New player ID

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mr. Cromwell

New player ID

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Abcee-fantacee wrote:Problem is, how would they now if they're brand new crafters?
I've been pondering about that too. I think it would be a good idea to have the first character of each new account to have an (N) or some other such tag on the name to help with the identification. Playing a character who is quite often an asshole to others, that would be a good way of not being one to the wrong people. The sign could disappear after two to four online hours. That way we could determine quicker if there is need for OOC or IC help and the bad people could avoid scaring away the wrong people by accident.

Whaddya think?
Cecil de Yovenn

Post by Cecil de Yovenn »

I think that's actually a good idea, I have the same fears often.
Rosendil Manufakturen

Post by Rosendil Manufakturen »

good idea.
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

Yeah, I like it.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

about the asshole thing you meen like having a tag like, "The Village Idiot" on them instead of someone?...still its a good idea :)
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

I like the idea a lot as well and would appreciate to see the realization IG.
Guir Rabenflügel

Post by Guir Rabenflügel »

Ashayen wrote:I like the idea a lot as well and would appreciate to see the realization IG.
me too
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Save the n00bs!
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me.
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

N for Lulz0rnub
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

Ohh! Lets write n00b above their head so they can't see it any everyone else can!

He he jk. I like the idea. :D
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

Lrmy wrote:Ohh! Lets write n00b above their head so they can't see it any everyone else can!
I agree fully with Lrmy...except for the joking part.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

Ashayen wrote:I like the idea a lot as well and would appreciate to see the realization IG.
I agree regarding this, it would be productive and mildly amusing.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

I agree aswell, I like this idea a lot.
Llama

Post by Llama »

The only problem I can see with this, is bandits who pick on n00bs on purpose, just because they know they have no fighting skills...

Otherwise its a good idea, I'm positive it was suggested before, and I can't remember why it was shot down.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

It is planned that new players start on a seperated island, a newbie island. There, it is obvious who is new...

What I have thought about: How about just tagging the newbies on the online player list, not ingame? This can be achieved without much effort I assume while modifying the name in the client could be quite some effort. What do you say, how many ingame hours does newbie need not to count as newbie anymore? 10?

Also, I don't think only the very first character of an account should be newbie-tagged. Many players use to create many characters in the very first days, to check out the races or realizing that the intended role does not work out in Illarion.

Edit:
The only problem I can see with this, is bandits who pick on n00bs on purpose, just because they know they have no fighting skills...
If this happens ever, drop me a note and we will see what breaking two rules (1, 9, maybe even 6) results in. *swings the ban hammer*.
Last edited by Estralis Seborian on Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

wolfsword wrote:about the asshole thing you meen like having a tag like, "The Village Idiot" on them instead of someone?...still its a good idea :)

He's saying tag the noob, not the idiot.
Enwell van Illdoran

Post by Enwell van Illdoran »

tag the idiots as well! *tags alex* :P

no but seriously, i like the idea a lot. would like to see that realisation ingame.

@ Estralis:

Yeah i heard about the Newbie Island. But there is no reason why this couldn't be useful anyway. I mean newbie-island is like.. Training Day..
But when the player gets on gobaith its on, he will find himself inside the living world of illarion and roleplay. So the newbie island wont keep him from leaving this game quickly again after meeting his first "IG Asshole".

Furthermore i think just tagging them on the online list is not very useful, because, speaking for myself, i dont really look at it, while being ingame.

So tagging their ID for a short period of time might be the more efficient solution.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Okay, I guess my opinions are right on this place.

A brand new player tells me that he have a little problem which players who not introduce herself ( names / or #i ). He just said its not so nice to play with numbers, or a bit toilsome.

This coincide with Crommy's Idea.

To see here is a new player and give them your Char name seems important for the new player to feel welcome and to feel comfortable, as long as he struggle with the handling of our game.

So I really suggest or wish that we all working for new ones if they really interested and willing to play here.

My two cents ...