Mage mentors

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kiskiyhimo

Mage mentors

Post by Kiskiyhimo »

Are any available that would take a literate and patient student? :) I've been looking for a little while and it would be nice to acquire one. Thanks!
Juniper Onyx
Master NPC Scripter

Post by Juniper Onyx »

Yeah, take a number....

I have number "1245"

.....and I think they are now serving number "7"....

Hehehehe!!!!!
Kiskiyhimo

Post by Kiskiyhimo »

I'd laugh if that were funny. :roll:
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Kiskiyhimo wrote:I'd laugh if that were funny. :roll:
well most of them have 3 students but some still have free places. look in the magic academy thread in the guild forum to see who teaches and ask ig :)
Kiskiyhimo

Post by Kiskiyhimo »

Thanks very much. :D
Asesino

Post by Asesino »

no problem :)
Athian

Post by Athian »

If only you were a battlemage, i have openings that need filling.
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

>.<'' I wanted to create a battlemage for a long time now, but when I wrote a dove to you, in which he asked you for a meeting, where he could tell you his motivations and everything, you never answered :cry:
Athian

Post by Athian »

This doesn't say whine to PO Athian thread on it last time i checked. Don't make me get my whipping stick, I'll get to everyone eventually, but half of you are going to quit anyway when you realize exactly how unsupported (system wise) your characters will be. I admit it's very fun to play a warlok or battlemage...after about as worth of skilling that is :wink:
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Get in queue, simply.
Taeryon Silverlight

Post by Taeryon Silverlight »

Athian wrote:This doesn't say whine to PO Athian thread on it last time i checked. Don't make me get my whipping stick, I'll get to everyone eventually, but half of you are going to quit anyway when you realize exactly how unsupported (system wise) your characters will be. I admit it's very fun to play a warlok or battlemage...after about as worth of skilling that is :wink:
well, I allready play Taeryon, who's a mage (apprentice of duchan) and I didn't quit for about *uhm* 5 months now? I don't care about a lagging system as long as I can rp a mage :P
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Athian wrote:This doesn't say whine to PO Athian thread on it last time i checked. Don't make me get my whipping stick, I'll get to everyone eventually, but half of you are going to quit anyway when you realize exactly how unsupported (system wise) your characters will be. I admit it's very fun to play a warlok or battlemage...after about as worth of skilling that is :wink:
High str, con, int, ess. Low everything else.

Uber warlock ;)
Athian

Post by Athian »

wrong
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Athian wrote:wrong

Not really. The magic would be easily powerful to beat a fighter, the fighter's hits wouldn't do huge amounts of damage, the strength would be easily powerful enough to beat a mage, the mage's magic wouldn't do huge amounts of damage.
Athian

Post by Athian »

I love how you have no idea what your talking about Will. Believe me there are a half dozen holes in your thoery right now. Mainly due to the fact that you know very little about the actual systems involved.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Athian wrote:I love how you have no idea what your talking about Will. Believe me there are a half dozen holes in your thoery right now. Mainly due to the fact that you know very little about the actual systems involved.
Sure, your dodge and parry will suck. Sure your mana bar will suck. Sure you'll take forever to walk across things. But ultimately a strong fighter could easily defeat a mage as long as he could survive the magic blows. The essence allows that. A mage can easily kill a warrior as long as he could survive the blows, but the constitution allows enough time to cast the spells required.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Will just cut out your nonsense. Its not like i haven't been doing this role for years now or anything, far be it for me to have any idea what i'm talking about.

Frankly for your first one dodge and parry are important in leather armor, also since you don't even have a character that can cast anything larer then an illusion you have no idea exactly how much mana the better spells will use. Thusly i'll tell you have a tiny mana level is not wise. Also lacking willpower will mean lacking spell strenght, thusly even those with the slightest magic resistance will give you trouble.

there are about a dozen more things that would suck with your thoery and ive figured most of them out through the good old trial and error way. guess all you like, but anyone whom is serious about actually playing the role should send me a PM i can offer advice of course