Neue Regeln ~ New Rules

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Cuthalion wrote:But why isnt it allowed?
yeah, I already am a mental wreck and couldn't sleep for weeks now, cause of Rugh's....experiences. :cry:

nah, was a joke :lol:

Seriously, tortures should not be used, unles everybody really accepts it. In our situation, it was fine :)
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Post by Avalyon el'Hattarr »

so you go to a guy and say ooc "hey i'm going to torture you now, how do you feel about that?" :shock:
Grant

Post by Grant »

#w (( I'm going to stick a hot poker up your anal cavity, your my new bitch. K?))
Avalyon el'Hattarr

But he could always say no.. Even more if this thing doesn't suit him.. And it doesn't! I think that it would be best if you don't ask but make your rp not be forced. Like.. #me attempts to cut one of his fingers in order to make him eat it afterwards. :D
Lance Thunnigan

Post by Lance Thunnigan »

Narmir wrote:I always think of "Forced RP" as being roleplay done to another character -without the player's permission- that could have lasting effects on that character.

Torture, being mentally and physically scarring, falls under that definition ;)
If it's OVERDONE. I see nothing wrong with a bit of torture, just not in excessive amounts. ((Yes, even how stupid it sounds.))
Cuthalion

Post by Cuthalion »

I don't think that is forced rp, if the player can't avoid it. Thats like being attacked by a bandit and loging out. Then we are really talking forced rp, as you make it imposible to rp somthing that the character could not posibly avoid. It is like saying that you are stonger than the demon, cause that is what you want your character to be. If your character is tied to a chear, and tortured, then the player playing the tortured char, should acept that his char get some chars. That is character development, and what rpg is all about in my opinion.

@rugh: hehe, dont look at me, I didnt even notice that gyou where tortured. i think he was doing it while in whispering mode or somthing.
Ascius

Post by Ascius »

Could you try not to search for every tiny little mistake or blur in the rules? They are clear enough to understand them.

Example:
so you go to a guy and say ooc "hey i'm going to torture you now, how do you feel about that?"
Of course not. I guess you already knew the answer of this question before you posted (which would be spamming imho), but if not.. well.

We got rule 1 which is.
Illarion is a roleplaying game. Actions not related to roleplaying have to be reduced to a bare minimum. One must not spoil the fun of others playing this game.
The phrase "Try to act logical" may be added there, (somehow it is already there in the powergaming rule..) because it is one of the most important things of good roleplay. Logic and consequence.

Reading all these replies we may also need rule 0: Use your brain.
Alytys Lamar

Post by Alytys Lamar »

Ascius wrote:

Reading all these replies we may also need rule 0: Use your brains.
Ähm -- yes, yes YES and another one YES

The rules are really understandable and clear... deal/live with and enjoy the game
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Grant wrote:#w (( I'm going to stick a hot poker up your anal cavity, your my new bitch. K?))
Apart from the complete nonsense in the brakes, Grant seems to have understood what it is about.. Congrats 8)
Llama

Post by Llama »

What the rules mean is that

DO NOT mutilate or make anything permanent to anyone you torture.

Don't cut his finger off or scar him for lyfe, unless he wants to.

sheesh
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

no permanent damage? = no scars?

how should one torture then, since electricity is not invented?
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Water torture.. 8)
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Giving him animal names? whatever

The rules are there and they are clear and understandable. dont know why you guys are still discussion here
Llama

Post by Llama »

I don't know.... but using turney while they're tied up?

Or just normal punching or something...
Avalyon el'Hattarr

Sing happy songs and make him listen Lol
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:I don't know.... but using turney while they're tied up?

Or just normal punching or something...
I thought rape was still forbidden.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Touche`
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

All insults directed at the person behind the screen, and not the character, are forbidden. Also strictly forbidden are all racist or sexist remarks and names.
I've complained about this rule an infinite amount of times. The wording is far too inaccurate. Please change it to:

All insults directed at the person behind the screen, and not the character, are forbidden. Also strictly forbidden are all racist, bigoted or sexist remarks and names.

Racism concerns one ethnicity. Sexism relates to a person's gender. Adding "bigoted" covers violations relating to a person's sexual orientation, or other life-choice. I'd really appreciate it if you amended the rule once and for all.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Hell yeah. That rule needs to be changed immediately.
Japheth

Post by Japheth »

I know you don't like me Grant and rest assured, I strongly dislike you, but there's no need to attempt to derail this thread. Nitram made this topic so that we could comment on the new rules and that's all I did. If you want to call me a faggot for the nineteenth time, then please, take it the off-topic board. I'd be more than happy to pwn you there.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Hehe, you have pink typing.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Grant wrote:Hehe, you have pink typing.
Shall we give you a prize for knowing the colours? :roll:

Can we stick to topic?
Damien

Post by Damien »

In fact Japheth is saying that it should also be a rule not to insult players who, for example, prefer the own gender, for that. That makes some sense to me, but i always thought it to be logically included in "All insults directed at the person behind the screen, and not the character, are forbidden."
Insultive remarks concerning sexual preference of players are still insults against players and in my understanding of this rule are clearly forbidden by that, but making it more clear can't be too bad either on the other hand.
Evan Ross

Post by Evan Ross »

* Warning: Talk with the game master to clear up what you did wrong and what you can improve
* Skill reduction: lowering of one or more of your character's skills, especially for violations of rule 10
* Attribute reduction: lowering of one ore more of your character's attributes
* Item deletion: Deleting of items of your character, especially for violations of rule 13
* Temporary ban of the character
* Permament ban of the character
* Temporary ban of the player
* Permament ban of the player, especially for violations of rule 8 or 15

They are exactly the same thing.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Not if you have 2 characters...
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Japheth wrote:
All insults directed at the person behind the screen, and not the character, are forbidden. Also strictly forbidden are all racist or sexist remarks and names.
I've complained about this rule an infinite amount of times. The wording is far too inaccurate. Please change it to:

All insults directed at the person behind the screen, and not the character, are forbidden. Also strictly forbidden are all racist, bigoted or sexist remarks and names.

Racism concerns one ethnicity. Sexism relates to a person's gender. Adding "bigoted" covers violations relating to a person's sexual orientation, or other life-choice. I'd really appreciate it if you amended the rule once and for all.
Are sexist/racist remarks against other characters or generally IG also banned? The wording would seem to imply so (and yet, a good chunck of the interracial interaction in Illarion seems to be on the greenskin-shorty-longear axis). :wink:
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

we players live in a civilized world.
our chars live in a medival world.
therefore i think, we players should be civilized enough, not to molest other players by bad behaviour or words.
but our chars should be intolerant, ignorant oafs, that have problems, to accept "foreighners" or even "differents".
Halvdan

Post by Halvdan »

ich hab mal ne frage, da steht, da steht das man kein powergaming machen darf also nicht ständig die gleiche handlung wiederholen, sofern es nicht zum char passt. doch wie soll man die skills der barden aufbauen, wenn man nicht ständig die gleiche handlung vollziehen soll? irgendwie doof, wenn man nur 2-3 mal klicken darf und dann schon wegen powergaming aufhören soll. ich bitte um eine erklärung.
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Simple Antwort:
Wer sich mit seiner Laute irgendwo in die Botanik stellt, und anfängt wie wild darauf rumzuklicken wir früher oder später erleben wie mein Seer-Charakter neben ihm erscheint.

Selbst "Sinnlos-Skills" wie die Musikinstrumente kann man in gemächlichen Tempo trainieren und nicht in einem Klickfest.

Desweiteren sollte man seine 'reine Weste' nicht riskieren, nur damit das System ein anderes automatisches #me produziert, wenn man doch selbst viel kreativere schreiben kann.
Halvdan

Post by Halvdan »

hm kenn ich gut, ist mir auch schon passiert...wegen multlikill :shock: . nun ich hoffe das es nicht mehr soweit kommt, außerdem wollte ich nebenbei mal wissen wie sich mein rp gesteigert hat, ich bin der PO von halvdan.