The Knighthood of Kallahorn

General roleplaying - No OOC-posts, please! / Allgemeines Rollenspiel - Bitte keine OOC-Posts!

Moderator: Gamemasters

Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

Take your complaints to the trial Ghorn and keep them off our board. This is not for accusations by already dishonourable people, but for anouncements by the knighthood.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Squire of Kallahorn
Last edited by Dantagon Marescot on Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quinnalin Puideraline

Post by Quinnalin Puideraline »

Foraker wrote:I offer a public challenge to Matholamew Dunsinane. Yesterday he insulted me by saying I have no honor. Then when I challenged him to a duel for his honor. He replied by saying that violence is not the way and refused to duel me in a duel of honor. I called him a coward. I want you, Arameh, to have him abide by the laws you set. Rule number 7 I believe of the Knights of Kallahorn. If he still refuses my duel then I will publicly brand him as a coward. I await your reply.

Sincerely,
Alderman Foraker of Greenbriar
Another piece of parchment has been nailed to the bottom with great force splintering the back of the board and nearly ripping the papers in two.

Foraker-

His honor was in up holding my request for peace since I was present at the time and trying to uphold the rules of MY codex in the druid order. It is your shame for disregarding the request of a woman, and moreso the humble request of a friend. For it is more important to you to squabble like a child than to uphold a request for peace. As far as I can tell, there is no honor in requesting a duel of one whom you know to be weaker than yourself and furthermore trying to embarass him infront of his brethren.

It is not he who is the coward here.

In my eyes you will never again hold honor or the high reverance of a friend.

-Quinnalin
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

You can leave Foraker alone! He is a very nice, and helpful man, who I don't think would hurt ANYBODY unless he had good reason too.

~C.S~
Dantagon Marescot

Page Dren has returned, though it is unsure of weither he is still fit to be a page. I say this not out of dislike or spite, but because his mental condition seems to have deteriorated.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Squire of Kallahorn
Quinnalin Puideraline

nmaguire wrote:You can leave Foraker alone! He is a very nice, and helpful man, who I don't think would hurt ANYBODY unless he had good reason too.

~C.S~
Yes, but he did not have good reason. And I would not have said my piece unless I had good reason.

-Quinnalin
Foraker

Post by Foraker »

Garett Gwenour wrote:It is a Knight who must abide by the seventh rule. If you insult a squire or page being taught by a Knight and challenge them to a duel, it is the Knight who you insult, (as you would be saying he is teaching a coward), and who you would need to duel. I suggest you don't try to duel Arameh however and perhaps try to find a reasonable way to end this problem with Page Mattholamew.

Stephen Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Fine then I accept the duel with Arameh. I have honor and I do not want it to be disrespected. If I must duel him for Matholamew's loose tongue then so be it.

Sincerely,
Alderman Foraker of Greenbriar
Quinnalin Puideraline

I request that the duel between Foraker and Arameh be retracted.

He has apologized to me personally, and has retracted his claims against Matholamew. I wish to do the same and offer a public apology to him for the words i spoke in haste. I wish no further animocity, only peace.

-Quinnalin
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

I would only inform the knighthood, that it is the duty of the squires to train the pages, and the duty of the knights to train the squires (of course they can take pages as well), I would like to ensure this 'principle' is understood by everyone to be certain the knighthood is well organised.
Dantagon Marescot

Lord Arameh,

Could you please state the criteria that we are to teach the pages. As well as what knights should teach the squires. This may clear things up on what we are supposed to do.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Squire of Kallahorn
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

------------------------------------------
What squires should teach to pages :

- Basic overall knowledges that the page might not know, as in to how to find certain items, might it be ressources, equipment, weapons or anything else, any questions the page has should be asked to the squire first.

- Basic training into fighting, helping the page into chosing a weapon to use and showing the page where to train, how to get needed equipment, food and any other things needed.

- Basic teachings about the principles and the rules of the knighthood, to ensure the page will not cause troubles in any ways and will follow the rules, have a little responsibility on him.

- Basic knowledges about trading and ways to gain money, manners and ways to communicate with others, as well as informations about gods and races. (optional)
--------------------------------------------
What knights should teach to squires :

- Advanced training in fighting, tactical fighting in different aspects (which will not be mentioned publicly). The squire must have total control of his weapon of choice before he can ascend to knight.

- Advanced knowledges about the rules and principles of the knighthood must be tought, a squire needs to know all the rules and understand all principles of the knighthood before raising in rank.

- Advanced knowledges about craftmanship, trading and other ways to gain money, the squire needs to have the ability to get his own money before becoming a knight.

- Advanced knowledges about gods and races, the squire has to pass some tests of overall knowledges, manners and communication can also be tought if it is needed.
------------------------------------------

Gil'Dran

Post by Gil'Dran »

My choice still stands, High Knight Arameh, and I am waiting. I can wait a long time, but not forever.

Lord Gil'Dran
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Is it allowed for pages to train/help other pages?
~Skaalib
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Gil Dran, just try to meet me around Trollsbane..we cant seem to meet each others often

Skaalib, of course it is allowed, but it is only optional.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Gildon de Vymont has joined our order as a page today, the man has great intentions and I believe will be a good asset for the knighthood, let us welcome him!

((I would just want to apologise for my recent inactivity, I will be on more often again in 2 weeks or so.))
Dantagon Marescot

Avandane Arenzor has completed his task to join Kallahorn. I have always seen him in Trolls bane and its tavern. I think he will make a worthy page.

-- Dantagon Marescot
-- Squire of Kallahorn
Ragnarock

Post by Ragnarock »

I would like to join the knighthood of Kallahorn.
bathill8

Many thanks, Dantagon

Post by bathill8 »

I would like to humbly thank Sir Dantagon for his request and assistance, for he has far exceded a call to aid a stranger. And if I may say so without diluting the appreciation, I am indebt to Sir Mark Strongarm for his kindness as well. Any recognition into the Knighthood would be greatly appreciated and heavily honoured.

Avandane Arenzor
Brother-in-Arms to the Knighthood of Kallahorn
[/u]
Dantagon Marescot

To the man who asked to join. I would gladdly meet with you and pick a task. But I request that you leave your name as we can not help anyone who is unknown. And Avandane, I promise we will get you sworn in as soon as possible.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Squire of Kallahorn
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Mark has shown many many months of discipline in the Knighthood. He has stayed true to the oath he swore at the start of his career with us. His loyalty has been unwaivering. His bravery never in question, no matter what he stood against. His honor never lost. He has shown initiative and willingness to lead when all others will only follow. This are traits of a Knight to be written about and sung about around fires long after he has passed away.
Thus, Squire Mark Strongarm is hereby known as Knight Mark Strongarm of Kallahorn.

Truly,
Stephen Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
Mark Strongarm

Post by Mark Strongarm »

Greet Page Avandane Arenzor as he has sworn the oath of Kallahorn. Let us wish him well in his upholding our oath and principals.

Mark Strongarm
xEleas

Post by xEleas »

A short silouhette approaches the wall and pins a new parchment.

Mark is a knight now? Oh well.. maybe I might join in to become a page..

The note is signed, then the author stares at the signature for a moment, as he sees someone approach him, he tears off what he can of the signature and runs off

Last edited by xEleas on Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Stephen, I would like to remind you that I have been training Mark since the very beginning, and in such I would have appreciated to raise him as knight myself. I would advise you to raise ONLY those you are in charge of, I thought it was something logical and that you would understand this without need to be told..

Anyway, Mark has completed his full training and was ready to be raised, I myself would have done this in a very soon amount of time, so I would congratulate Mark Strongarm in his new position as a knight, he deserves it to the fullest and I am sure will be up to his position.

Post by Ghost_Archon »

Here Here for Lord Mark.
Congradulations to you.
I say that a celebration is in order.

-Amroth Surion
-Squire of Kallahorn
Skaalib Drurr

Post by Skaalib Drurr »

Indeed, well done lord Mark.
Skaalib
Siegfried Schtauffen
Location: Fending off noobxorxz for 100th top poster position.

Post by Siegfried Schtauffen »

I am quite proud of Mark Strongarm, and I find he is a hard-working and exceptional man. May he lead us to victory over all that dare to harm the citizen's and knights of Kallahorn.

--Lance Dragonwill
Heart of Dragon
xEleas

Post by xEleas »

Just make sure he doesn't get too sentimental about his trainees.

The note is signed, and the author runs off, a dagger pinned to his belt reflects the flickering light of an approaching lantern. Probably a guard taking a walk in the town.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Garett Gwenour wrote:Mark has shown many many months of discipline in the Knighthood. He has stayed true to the oath he swore at the start of his career with us. His loyalty has been unwaivering. His bravery never in question, no matter what he stood against. His honor never lost. He has shown initiative and willingness to lead when all others will only follow. This are traits of a Knight to be written about and sung about around fires long after he has passed away.
Thus, Squire Mark Strongarm is hereby known as Knight Mark Strongarm of Kallahorn.

Truly,
Stephen Rothman
Knight of Kallahorn
eyes widen as she unpins the parchment in order to re-read it. Brushing some hair from her eyes she smiles with excitement and quickly journeys home to Greenbriar.
Noglik

Post by Noglik »

Hello there. I am Joneby Todger and I am interested in joining this knighthood.

Many thanks, Joneby
Dantagon Marescot

Joneby Todger,

Come seek a squire of a knight and we will give you a task. I am normally in trolls bane, sometimes in the tavern. Lord Mark is to be found in Greenbriar. I sometimes see Lord Stephen in trolls bane, but not often. And Amroth, well, I sometimes see him in trolls bane too. If you wish, send one of us a dove and we will try to find a proper time to meet you and discuss.

--Dantagon Marescot
--Squire of Kallahorn
Adano Eles

Post by Adano Eles »

Since we did not recieve any reply to our latest letter we hereby declare:

If we do not recieve a formal explanation for the behaviour of your page Dain Laiden as well as an apology and the goods needed to pay the damaged order property within three weeks ((1 RL-week)) we will declare Dain Laiden an outlaw and criminal on our lands and ban him until we recieved the afore mentioned things.

To pay the two chairs your page damaged the following goods are needed:

4 silver coins
2 hammers
2 saws
20 apple boards
20 nails

In the name of the High Circle of the Grey Rose

Adano Eles
Noble Knight of the Grey Rose
Student of the Great Temple of the Five and Eleven