"Search function" for the chronicles.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

:)

"Search function" for the chronicles.

Post by :) »

I've been reading through the chronicles on the website, and it'd be nice if you can add in a search function.. I'd like to search about a certain character, but it's kind of hard to read the whole 50 pages..
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

A search function is currently not possible since the content of the cronicle is not written in the database but in dozens of files ( the files you open. Its just written plain into the php files ). Its close to impossible to perform a good search in a acceptable time on all these files.

In far future, the chronic will be reworked to a database based system. Then its possible to perform searches.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Just ctrl f and type in the name, then repeatedly change page and click "next" on the search function. Easiest with firefox as it carries on the search over pages. It's not ideal but it works.
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

Besides the CTR+F "trick" there is now the Illapedia which hopefully will contain all information from the different locations. Check it out (and help)!
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

You may also try to search your keyword and something like 'Illarion' or/and 'chronicle' behind it in Google. Worked for me once.