Questions/Problems New Crafting System

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Wu

Questions/Problems New Crafting System

Post by Wu »

Alright just one thing to report and a question.

Report: I bought a portal book to Greenbriar when I logged on after the update now all it says is magic book and it wont open a portal. Bug?

Question: Why did elvensilversteel get turned into silver, and the Salkamaerian Officer's armor didnt?
Thomas Greenbottom

Post by Thomas Greenbottom »

What does the skill 'backing' do? It's under the crafting section and I was just wondering. Thanks!
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

Its Baking.
Dash

Post by Dash »

where exactlu can we craft wood? it says i can't craft here in town. Out of tone? Haven't tried, too laggy.
Ortrud

Post by Ortrud »

Ich habe da mal ne Frage:

Wollte eben Glas machen, habe auch kapiert, das ich das jetzt erst schmelzen muß. Aber wenn ich das Blasrohr in die Hand nehme und benzutzen will, heißt es immer, ich muß das Glasblasrohr in die Hand nehmen, habe ich doch schon! ?

Ist das ein Bug oder ist Ortrud wieder mal zu Dummerle?
Dash

Post by Dash »

and you can't seem to get branches, at least now with the saw
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Dash there is only one crafting table I know of and that is on Tol Vanima that is the only way you can craft carpentry items now. And to get branches you have to cut a tree down and you will get branches. I tried to cut a cherry tree but stood there for 10 mins cutting and it wouldnt fall so I went and cut an apple tree and got 32 logs and some new bough branches so I think that is how you get them.
Ortrud

Post by Ortrud »

All my axes disappeared and the npc at the grey rose wouldn´tt sell one!
Where can i get a new axe?
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

I tried cooking sausages. I had to refill the bucket after each sausage ( very frustrating ) and when I tried eating one I got a message saying I couldn't use unfinished items. I tried recooking the same sausages and ended up with more unfinished sausages, though I had no pork on hand. Two unfinished sausages turned into five unfinished sausages. Anyone else try it yet?

@Ortrud : I bought a hatchet from Timo in Greenbriar.
Timo also had a couple items that look cooking related but were labelled "unknown" so I couldn't figure out how to buy them and try them out.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

:shock: this whole system is very strange I have been cutting this same tree for 4 mins now. that is 12 illa mins on one tree

@Ortrud come and take the portal to silverbrand that is where I had to go to get a hatchet so come and hack trees with me. Oh and so far I have had to use 2 food potions and havent knocked the tree down :shock: :x My character has no skill in lumberjacking yet but.......er he has plenty of strength *sighs*
Fianna Heneghan

@ HolyKnight : That happened to me, too. I stood in front of a tree and seemed to do nothing but starve. I did eventually end up with my logs and branches, but Fianna was really hungry after. And if I can't cook...
Gro'bul

Re: Questions/Problems New Crafting System

Post by Gro'bul »

Wu wrote: Question: Why did elvensilversteel get turned into silver, and the Salkamaerian Officer's armor didnt?
You must have been wearing or carrying the salk officer's. My worn silversteel didn't turn, but every armor that was in the depot did.
Ganon Harper

Post by Ganon Harper »

I downed one in a few chops but the skill is almost yellow.
Fianna Heneghan

Ganon Harper wrote:I downed one in a few chops but the skill is almost yellow.
Fianna's lumberjacking skill is also nearly yellow. Could it be related to strength or other attributes? 'Cause she's a hungry girl and a weakling.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

fianna,

did you try to smoke your unfinished saucage?
like we did with pigs ham?
Fianna Heneghan

Korm,

That was such a good idea that I logged back in to try it. Unfortunately, I get the same message saying I can't use unfinished items. I tried at the smoking oven in the Greenbriar tavern. So...that's a no.
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

mm.. speaking of bugs...

i re-labeled the old finished bags (from before update) since most of them are empty now.... and i get a 29% bag in return... which is unfinished item now... and can't be use...
Fianna Heneghan

@ Ogerawa : I noticed some of my bags retain their labels while others have the labels scrambled. Could it be related to item quality?
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

I figured out the sausage finally.

First, you make your 'sausage 50%'. Then, with pork and unfinished sausages in your belt (water not required at this stage thankfully) you use the spoon 'with' the unfinished sausage and you finish the work.

What happened to 'fewer clicks'?

So, basically, where you used to get 2 sausage from 1 pork, now you get 1 sausage from 2 pork with about 3 times as many clicks and much more walking around. -.-
ogerawa

Post by ogerawa »

Fianna Heneghan wrote:@ Ogerawa : I noticed some of my bags retain their labels while others have the labels scrambled. Could it be related to item quality?
mm.. nope... more like... from finished item turns into unfinished item... the % is mm.. something to tell us that's it's unfinished...

bags don't have quality to begin with anyway..... and the one that turns into unfinished are empty bags....
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Eli cut trees just fine and got 32 logs from one apple tree. But if you are just starting out >BAH< forget it my other character couldnt even dent a tree :evil:
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Ah HAH! If you have TWO slots open on your belt, instead of one for the sausage to go into, you will 'continue the work' automatically and get a complete sausage.
Thomas Greenbottom

Uhh... Tom went chopping on an apple tree and got 119 logs plus branches. Is that a bug?
Last edited by Thomas Greenbottom on Wed May 09, 2007 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

no I dont think it is a bug. I think that the cutting trees now is equated with a lot of different skills. Because I am nearly positive that your lumberjacking skills are not as good as mine. So I think strength and dexterity play a bigger role.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

my woodcutter, with lumbering more yellow, than green and an excellent new hatchet used one and a half green bar of hunger, not to be able, to cut a naldor tree. (which is called a scoundrel pine now)
now i concentrate on making saucages. while he went with his single bucket to fetch water, the fire went out.
because he got not much wood in reserve, i think, he will starve.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

This does seem to be a big problem HUNGER!!!! Please help my yellow bar goes so quick :cry:
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

I did notice that I was eating most of my sausages I made to maintain my hunger... uhm. That doesn't seem to make much sense.
Thomas Greenbottom

So, I assume need to be at the carpentry table in order to turn the logs into boards?
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

since when can a halfling carry 119 pieces of wood???

seems, that a lot of things changed.
Thomas Greenbottom

Nah, I carried it in 3 different handfuls!