Announcements of Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mr. Cromwell

Announcements of Trollsbane

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Greetings

The city of Trollsbane is seeking to employ a scholar. Further details regarding payment and what we want are available by inquiry.

What We Expect:
Ability to produce high-quality text in the new tongue
The necessary will to travel and explore
Keen interest in plants, flowers and herbs

The ability to write in old tongue is seen as a bonus, but is not necessary.

At the moment, we are only interested in hiring one scholar. More of similar offers may be made in the future. The one person will be chosen on the basis of your applications.

I wait for your doves. The application time will end in four dwarven days.

Governor Cromwell

((This is a chance to make some coin by roleplaying, cooperating with others and writing stuff down. Not many such chances for certain types of characters, so please do take advantage.:wink: The application will be open till sunday 23.00 (human time->) GMT +2))
Last edited by Mr. Cromwell on Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Felicitations to the esteemed Governor of the fair, and free collective habitation known as TrollsBane, of the Archipeligo of Gobiath

I seek gainful employment and esteem to your personage through service to the Fair residents of your city as 'scholar'.

My qualifications: I have only recently arrived upon this Isle after having journeyed exactly 12 days and 3.45 hours from the Kingdom of Albar, in which I served in a judicious manner as Chief researcher and cartogropher of the King's private collective works within his country estate at Albarucia, in the county of Allarton. It was my glorious duty to collect, research, catagorize, record and itemize various known facts, data, census, snippits and maps for his highness to peruse upon his visits. I served in this capacity for a meager 27 years. The position was well-regarded and I have left only recently in a matter of personal business, of which may be resolved through employment and patronage of your personage.

I eagerly await your expeditious and hopefully affirmative response.

I will be patently available in your 'Library' upon confirmation of your desire for an interview, examinations or other such needs of assessment.

With sincere and thankful expressions,
Inscribed,
~Perrilynn Appalachia Primrose Asmurf
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement!

Citizen Fooser has accepted the position as the High Judge of Trollsbane!

Governor Cromwell
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

I believe I am the ONLY candidate well-versed in writing to be a scholar. I use to be a poet! I do have an interest in sibanac and I can travel very far with my legs.

Now I am an Astral Bard.

Brer Beothach the Astral Bard
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

I do not think any of these people deserve the position of scholar if they can not even read. Governor Cromwell's instructions were simple, send him doves. Not to post idiotically upon the boards for all to see. If I had my way you both would be disqualified.

~Richard Martins~
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

You clearly missed the true meaning of my post. Do not mind to respond unless you truly understand.

Brer Beothach the Astral Bard
Tuatha De Oldrann

Post by Tuatha De Oldrann »

Felicitations Richard Martins,

In my previous posting, it was understood that qualifications in a timely manner were necessary according to the esteemed Governor's instructions. I freely admit that I chose to respond to the advertisement for position in a written format, disregarding the reliance upon a fowl of uncertain action. As you may well know that due to the influence of the Heavenly body of Betel, and the conjunction of Libris and Doe in the second triurnary quandrant of the evening sky, 'doves' and other fowl of the air may be unreliable, as the forces I have just described tend to persuade a fowl off of it's chosen flight plans.
I could not therefore guarantee, that if I had conveyed a message by 'dove', that it would safely arrive at it's appointed destination. This possible patronage of the Governor of Trollsbane is of utmost importance to me to rely upon a fowl whose brain is smaller than my fifth digit, precisely 0.13 cubits.
I trust my explanation was satisfactory, and not explicitly verbose (I can become verbose in my reports and publications) for that was not my intention. Only to inform, explain, elaborate and expound upon my reasons for posting my meager resume upon this same written interface in which the Governor also had contrived to create for this purpose.

Felicitous apologies and a prosperous rendezvous in the future,
~Perrilynn Appalachia Primrose Asmurf
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Cliu Beothach wrote:I use to be a poet!
Correction:

"I used to be a poet!"

~W.E~
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

William, don't post unless you truly understand the meaning!

Brer Beothach
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

The Citizenship list, as well as the Status-Classes have been made public!

The Government will seek to review each dual-citizenship case individually in the near future. The people mentioned in the new citizenship list should consider the roles they wish to have in the militia, or whether or not they wish to join the guard instead.

Governor Cromwell
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

Me not on citzen list.
Me no more citzen?
Me no more guard?

-oink-
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Greetings citizens of Trollsbane,

now there is a new governor and as promised our shops are open again.
Feel free to come and buy, like you were used to do it.

Eliza,
in the name of the Traders of Trollsbane.
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

Regulations have been added to the "Laws and Regulations"-section!

Governor Cromwell
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement!
The Citizen-List has been updated!

Trollsbane announces its plans to name all the streets of the City!
Additionally, each present and future house will be given a permanent adress according to the name of the street! Citizens are given the opportunity to propose names for streets, squares and roads!

Governor Cromwell
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

Nitram wrote:Greetings citizens of Trollsbane,

now there is a new governor and as promised our shops are open again.
Feel free to come and buy, like you were used to do it.

Eliza,
in the name of the Traders of Trollsbane.

Morgan scheint es noch nicht mitbekommen zu haben.
Rosendil
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

Hey, Govner!

Me was citzen and guard.
Why me no more citzen ann' no more guard?

Oink
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Who are you..?

Lord Cromwell
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

I believe he goes by "Piggie" he was a guard for some time.

~Dain~Laiden~
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

Surdar was jailed and fined for arson.

Governor Cromwell
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

Völlig lächerlich!

Wie ich Euch bereits erklärt habe, war es ein Unfall.
Das städtische Lagerfeuer breitete sich plotzlich, aus unerklärlichen Gründen aus. Das Feuer wurde nicht absichtlich gelegt. Ich kann weitere Zeugen bringen, aber es scheint ja, dass Ihr an der echten Wahrheit nicht interessiert seid.

Surdar war einer derjenigen, der geholfen hat, den Brand zu löschen!

Ist das die Art wie der neue Governor in Zukunft zu handeln pflegt?

Rosendil

===

Completely absurd.

As I already told you, it was an accident.
The towns campfire suddenly spreaded. The reason is unknown.
I can tell other witnesses, but you didnt seem to be interested in the real truth.

Surdar was one of those who also helped to kill the fire.

Is that the new style of our new governemt?

Rosendil
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement
-The official Reply of Trollsbane in regards to the unfounded concerns of Rosendil-

Mister Rosendil

If you were not such a gibbering idiot, you hold your mouth before uttering yet another stupidity. Surdar was arrested for a second, unrelated incident which occurred later. Ciryon and Suteki were witnesses of his confession.

He plead guilty to Arson and did not to object the punishment. Unlike some other idiots here.

Lord Cromwell
Bellringer

Post by Bellringer »

Apparently the Governor procured a confession as to the second fire from him.
The first is still a mystery, however I believe that the wind blew the fire, nothing more.

~Anthony Carthusiana, Secti.
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

Mister Cromwell,

wenn dem so ist wie Ihr erklärt, dann wäre es in Zukunft angebracht, den Grund für die Verhaftungen unzweideutig anzugeben.

Denkt nicht, dass Euch Eure Beleidigungen mehr Respekt und Autorität einbringen.

Rosendil

===

Mister Cromwell,

if this reason is as you declared, than it would be appropriate in the future, that the reason for an imprisonment is unambigously declared.

Your indignities will not raise your authority and the respect the citizens of Gobaith will tribute to you.

Rosendil
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement
-The official Reply of Trollsbane in regards to the unfounded concerns of Rosendil-

Mister Rosendil

I decide what is appropriate and what is not. The reason for the imprisonment was unambiguously declared. He was jailed for arson.

I do not feel the need to explain the exact details of each jailing in-depth for every peasant that might interrupt picking his nose to ask.

You personally, have openly been against me and attempted to hinder me in every possible way. You reap what you sow. Do not expect much cooperation or niceness from my part before you make a complete turnaround yourself.

Governor Cromwell
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

Julius Rothman is given the ownership of the arena. The contract will be added shortly.

We all look forward to see many events being held there.

Governor Cromwell
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

Governor Cromwell,

The arena was an issue I'd have sooner or later wished to discuss about. There have been some confusing matters regarding the arena, and it concerned myself as well. I would have liked and still wish to clear these matters with you, now that Troll's Bane has you as the new governor.

Therefore, I'd like to meet you possibly later to discuss this affair, hopefully clearing all ambiguities that I have seen in the last months.

I hope this will be considered.

With regards,

~Jorokar Sladrir
Page of Gobaith
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

Dain Laden
has been appointed as the Captain of the Guard. Together with myself, Sir Dantagon and a Lieutenant who will be appointed later he shall focus on the defense of the town and build a functioning guard. I believe that he has the qualities of a person who makes the best captain for a town such as trollsbane.

I know that the decision will be a controversial one, but luckily this is no popularity contest. I ask all citizens to give their support for Captain Laden, as he works for your best. The plentiful opinions of non-citizens are irrelevant in regards to the matter, and for the sake of your own convenience I hope that you accept the state of affairs as quickly as possible.

Regards,
Governor Cromwell
Julius
Location: My religion is better then the one Alex taunts you to join! Update: Alex secretly worships me.

Post by Julius »

Congratulations Dain. You seem fit for the job despite past offenses.

With best regards,
Julius Rothman
Owner of the Arena!
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

An Announcement

The parchment for the Town Guard and Militia have been written. I strongly urge each citizen to read it as soon as possible.

Governor Cromwell
Piggy

Post by Piggy »

Govner,

Yoo still forgot to put the name Piggy on citzen's list ann on guard's list.

oink