Proposal Board

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kaila Galathil Travinus

Proposal Board

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

I know this was just implemented not too long ago, but the board seems like an important part of the game and something everyone on Illarion that plays should be able to read and understand. Even those proposals turned down IMO are important. This will also help when someone has another idea, they can view what was posted previously.

Because this is so important to all players, I would like to propose that the posts to be in both languages so everyone can read them. If some are (like me) unable to post in both, could possibly a volunteer offer to help?

It also seems to me that a multilanguage game....two main languages mainly.... should require some boards to be in both languages in order to welcome and encourage all PO's. This is also to help those PO's who do not understand English.
Last edited by Kaila Galathil Travinus on Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Bureaucracy has often been one of many things that strangles Illarion to death both internally and externally.

Bürokratie war oft eines der vielen Dinge die Illarion zu Tode erdrosselten, intern so wie extern.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The problem is often that some can't express the their proposals in the other language.

For me its sometimes hard to say what i want to say in english. A few volunteer who care for translations would be good. And everyone is free to do this ( who is able ). But i wouldn't determine one or two special persons who have to do this allways.

That wouldn't work really long.

Nitram

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Das Problem ist das man oft in der anderen Sprache die Vorschläge nicht richtig ausdrücken kann.

Für mich ist es manchmal schwer in englisch das zu sagen was ich möchte. Ein peer Freiwillige die sich um die Übersetzungen kümmern wären wohl gut. Allerdings würde ich dazu keine bestimmten Personen auswählen die das immer machen.

Das würde nicht sehr lange funktionieren.

Nitram
Ambrosine

Post by Ambrosine »

This may not work for everyone...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

typing in the address of the forum I want to read usually works for me. It's not all that great, but it gives me a general idea of what other people are saying.

*shrugs* It may only be temporary, but it helps.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I suggest, before its locked, there is a small explanation of what the proposal is about, there's no need for detail.

Example:

NOT ACCEPTED: It was proposed that fairies should have megaawesome super powers and stuff like that
-
[german goes here]
======
Rosendil

Post by Rosendil »

Nitram and Hadrian_Abela, excuse me, but I think Kaila did not mean the "proposal board" only ... but the complete forums, where players have access to. RPG and Player forum seem most important for me.
Kaila Galathil Travinus

Post by Kaila Galathil Travinus »

I actually meant the proposal board Rosendil but would LOVE the others also if possible. :D
Llama

Post by Llama »

Rosendil wrote:Nitram and Hadrian_Abela, excuse me, but I think Kaila did not mean the "proposal board" only ... but the complete forums, where players have access to. RPG and Player forum seem most important for me.
*reads topic title*

:)
Lrmy

Post by Lrmy »

The PO was actually getting at anything OOC that might be important. This forum just happens to be a focus of ideas and important information that people that speak other languages may have their own ideas about. The PO told me so themselves in MSN.
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:I suggest, before its locked, there is a small explanation of what the proposal is about, there's no need for detail.

Example:

NOT ACCEPTED: It was proposed that fairies should have megaawesome super powers and stuff like that
-
[german goes here]
======
This would work nicely for me.