coming solely from Trolls Bane the knights of Gobaith want to be over the temple. Trolls Bane is by far the richest city on the map they can afford to have a temple and make improvement to the market area :?

All gods so far will be represented.
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Will Moshran be represented?

Also, though I support completely the construction of a new temple, I use the altar-room for worship all the time with my characters. However I agree that the temple will boost amount of Priest RP. Always a good thing. *Waits for the war of religion*
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

OOC feedback: Dantagon changed his mind, not gonna happen in Bane. I have picked a better spot and will get to Edward about it after certian things have played out. I suggest this topic should be locked as it is an ig matter at this point.

Edit: Yes Moshran will be represented.
Last edited by Dantagon Marescot on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

the shrine in the library is for elara, the altarroom for eldan I think.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Moshran yes so far. Non-violent worship ((aka no PKing))
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Also this is just the basic structure as you have already stated it isnt cheap, additions can always be made, and once people are actually RPing using the temple it can be added

As for supplies they are not coming solely from Trolls Bane the knights of Gobaith want to be over the temple. Trolls Bane is by far the richest city on the map they can afford to have a temple and make improvement to the market area
I guess the City of Troll's Bane has enough funds for both, market place and a beautiful temple then?!
Dantagon Marescot

I will repeat again.

The temple is NOT going in Trolls Bane.
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

That means: 'not within the town walls'?
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

yup
Lennier

Post by Lennier »

Everything about location and meaning (for what gods should be prayed there) is ingame matter and should not be discussed here...

If the char Cromwell and his friends want to build their temple, they also can announce it ingame and ask their "citizens" for ideas...if they want.

Apropos: Nice too see. The most bugs of the map in the house of the screenshot are well known by the players here and ready told. :D

Apropos²: We ready have a Eldan-Altar. But thats also not important.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Great, just another building which will be empty and unused most of the time. Sorry, but I'm beginning to think that the numbers of buildings in this games does not match the numbers of players in this game, if you know what I mean.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

I agree.
Lennier, let us start by removing Silverbrand in the next map update. :wink:
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Atleast we have enough space, in other games...sheesh...
Besides that, certain areas are more heavily populated during certain times, more people will be around a campfire during the night, or during winter, then summer.
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:I agree.
Well, I know what you mean, but Silverbrand is used every day and is the home of a lot of dwarves.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Mr. Cromwell wrote:I agree.
Give Caelum all your money, we will use our buildings xD
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

HolyKnight wrote:Moshran yes so far. Non-violent worship ((aka no PKing))
WOAH! I advise you all to read moonsilver. There would never ever be a place of worship that is the same for the Gods in the Pantheon of Light, and The Dark Pantheon of evil Gods. Think about this realistically.

Good Gods: Love, Friendship, Hugs
Evil Gods: Blood, Sacrafices, Poking people in the eyes
Dantagon Marescot

There is a difference between blood sacrifices by fellow worshipers of that god and pking others.
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Yes, but look I will make this easy.

God of Good-Are happy together
Gods of Evil-Are happy together
Gods of Good and Evil-Are not happy at all together. It would be considered blasphemy to have different worshippers in the same temple.

You do not see Satanists in a pentecostal church worshiping the devil
Dantagon Marescot

Christianity is bais, that is why. Go to a unitarian church and you will find a huge mix of people there. Catholic, prodistant, pagans, satanists, lesbian ministers, and a whole slew of people that you don't think should get along. Don't like it, don't go.