Race specific abilities

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Elaralith

Race specific abilities

Post by Elaralith »

To add to the roleplaying atmosphere, perhaps since the "class system" has not been initiated, for now we could through the skill system have race specific abilities. For example, a dwarf being a dwarf is naturally better with metals than say a human. Going from that what I propose is that a player who plays a dwarf character could have his/her skill bar in say blacksmithing be able to go farther than a human blacksmith persay and possibly be able to smith more advanced items as well. This could go for all the races...elf has a possibility of having a longer skill bar in archery, halfling being able to be more skilled in peasantry etc.etc.

Thank you for reading! Tell me what you think.
Roke

Post by Roke »

Something similar has been proposed before...
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

@Roke Please post in discussion abuut this only...I am quite aware that their is a chance that this post has been posted before. But I am getting quite tired of proposing and being met by the same reply all the time "this has been posted before"...So would it be better if everyone kept their mouths shut about everything and have very little proposed because it has all had something similiar to something that was posted ages past?
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Please calm down. The thing is that people are getting tired of discussing the same things over and over too. So there is actually a point in looking for older threads with the same topic and adding your own arguments there.
Mishrack

Post by Mishrack »

Have a look at This
Caranthir the great

Post by Caranthir the great »

Yes mish, that was the topic I found after about ten searches.

..also exaggerating towards 'This has been discussed before' is bad.

Soon people are afraid to post any suggestions because someone will shout 'HA! I remember this was discussed a year ago! Useless topic!'
This goes especially to us older players, now do not take me wrong, ten topics on the same matter are annoying, but please avoid the exaggerating! :roll:
Roke

Post by Roke »

Hmm, it was race specific items. Sorry Elaralith, I thought that there was a topic discussing abilities.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

Specific race skills was talked about before too, it was pretty much in the back of the their minds since the beginning of development like the race specific items. Feel free to discuss about it, but I think such an idea would have been implemented already, if there wasn't some kind of obstacle this whole time. Although since development is moving along faster nowadays, maybe they can do it.
Elaralith

Post by Elaralith »

@Adano When things are discussed again more a different perspective and in another time new good ideas often pop up in discussion!
@Mishrack Race Specific Weapons interesting...
@Caranthir My point exactly!
@Roke It's OK...sorry I got kind of frustrated. Just people always saying "this has been posted before" really gets on one's nerves you know?
@Dyluck I do hope they can do it.
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Sure. But this can also be done in the other thread. Or another possibility is to make a new one, where you do not only post your own ideas, but also links to older threads where this had been discussed before. Zhis way everybody can see that someone has looked into the topic before posting this and also see the old arguments before they bring up thoughts that have been discussed thoroughly before.