The Knighthood Of Kallahorn

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Mark Strongarm

The Knighthood Of Kallahorn

Post by Mark Strongarm »

((Closed rp to members of kallahorn, or well rped actions describing those reading the anouncements))

Sadly we honor Arameh's need to depart and the cause, though unknown to us ((save ooc)), we still know is honorable and just. I accept the responsibility of High Knight in the meantime. All things will proceed as they were under Arameh's lead unless told otherwise by myself. All rules and prinicipals are the same. I will work extra hard to make sure our bonds stay strong and true, and know I can expect the same from all of you. Long live Kallahorn!

The following message is re-written in a similar blue ink, the writing is easy to read and clear

The Knighthood of Kallahorn is a rather old group, aged by a few years, it has also suffered many changes and such. It once was a powerful force that had been teared apart, caused by the lack of members and supervision to the current ones. It is now I, Mark Strongarm, who wish and will continue to try making it a strong and honorable guild as it once was, with the help of any of you who have hope into it.

The basics of the knighthood are : Justice, honor and loyalty, only a member who takes theses very seriously will become a knight. The objectives of the knighthood are to protect the innocents and the weak, to fight any group who wish to cause bloodshed and harm and to help people all over Gobiath, in any way possible.

A full knight needs to be able to think by himself or herself, has to be able to make decisions and needs to have enought judgement to evaluate what is right, and what is not. A knight also must never allow himself or herself to lie or to leave a fellow alone in the danger without helping. As well, knights needs to train with their weapons of choice, so they can better protect themselves and others.

To join us, you need to ask myself, then I will give you a small task to know if you really are interested, then a few days after I will be asking if you are ready to swear the oath. The oath consists of simple things you will swear to do, such as to never lie, do what you think right and train to be more able to protect others, after swearing the oath you are a page and should never leave the knighthood's way for any reasons.

Joining Kallahorn also has some gains, first on, free training will be offered by the knighthood as well as the training items , also, some equipment and weapons will be given to you as you raise in rank.

The members will also be asked to wear our new coat of arms, to be put over the armor.

~~~~~~~~~~

Rules and principles:

1) Never break the oath you have sworn to be apart of the Knighthood. All words you swear bind you to the Knighthood in everyway, breaking any part of it will lead to varying degrees of punishment. To swear the oath and abandon the Knighthood entirely without a valid explanation will lead to severe actions by the leadership of the Knighthood.

2) Unwaivering loyalty to the Knighthood and the Castle.

3) Never fleeing combat save for in a duel, you will never run away when your comrades are still fighting.

4) Never dishonoring a lady, if your lady is dishonored you will defend her honor with your blade if it calls for it. Nor to express vulgar language in the vicinity of a lady.

5) Carry respect for yourself and your Knighthood, if anyone insults our Knighthood one must stand for the honor of our Knighthood in combat if need be. This applies only to Knights of Kallahorn.

6) You must never attack an unaware opponent in any way, you can only attack one's back if this one turned his back on purpose. You must also never attack someone unarmed, with exception of certain creatures of malcontent.

7) A knight must never decline a duel of honor. A duel of honor is whenever one insults your honor, be it your lady, your courage, your skill or your family name, the duel last until one side gives in. Winning the duel or fighting to the death is the only way to keep your honor.

8 ) A member of the knighthood has to call a superior ranked by 'sir' for squires and 'lord' for knights, including to obey his orders no matter what asked, authority abuses can be reported to a knight and will be dealt with accordingly.

Breaking one of these rules can lead to certain punishments, depending on the severity, they can lead to forced works, amends, lowering in rank and even banning.
~~~~~~~~~~

Ranks and Members:

High Knight

Mark Strongarm

Knights

Dantagon Marescot

Squires

Amroth Surion
Matholamew Dunsinane
Skaalib Drurr

Pages

Gildon de Vymont
Avandane Arenzor
Deuce
Lance Dragonwill
Hrar Godcairn
Ayla
Drendell Da' Ruhk
Avain Defle
~~~~~~~~~~~

Donations for "The donation race"

Amroth Surion --------------------- 45 silvers
Matholamew Dunsinane----------- 13 silvers
Skaalib Drurr----------------------- 14 silvers
Deuce------------------------------- 9 silvers
Avandane Arenzor----------------- 45 coppers
Gildon de Vymont
Lance Dragonwill
Hrar Godcairn
Ayla
Drendell Da' Ruhk
Avain Defle

------------------------------------------
What squires should teach to pages :

- Basic overall knowledges that the page might not know, as in to how to find certain items, might it be ressources, equipment, weapons or anything else, any questions the page has should be asked to the squire first.

- Basic training into fighting, helping the page into chosing a weapon to use and showing the page where to train, how to get needed equipment, food and any other things needed.

- Basic teachings about the principles and the rules of the knighthood, to ensure the page will not cause troubles in any ways and will follow the rules, have a little responsibility on him.

- Basic knowledges about trading and ways to gain money, manners and ways to communicate with others, as well as informations about gods and races. (optional)
--------------------------------------------
What knights should teach to squires :

- Advanced training in fighting, tactical fighting in different aspects (which will not be mentioned publicly). The squire must have total control of his weapon of choice before he can ascend to knight.

- Advanced knowledges about the rules and principles of the knighthood must be tought, a squire needs to know all the rules and understand all principles of the knighthood before raising in rank.

- Advanced knowledges about craftmanship, trading and other ways to gain money, the squire needs to have the ability to get his own money before becoming a knight.

- Advanced knowledges about gods and races, the squire has to pass some tests of overall knowledges, manners and communication can also be tought if it is needed.
------------------------------------------

Relations :

~~~~~~~~~~~
Current news :

Donations to a knight are now enforced with the new 'game', more details on the previous kallahorn pages.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Mark Strongarm on Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:13 am, edited 9 times in total.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

There is one new rule in regards to these boards. Only members of Kallahorn should post here. Anyone who has something to say to a member of the knighthood should do so by dove. Anyone who believes they are a knight and wants to join the knighthood can send a squire or myself a dove. Confermation of your entry would then be noted here by a squire or a knight. I ask outside people to respect leaving these guild papers to the intrinsic thoughts of Kallahorn.

Mark Strongarm
Matholamew Dunsinane

Post by Matholamew Dunsinane »

Here here!

Long live Kallahorn. I know Mark will honor the knighthood, and that his actions will outlive his name...let us honor him!

~Matholamew Dunsinane~
~Squire of Kallahorn~

Matholamew removes his old seal from his cloak and places it in an intricate wooden box in his depot. He takes the new seal sewn by Quinnalin and he himself sews it onto his cloak. He takes a day to paint the new seal over the old one on his armor, and with a reverent smile puts it back on. He says quietly to himself, "The knighthood will live on"
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Thank you Mat.

I would like to remind everyone that the donation race is still active. This season is nearing its end however do to the change of leadership, newness of the donation race and the fact that it was started mid-season, we will extend until the end of winter. Donations are always welcome and the leader will recieve a reward. We are all working on the project despite Arameh's departure and I will see if I can track him down one time before it is too late to recieve his contributions. However I have a good bulk of materials in my depots and we will proceed as planned regardless.

Mark Strongarm
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Sighing while looking a little sad missing Mark who again is away on Knighthood business, Achae absently pulls some leaves from her hair after a long walk in the forest. She stops to read the boards having not seen them in quite awhile, eyes widening in delight with a proud look on her face. Achae reaches to gently touch the symbol Mark posted then quickly turns to walk to Greenbriar to get her thread and fabric with a liveliness to her step.
morbiddez

Post by morbiddez »

A dark half elven-man passes an unfamiliar sight, with a familiar title. Kallahorn. He writes in red ink
I read through the whole of this board, and I know not if im beyond my bounds leaving my letter here.. for I was... a member of the knighthood and I am hoping I can resume my training after a year or so from being away. I am familiar with most of the current pages, squires and you High Knight Mark Strongarm. You know me as Page Drendell Da' Ruhk. And if you would oblige.. I would gladly put fourth my effort and my life in its entirety.

Drendell Da' Ruhk
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Welcome back Dren,
I will need to speak with you personally or by dove about the matter of your reinstatement.
It is good to hear you well,
Mark Strongarm
Rasteel Olin

Post by Rasteel Olin »

Good luck with the knighthood, Mark.

J.~S.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Skaalib has asked if we could offer any help to the miners guild, they need manpower to help build their headquarters. All members who are on the island the 20th of Adras ((january 27th, 5pm gmt)) should go to the miners guild site for construction, it's located by the mountains east of trollsbane. We have grown enough to start opening relations with other groups and it will begin with our help on this day. Hope to see you there,
Mark Strongarm
High Knight Of Kallahorn

((ps . does anyone know the link for the ig date calculator post?))
Last edited by Mark Strongarm on Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

I must appologize to the knighthood for being absent. I have been preparing for a trip to the serinjah plains and a mariage with my love Achae. We have just left and I will return the 14th of Adras ((25th of Jan)). Here after I will be as active as I was prior to all this. There are many urgent issues which cannot be discussed here.

Sincerely,
Mark Strongarm
High Knight Of Kallahorn
bathill8

Post by bathill8 »

Here, Here!

I wish to extend a congratulations to you, High Knight Mark Strongarm. This should prove to be a telling year for Kallahorn. I've written a little something.........

May your shield meet only your enemies swords,
And may you keep companionship with the noblest lords,

With great skill and might, we hope you will lead,
tho' never get too big to sit with us for a round o' mead.

May you sail the best ships upon the calmest sea,
And your bride be as strong by your side as you need her to be.

Avandane--- not quite the poet.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Touching and I am honored Avandane, I already look forward to seeing you all again.
Mark.
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Drendell Da' Ruhk has again sworn the oath and been re-introduced to our ranks as page. This time he will be working his bow as the first archer of Kallahorn!

Mark Strongarm
High Knight Of Kallahorn
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

It is with great honor that Dantagon Marescot has become a Knight Of Kallahorn. I, as well as some of you, have watched Dan progress in all aspects of Knighthood, and know that his accomplishment is well deserved. Together Dantagon and I will forge the knighthood ahead. We have discussed some significant changes to be made in the framework. We hope this transition will be fluid and suit you all, and would also like feed back from everyone when the time comes.

For now things will proceed as they have been,
I was able to see some friends yesterday and hope to see more of you today,

Mark Strongarm
High Knight Of Kallahorn
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Page Avain has been added to our ranks. If the squires could do their best to offer him some help with training and some insightful conversation, I would appreciate it.

Mark Strongarm
High Knight Of Kallahorn
Avain Defle

Post by Avain Defle »

Greetings to you, Noble Sirs,
it is a great honour for me to join The Knighthood of Kallahorn. I have taken an oath and I intend to redeem a promise.
Notwithstanding the fact that I am still young and inexperienced, there is no other path for me, but the path of a knight.
Even through early death awaits me, the field of battle would be the best place to find my eternal peace. And so be it.
My sword and my heart, from now on, belong to My Lord and The Knighthood Of Kallahorn.

Avain Defle
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

For personal reasons I need to take a break from leadership of Kallahorn. I trust the course of Kallahorn to Dantagon.

Mark Strongarm
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

I humbly accept this possition from Sir Mark Strongarm. I will do my best to get the knighthood running and put the changes in place by the time he returns. All those with questions please contact me.

All squires, I ask you to choose two of the active pages to work with. Or, pages, seek out a squire in which to learn from. It will now be the job of the squires to teach the pages the virtues a knight must stand by. This also includes teaching them the gods, the different towns of the isle, and their laws. Pages should know that this comes first above anything. You may continue weapons work as you please. But I urge the squires to train as hard as they can.

Mas is coming! We need to be prepared!

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dren Da' Ruhk

Post by Dren Da' Ruhk »

Good to finally hear from someone at the boards.

Congradulations yet again Sir Dantagon.

-Dren-
Dantagon Marescot

There have already been growing conserns about the new direction that this knighthood is taking. I must remind you that we are people of Gobaith first and formost. It is our duty to protect and serve the good men and women of Gobaith. My intent is to help us to better serve them. Feel free to send me a dove with your questions, conserns, and suggestions. If any of you feel that this is not your path, I will be happy to discuss this with you now. But I beg of you, please see this through before you decide.

Lastly I ask all members to send me a dove regardless. I don't see many of you on a daily, or even weekly basis. I would like to know you are alive. I would like to know who the squires wish to take as their pages and what pages need help in finding a squire. Please take this chance to help catch up with what is going on and help me understand what your needs may be.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Mark Strongarm wrote:For personal reasons I need to take a break from leadership of Kallahorn. I trust the course of Kallahorn to Dantagon.

Mark Strongarm
With a dazed, distracted look to her face, Achae quietly, almost unnoticed walks through Trolls Bane looking at the streets of the city. She stops to read his post with a knowing eye having been here and read it a number of times. Reaching for her handkerchief to wipe a tear from her cheek she turns toward the hospital, then stops and turns back to the forest with quickening steps until she is running.
Dantagon Marescot

Squire Skaalib has choosen to leave our ranks due to personal conserns with the knighthood. May he find his correct path in his life. He is to be treated as a friend and comrad of Kallahorn for he had done much to help us. We wish you well, Skaalib. Good luck on your journey through life.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Thank you Sir Dantagon, I wish you and Kallahorn all the best, and I still wish to remain friends. Thank you for all the good times I have had with you all.
Skaalib
Dantagon Marescot

Congadulations to Gildon de Vymont on his promotion to Squire. He has worked hard in the past few months and will hopefully continue his hard work. He will take Avain Defle as his first page.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Gildon de Vymont

Post by Gildon de Vymont »

I would like to thank Sir Marescot, and Sir Strongarm for the much time they put into teaching me, and I would like to thank the whole Knighthood for their support, as I do not know where I would be without them. I would also like to say that I will try my best to teach Avain in every way possible, and it is possible that I am open for one more page. Thank you.

-Gildon de Vymont
Squire of Kallahorn
Former Squire of the White Flame
Soldier of Zhambra
Dantagon Marescot

The plague has sub-sided and I hope all of you are well again. I will be glad to see you all feeling lively once more. I still await many of your doves so I can know how you are. At least one before the passing of Mas. You will understand why then.

A new kingdom has been founded within the border of Gobaith. I beg of you all to keep your distance. I have had many run-ins with Grant and none of them have been pleasant. His father may have founded Kallahorn, but I advise you to keep away from his castle and kingdom til we can be sure of his intentions. Our allegance is to the good people of Gobaith. And so that is where we will stay.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Dantagon Marescot

Mas has come and I still wait for doves. Any member who does not send me a dove before the new year will be removed from the knighthood. Those who are safe from this are, Amroth, Gildon, Dren, and Avain.

-- Sir Dantagon Marescot
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

Removed? This is appalling considering we swore an oath at the beggining of our knightmanship..

~Lance Dragonwill
Dantagon Marescot

What am I to do with members who are never seen or heard from? Have you seen or heard from Hrar or Ayla?