A question about forced rp

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Wyrda

A question about forced rp

Post by Wyrda »

Would it be considered forced rp if i someone started a new guild, and appointed some random person off the street to be the guild master, while doing criminal acts in the guilds name and the name of the guilde master? If the appointed guild master was a pawn but was not told and the people in the guild (maybe members of a council) took advantage of the guild by doing things that they say the guild master told them to do?
Grant

Post by Grant »

Umm, anything is forced rp if it forces the PO to do something he doesn't want his char to do. But there can be deceit ig, so I wouldn't know.
Azuros

Post by Azuros »

Not if he has a choice to refuse the position I suppose
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

You can't start a guild without having at least 4 members who are played by completely different people, and having the guild mods say yes.

Now, if you want to lie about things in game, go right ahead. But if you make a guild and claim someone is a member and they see. The character won't be to happy with you later.
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

if you make a guild and claim someone is a member and they see. The character won't be to happy with you later.
Do you mean claim someone as a member who really isnt? I dont really know what you mean. If i had all the requirements for a guild, had everything all set up and then flattered some PO into being guild master (say he was a good fighter so we said we need a warrior at the top)
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

As near as I can tell, the forced rp rule was implemented in the capacity described in the rules;
Power emotes, which have effects on other characters and don't give them the opportunity to react are prohibited (e.g. "#me chops off the dwarf's head").
It seems that over the years people have just manipulated it into meaning, "it's against the rules to do something involving my character that I don't like," which seems silly.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Korwin is, as usual, right on the money.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Korwin wrote:"it's against the rules to do something involving my character that I don't like," which seems silly."
How would you define the forced roleplay? Or even the whole roleplay.
This game is played for fun and its no fun, if someone does what ever they want with my character.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Just because someone does something that isn't enjoyable to your character, that doesn't mean you aren't enjoying yourself. If your emotions are linked with those of your character insofar that you can't enjoy youself even as your character experiences defeat, then you lack the maturity to play a roleplaying game.

It's just that, though: Non-forced rp is a series of attempted actions. Forced rp is a series of forced actions. For example:

Character A *attempts* to blackmail Character B as above: not forced.

Character A writes "#me casts a spell that ties up Character B with ropes" This is forced rp.

I think Nitters just misunderstood some of the above, so I felt the need to clarify further.
Moathia

Post by Moathia »

As far as I am concerned making up lies about another character is not forced roleplay, one of my characters do it all the time to suit it's purposes and make other people their enemies.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Lieing about other characters is something completly different and its allowed. Everyone is allowed to say that Edward Cromwell killed 1000 Ogres with a beer mug. It doesn't have to be true ;)
Stuikerd

Post by Stuikerd »

or he died 1000 times by ogres with beer cups :P ps: the welp :D
maryday

guilds..and lies.

Post by maryday »

if i lived a thousand lives, met thousand trolls, i still.. :oops:
-
RPG are all about IG lies and putting up bias`gainst the enemies too strong to..err..pwn,
until the matching tool is found to..reach for the supposedly righteous balance.
-
Whoever votes the most powerful person, in a faction to_the_top_,
shall be sure, he will have a declining ammount of power by himself.

It is common for centennials now, to get the most adaptive, least dominating person
as a leader...

Who`d need a leader, to protect him, if he was not able to protect himself against his leader?
-
#w ..if i was a member of any guild...no real member would know..
Damien

Post by Damien »

Anyhow, if you spread false information, you MUST NEVER do so out of the game. If your character in the game lies or spreads a lie / rumor, you have no reason (and are not allowed to) state by yourself OOC that the wrong IG information was true. You HAVE to say that your character is lying when asked OOC in a serious manner.
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

Why? There is no rule about lieing... We are not in a church :) If I want to lie to protect a secret or just lie for fun, then it is my choise. There is no sworen-oath-of-truth-thingy :D
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

i dont see why it matters what you say OOC... no one should be using that ooc info for ingame matters anyway!
Arien Edhel

Post by Arien Edhel »

You shouldn't lie ooc 'cause of the fairness and seperation ingame and rl.
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

person 1: Are you stupid?
person 2: No, of course not!
person 1: ((is it true?))

Nahhh, better keep on RP, without asking about ig-stuff in occ. In my opinion, MSN, ICQ, IRC and all these chatprograms can be a threat to RP, cause of PO-affairs/argues etc.

--> as less ooc as possible, imo

cheers,
Rugh
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Rugh'toh wrote:person 1: Are you stupid?
person 2: No, of course not!
person 1: ((is it true?))

Nahhh, better keep on RP, without asking about ig-stuff in occ. In my opinion, MSN, ICQ, IRC and all these chatprograms can be a threat to RP, cause of PO-affairs/argues etc.

--> as less ooc as possible, imo

cheers,
Rugh
You did a Swish.
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

what is a swish?
Damien

Post by Damien »

Arien is right.
If you pretend that another character is your guild leader, pretend that ingame and NOT in any OOC way. That would be unfair AND a lie, and in case of any OOC trouble basing on your lie, getting you banned quite likely.
And if you lied to a gamemaster or staff member, quite immediately and lasting too.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Rugh'toh wrote:what is a swish?
I hope you're just dropping that line so I can say "The guardian of the forest".

You said OCC instead of OOC like Swish1 would.
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

so basically go ahead and just don't mention anything out of character?
Retlak

Post by Retlak »

thats the way to go!
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

TYour chracter oingame can think anything you want. But YOU cantr be a twat out of game. Remember that. Ingame and out of gamel. Remenbver what isingame manipulating, and what is out of game manipulationg. SOmep oeple try to mix both, becauseo f the widespread ooc crap that is done, buty just ignore it!
and do ingame manipulatiing
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Oh my god, learn how to type
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

- Deleted -

Watch your tone!
Arien
Noglik

Post by Noglik »

lol what is wrong with you :lol:
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Alkuurg wrote:NO! Shutup! Learn how to fucking not care! Alright? If you are sooo offended by my inability to hit the right key, then you have something wrong with you. Think for a moment, why you comment. ok? I know how to fucking type! God, why don't you just shutup and think!? eh? god, I hate twats like you who hink they're so mighty, and do anything to sbujugate others. You're nothing, really. go play bf2 orwhatever tyhe fucking else you do.
Eh? You are from Canada, aren't you. :P
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Is a Swish the same as an Alkuurg?