News about the teleport spell

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Thorvald

News about the teleport spell

Post by Thorvald »

As it was mentioned in so many different threads today at the forum, here an official statement:

In this thread - http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... hp?t=20448 - is written that casting through walls with the teleportspell is forbidden.

Since the magic has changed meanwhile following problem occured:

When you use Jus Kel Taur to teleport yourself you will likely end somewhere up where you didn't aim to.
With other words it is possible that you accidently teleport through a wall.

Arameh wrote: It was already said, that it wasnt allowed only if did intentionally *shrugs*

But its obvious a mage with such high skill and magic pushing items should be able to teleport where she wants, eh?
Picking up this arguement I want to clarifiy: This is not true.
I tried it a bunch of times earlier with my GM character. (with the highest attributes and skills that are possible within this game)
And even my GM character managed it to occassionally teleport into the entire wrong direction I aimed; teleported himself through the wall that was not really near to the aim; or simply ended up some fields right next to it.

I hope a Dev has a look into this matter and comes up with a solution.

And a personal note: I wonder how any of you can enjoy this game when there is nothing better to do then to excessively search for other players mistakes and make sure they are spreaded all over the board instead simply adress the case to a GM/Seer. This is not aimed to a specific person, but to a bunch of the community here.
Alkuurg

Post by Alkuurg »

I find this case a blatantly suspicious one....
Thorvald

Post by Thorvald »

Alkuurg wrote:I find this case a blatantly suspicious one....
I don't really understand your statement. Explain please?
Hu'greu

Post by Hu'greu »

NOOO leave it bug.

I do enjoy the fight that ensure by the buggness of the spell

:p