Make Me Play

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rasteel Olin

Post by Rasteel Olin »

There is no more Meriel

:(
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Plus, Brendy's homosexual and I don't think he's into the whole cybering thing anyway.
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

hmm abit late but the reasons are:

1) 99% of all the females in illarion look perfect

and that's enough :P :P
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

abcfantasy wrote:hmm abit late but the reasons are:

If you call assfloss wearing sluts who can shoot fireballs "perfect" you are WAY too kinky
abcfantasy

Post by abcfantasy »

The Returner wrote:
abcfantasy wrote:hmm abit late but the reasons are:

If you call assfloss wearing sluts who can shoot fireballs "perfect" you are WAY too kinky
hence 99 and not 100
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

How arrogant. I don't see why we should all jump through hoops to make you play. Go ingame and find out, or piss off. You're nothing special.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Alkuurg wrote:How arrogant. I don't see why we should all jump through hoops to make you play. Go ingame and find out, or piss off. You're nothing special.
Neither are you.
Rasteel Olin

Post by Rasteel Olin »

Be nice friends.
Arkadia Misella

Post by Arkadia Misella »

I am here.

That is all that matters lover.
Jori
Location: How do I know? Maybe I'm not where I htink I am. Or maybe I'm somewhere I think I'm not...

Post by Jori »

To tell the truth, I'm in kinda the same position as Japheth. I just dowloaded and set up illa on my new comp and I've been in a little bit, but I just feel kind of lost. Lucky for me, I've been in this same position a few times before though. :)
1. First, I'd say stick around for a bit because eventually, you will get caught up in some big rp event and you'll have a blast, remembering all the reasons you loved illa in the first place.
2. The way you can make your characters whatever you want them to be. If you're trying to get back into the game, I'd consider making a new character with a personality that makes it easy to get going with some rp, usually fairly emotional about something pretty common. FOr me that was playing a dwarf who always tried to make peace wherever he saw conflict. And we all know, just from all the flames in the forums, that there will be conflict ingame. So maybe a character that say, for example, hates all female elves with a passoin. Or evilly tries turning friends against eachother anytime possible. That way if somebody tries to get an ig marriage or something, you can do your best to make it go bad. That's more for the evil character kind of people though of course. The possibilities are endless, and that's one of the great strengths of this game.
3. A number of the GM created quests. My favorite of these was the Lich war. It helped bring most of the players together and generated tons of great rp. Even the characters that sided with the undead were able to get great rp out of that one. It seems like gamewide crises (is that how you spell it?) bring together all the players and bring out the best rp in each of them. Sure, it can be annoying for some people that just sit and powergame their crafting skills all day, but powergaming isn't what the game is for.
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

How arrogant. I don't see why we should all jump through hoops to make you play. Go ingame and find out, or piss off. You're nothing special.
Excuse me, Alkuurg, whose account I approved many moons ago and wouldn't be here otherwise, when was common decency and courtesy abandoned in favour of hideously phrased insults? I started the topic out of interest to see what kind of responses I would receive. I'm not asking anybody to jump through any hoops for me. I thought that was perfectly clear, considering that posting to this topic is entirely optional.

However, it seems that in the confusion of looking for an argument, you accidentally posted to my topic. In future, you might want to consider that the people on internet forums are just that- people. Just because you don't see their reactions or ever have to meet them, it doesn't give you carte blanche to behave as if you were raised in a barn by mentally disabled wolves.

If you were, however, all is forgiven.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

How dare you!

-child of a mentally-disabled barn wolf

=P
Cliu Beothach

Post by Cliu Beothach »

This should get you into playing again:

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=22289

Need I say more...

...about how vain I am?