QUARANTÄNE in Trollsbane // QUARANTINE in Trollsbane

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

Redemption is the only way. Your selflessness is but an act, touching this parchment is enough to spread this divine disease! You are not so innocent!
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Fools.. Burning the corpse only led to the faster spreading of the disease rather than contain it. Do you use your heads?

~ Avalyon
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

If this was a punishment from the gods, then does that mean that all of the members of the Occulte Noctournalis are infected?

~Unsigned~
Atuan Silverheart

Post by Atuan Silverheart »

Dear Miss Siltaris.

What you have said doesn't change the fact that the man was brutaly murdered. Sick or not, danger or not, he still got the right to live like we do all. What would happen now? Would a mass extermination of the sick persons be ordered? This is unacceptable as it is inhuman and against the god's good will.
Who are we to judge that a man lived his life and it is time for him to embrace Cherga? Who are we to hold the executioner's axe over the man's head stiking it in cold blood?
Think that we may have the same unfortunate fate as that man and have the disease deform us and eat us from the inside. Would we not seek for help? Would we not seek for mercy? Who would show us mercy if we haven't?
A man has died, killed by the mere presumption that this action can stop the illness from spreading. The man has died in vain and the gods want justice.

Justice shall be served. May Zhambra have mercy on our dark souls.
~Sir Atuan Silverheart, High Paladin
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

The man has died because he attacked in his rage and sickness innocents. Please read more carefully what she wrote.

~Lady Samantha Meryadeles~
Miru

Post by Miru »

having need of rest i took it......what do i wake to..hmm this will not endear me to those guilty...... but i have lost my beloved so i dont give a cows moo

do i hear or read of fine works being done to help the ones in need, only one suggests findinding a cure..and no offer to help there

what do i see and hear mostly personal ambitions , political ramblings some needed defence that should not have been required till after the threat was over.......in general all that is sad to most of the comman folk

some may not like this posting ...odds are that they are the ones that should feel its sting .....i am just sad that those that do and are helping have to read some of the prior posts

Miru Yukimitsu
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

The feces of the Magenta Trolls is much more potent than I expected! Must be all those sweat socks of yours that he eats!

~Brer Beothach~
Liberator of Gold
Mother of all Ashes
Prancer of the Magenta Troll
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

Azuros wrote:If this was a punishment from the gods, then does that mean that all of the members of the Occulte Noctournalis are infected?

~Unsigned~
Aye, most likely.

None, no matter how deep they hide, can keep themselves from the gods' wrath! Those aflicted, should not huddle in the camp, waiting for some mortal cure, but should head to their deities shrine and pray, pray that they can redeem their sins. Only the gods can lift this curse!
Devlon

Post by Devlon »

It seems to me that those of us who are well need to take action against whatever is causing this plague. I motion that all available non-exposed cloth be brought to the lighthouse. We can wet the cloth with boiled water and tie it around our faces to help prevent the spread of the disease. Then, those of us who can need to venture into the swamp, in arms mind you, and find whatever is causing this illness. Bring whatever potions or supplies you can. This is a matter of crisis for the whole of Gobiath and so none shall be turned away. This may be our only hope.

Artirius Pendragon

~attaches the note and turns heading for the lighthouse~
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

If someone were to walk by the parchment, they would find a man clothed in a white robe and hood, a Wolf head carved from wood attached to his arm with leather, reading the parchment with a chuckle. It would seem odd that someone could laugh at a subject, but he writes down a note and places it on the board

Unsigned writter, If your so called wrath of the gods, is what it is. Then by no means am I to get infected. Nor should have any of my brethren. We are wolves, The Warriors of Malachin himself. We are divine intervension. However, some of the wolves have become sick with your so called, Wrath of the Gods. Your theory proven wrong, I suggest you write no more.

There are those of us who are closer to the God we follow than you can ever be. In our viens run wolf's blood, and with that, we shall protect our master to the very last breath. Do not defile our name with your petty squabble, heretic. Or it will be your last.

Young Wolf

The man turns and starts walking away from the board, on his back is a shield, blue and silver, shinning with brighter light than the sun it's self. It's entire construction, and upkeep is perfect, there is nothing relishing the face of this shield. At his side, Aristeaus' sword hilt can be seen in a new sword sheath, On it, A Roaring wolf wraps around all the way to the open mouth of the sheath.
Atuan Silverheart

Post by Atuan Silverheart »

With all due respect Lady Meryadeles, you should get your information right. The man did not attack, he desperatly lunged towards the crowd, begging for mercy, for Zhambra's sake!

This shall not be frogiven nor forgotten. Sice this happened on Trolls Bane soil, I make a urge upon you to make your duty as magistrate and not dismiss a crime just because it was made by a respected person.
Remeber! No one is above law. A crime was commited and the guilty shall be judged.
Should you fail to do so, the paladins will take over the case and I personaly swear to you, that we shall have no limit in severity if he will be found guilty.

Zhambra have mercy on our corrupted and hypocrite souls.

~Sir Atuan Silverheart, High Paladin.
Ereaes

Post by Ereaes »

These are not the times to blame anyone of anything. Many lives, including my own, are as of this moment still at risk. Spend less time fighting over who is to blame and working more toward solving this problem.

Silverheart, this plague spread quickly and without mercy, had i been in the situation Dij or Siltaris were in, i would have done the same in an instant. Regrettably the plague still made its way about town. I myself as Evan Ross, became infected by trying to stop a lad who was willingly trying to spread the plague on others by coughing blood on them and running after them. If the paladins attempt to try Dij or Siltaris, you will find that i will be standing by their side, that is if i survive this illness.

Revlen
NirAntae

Post by NirAntae »

Maggie reads through all the notes on the board, but her face pales as she reaches the last one, closing her eyes tightly, before pinning up one herself

People of Gobiath,

I wish to reiterate the announcement made by my Deputy Gryphius. Any those who feel they are not safe in their home in Troll's Bane during this crisis are welcome in Varshikar, lodging and food to be provided, so long as they show no signs of illness.

Furthermore, I beg you all not to waste energy squabbling over the circumstances of how this began, but instead to seek a cure for those infected. Time may be crucial, and their survival may hang on how swiftly we can find an answer. If any blame is to be laid, there will be plenty of time to decide on that after the crisis is dealt with.

~Maggie Kemoc~
Leader of Varshikar
Last edited by NirAntae on Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

The only way to cure it

Is to bathe in Mother's stream

And ask for forgiveness.

If you drown, she has not given it to you

If you are cured, then she has forgiven you

If you are unchanged, then it means you have to repent first.

There is a claw mark
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

It seems to me the swamps are the only place to go. Us infected will only get worse, so I say the time is now! Everyone infected should go to the swamps tonight, by foot or even carried if necessary.

Skaalib
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Avalyon el'Hattarr wrote:Fools.. Burning the corpse only led to the faster spreading of the disease rather than contain it. Do you use your heads?

~ Avalyon
Yes Avalyon, because destroying the source really makes the disease magically spread. What a great show of wisdom and intelligence.

~Unsigned~
Siltaris

Post by Siltaris »

A messenger cloaked in heavy wet clothes hastens to the board to pin up a parchment. The lines are written in a more or less clear writing, maybe written by someone else than from the person according to the signature

Lady Kemoc and Revlen are right: This is not the time to blame anyone nor to discuss about how all this has begun.

We have to use all our power and all our efforts to find a way out of this mesere - as long as the breath of the Five is within us.

This plague weakens our bodies and our souls with every passed hour. I hardly doubt that I will be able to walk all the way to the core of this plague to find there something I cannot even think of what it might be.

I say that it is not in the hands of us, the infected people, who struggle with keeping their will to live and who start to hear Cherga's whisper carried from somewhere through the wind to our ears and into our heads.

As long as there are people in Gobiath who are not infected and who are able to think in a clear way, people who can raise their weapon if it would be needed and people with wisdom - my destiny is in your hands.

I truely believe that there is nothing we, the infected ones, can do, but waiting here in the camp, praise to the Gods and care for each other. All moving over Gobiath will endager more people to be infected by this plague.

So please, everyone who is infected should come to the camp and stay here until the Five helped some noble hearts to find a way out of this darkness.

~Siltaris~
Miklorius

Post by Miklorius »

A hasty note:
Any news about the sickness? The city is deserted, the smell is horrible and at the eastern town gate there is a strange green fog...

-M.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I suggest you stay away from Trollsbane untill a cure is found. There are still many in the infected camp, and its looking even more grim.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

The cure is in your hands! Redeem yourself, crawl to the gods and beg for your life!

Little wolf, your arrogance astounds me, the gods clearly see through your illusion. You have done wrong, it is time for you to repent, but still your own arrogance has disillusioned you, then there is no cure for the wicked! There is no cure for sinners!

YOU ARE BEING PUNISHED!

REDEEM YOURSELVES!
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Give me your name, And we shall see if you are so immune to this plauge.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

Your wicked ways are revealed on this parchment. Your wish to spread your curse show's exactly why you must REPENT. Now even you in time can look upon this parchment and read your own wickedness.

That is of course, if you have sought redemption.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

Once again, Meaningless words. Give your name, And then maybe, MAYBE, They well have some meaning. When I read them now, I read the words of a coward and nothing more.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

then take it as a coward, sinner! Lies lies lies! You make your curse tenfold worse! Let yourself die, or look for redemption! Your pitiful arrogance and large ego reveal yourself to be what you are. Just drop your defencive attitude and accept that YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!

Redemption is the only way, sinner.
Misjbar

Post by Misjbar »

I urge the elders of the elves to announce a full stop of all boating traffic between the mainland and Vanima to stop, so that our forests and glades cannot be affected by this plague. I also urge all the elves not to leave the island till this horrid plague has passed. We cannot risk dying, while we could live forever.

~Lolíndir Helyan~
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

I accepted that I was going too die years ago. And now I accept someone else well be going with me. Someone who seems to think this plauge is the punishment of the gods.
Damien

Post by Damien »

The Order of the gry Light has gathered some informations concerning the Source of the plague. Along with the Informations from order members, Djironnyma has told about the first found smelling corpse rising up and walking, which he had to fight with many spells.

The only other disease like this i can remember, was once possibly spread by the old blackstone cult or related persons and caused those infected to become walking skeletons, which for example brought up the lich called Nalzaxx.
It is possible that this could be another form of this disease. However, the first victim turning into an agressive creature looking like "consisting of fouled flesh" (this is as far as the descriptions go i received) points to a magical origin of this disease.

ATTENTION ! in this case, it may be possible - this is not proven though ! - that the infected ones who should die, arise as such monstrosities themselves after death.
Preparations should ba taken for such a case.

I suggest using a heated oven with a long chimney running at high temperatures for burning the corpses instead of open fires, which would only spread the disease with the smoke.

-Damien
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

A dove lands on the parchment, dropping a horrible note, half covered in blood and pus, and the writing is mostly illegible

People of Gobiath,
I am sorry. I have thought I could find a cure and become a saviour......I was wrong. Myself and some others have travelled to the swamps to find a cure. We have only made it worse........I have put you all at risk and I am sorry......please forgive me.

Skaalib
Linnea Winterhall

Post by Linnea Winterhall »

You are missinformed, Elder Damien.

There was never a 'corpse' rising. I fear Djironnymas eyes aren't the best anymore. The first man who died and who carried the sickness in, just had blisters all over his body and was terrible deformed, but he was *alive*. From what I heard Djironnyma killed the sick person, who was yet alive.

If you have a look at the quarantine camp, you will find out that there are more persons in this state. They aren't 'undead', if that's what you want to imply. Their bodies are just terrible deformed from the sickness.

- Linnea Winterhall
Devlon

Post by Devlon »

*walks forward and attachs another note. To all those reading it seems almost as if his anger can be felt radiating from the note*

THAT IS ENOUGH FIGHTING!!!

Now is not the time to fight. I myself have walked through the swamps close to the lighthouse and have found nothing. We need a search party to search the swamp south of the desert. This is a call to all healthy people. We must either find a cure or find the source. Stop talking about what we should do and start DOING it. I beseach the druids to seek a cure, while any strong and able magi and warriors need to venture forth with me. Once again I remind you, if you are sick then soak some non-exposed cloth in cider or clean water and tie it around your face to filter the air you breath. I have had one around my face since the outbreak and I am not sick yet.