Momentane Rollenspiel Situation // Current Roleplay Situatio

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

well, the problem seems to be twofold, one that the identifying with the own chars spill over to OOC.
second, that some POs overestimate the importance and rights of their chars.

example:
...Ghorn comes out ... we get told " Go to jail or die". I mean, maybe it was logical for the character 'Ghorn' to do this, but ... I do not see anything wrong with the behaviour of the character Ghorn into this action, but ...

If you dont want troubles, you MUST NOT menace the leaders of one of the most powerful guild of Gobiath, ...
(Arameh, i dont single you out for any reason other, than your post being handy in this thread, others made the same mistake)

must not... the leaders... powerfull guild...

that is wrong. in a situation like that, the leader of the place MUST attack trespassers. whoever they are.

i repeat, there are enough examples for the same type of missconception by other players as well.

i think, the RP of one (or one group of) player should not obligate another (group of) player, to let his char act against his character.

from ingame and from the forums i get the impression, that "old" chars tend to become too inependent.
they simply dont need other chars save as victims or followers.
they can beat most everyone, make their own food and their own weapons....

maybe, a skillcap is worth another thought.
if a good craftsman needs fighters for protection, he will befriend them. if a good fighter needs craftsmen, not to starve or go naked, he will lower his nose some inches.

in one thing the complaints of the dwarves hit right in the bullseye of illarions reason to be.
all my chars are training to fight now. they have to. but i came here to play a farmer, a miner and a carpenter.

the mutual accusations here are peanuts, compared with the fact, that illarion will become the home of fighters and mages, who craft in their freetime between battles.
instead of being a place, where one can play what one is pleased to play.

greets, PO korm
Dantagon Marescot

Post by Dantagon Marescot »

swish1 wrote:THE WHOLE KNIGHTHOOD DOES NOT RP!
Excuse me. I resent that. And I think many people would agree that my rp is much better than yours. Consitering I have been RPing for over 4 years, even if I have only been on Illa for just a few months.

((Forgive me, I have just got back from work, so I would like my say))

I think Dan mentioned that it takes more than just "l33t skillz" to level in the knighthood. And I will honestly admit that as Dantagon isn't as good of a fighter as Skaalib or Amroth, but ended up reaching squire before them.

I could really careless about who started the war OOC. I know OOC that stephen went in and did that. Sure, it isn't good rp. And admit it patic, neither is not allowing Ghorn to be captured after he is beaten up just because Stephen did it. That and a helmet is not a good excuse to not be knocked out by both the blunt end of your own axe used by Richard AND my sword hilt.

I must agree with Damien. The point of this game is to have fun RPing with each other even if you get frusterated from time to time. The thing is this has turned into more of a flame match to see who gets the most sympathy on their side. Fairness = good. We can disagree OOC sometimes, but IG is all that matters IG, not OOC.
Arameh

Post by Arameh »

Korm Kormsen wrote:well, the problem seems to be twofold, one that the identifying with the own chars spill over to OOC.
second, that some POs overestimate the importance and rights of their chars.

example:
...Ghorn comes out ... we get told " Go to jail or die". I mean, maybe it was logical for the character 'Ghorn' to do this, but ... I do not see anything wrong with the behaviour of the character Ghorn into this action, but ...

If you dont want troubles, you MUST NOT menace the leaders of one of the most powerful guild of Gobiath, ...
(Arameh, i dont single you out for any reason other, than your post being handy in this thread, others made the same mistake)

must not... the leaders... powerfull guild...

that is wrong. in a situation like that, the leader of the place MUST attack trespassers. whoever they are.

i repeat, there are enough examples for the same type of missconception by other players as well.

i think, the RP of one (or one group of) player should not obligate another (group of) player, to let his char act against his character.

from ingame and from the forums i get the impression, that "old" chars tend to become too inependent.
they simply dont need other chars save as victims or followers.
they can beat most everyone, make their own food and their own weapons....

maybe, a skillcap is worth another thought.
if a good craftsman needs fighters for protection, he will befriend them. if a good fighter needs craftsmen, not to starve or go naked, he will lower his nose some inches.

in one thing the complaints of the dwarves hit right in the bullseye of illarions reason to be.
all my chars are training to fight now. they have to. but i came here to play a farmer, a miner and a carpenter.

the mutual accusations here are peanuts, compared with the fact, that illarion will become the home of fighters and mages, who craft in their freetime between battles.
instead of being a place, where one can play what one is pleased to play.

greets, PO korm
What is your point? It isnt wrong, what I mean is, if the character did this, wether it be in the character's behaviour or not, its the character's MISTAKE, and if he didnt want war, he woulnt have done that.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

Fooser wrote:I think Swish and Garret need to me in person and have a fight to the death.
He insults my honor, I will have to face him in the ring of fire!
swish1

Post by swish1 »

Garett Gwenour wrote:
Fooser wrote:I think Swish and Garret need to me in person and have a fight to the death.
He insults my honor, I will have to face him in the ring of fire!
Bring it on.
Korm Kormsen

Post by Korm Kormsen »

arameh,

sorry, if i did not express myself good enough.

in RL, somebody armed coming in my house, against my will, i will attack, if i have a weapon.
in a situation like this, a man has to win or go down trying.
the dwarven king is played as a proud character. him not attacking under the circumstances would be a big breach in char behaviour.

and you, expecting him not to attack under the circumstances, just because you are two strong leaders of a strong group is stupid.
and because not just you two, but a lot of players of strong (uber)chars are making this mistake repeatedly, i am thinking about possibilities, to change that.
one would be to put skillcaps.

i hope, that i expressed myself clearer now.

greets,korm
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

It is the players themselves who are willing to quit over a situation they have repeatedly pushed for ingame. That is what Arameh is saying.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Have to agree with swish, theyre a bunch of assholes that don't know what theyre doing
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

What did they do?
Gro'bul

Post by Gro'bul »

What I gathered from this was:
You don't want to roleplay fighters.
You want to roleplay craftsman.
Your character's roles and personalities forces you to become fighters and stand tall against your opponent or die trying, and you have no fun because the way Stephen has acted is forcing your characters to do this because it fits their role.

Play a different character without such restrictive thinking? Oh, I forgot, theres a fricken mine you can get 2000 ores from in a hour. Tough decision - use super awesome mine and be forced to defend it, or mine public mines and be left alone almost entirely spending at least twice as much time travelling to depot.
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

my experience is that silverbrand mining is roughly 4x faster then regular mining, thats for iron alone.. i suspect coal mining would be somewhere around 6 to 8 times.
Caldrion Sternenglanz

Post by Caldrion Sternenglanz »

Okey, now its my turn:

there are different craftsmen. We have one and alf smith, one cook, one or more carpenter, one glassblower, one goldsmith and so one.

We dont all smith and mine for ourself. We want to trade with other chars from other lands. We have cooks, who need grain, brewer, who needs grain, grapes, apples and so on. And this we are roleplaying.

You forgot this?: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... &start=120
and this: http://halik.ha.funpic.de/silver/viewto ... =1805#1805
Garett Gwenour

Post by Garett Gwenour »

But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about, and you have more then 1 and a half smiths because stephen is friends with 3 dwarves of silverbrand whom are all aspiring blacksmiths.
Caldrion Sternenglanz

Post by Caldrion Sternenglanz »

well, i know one smith and some, who wants to be a smith. But we have other roleplayers, who wants to craft something different and only wants to play dwarfes.

But Gro bul is saying, that we want to be dwarfes because we want to become smith and so on.
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Caldrion Sternenglanz wrote:and this is the antagonist.

do you see the difference`?

http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/04050601.html
This game rocks I am already at lvl 16...I could play this all day...i know sad right ROFL

Keep em coming Caldrion
Llama

Post by Llama »

Adrian's suggestion to end this war:

Both parties and anyone else who wants to butt in decide on a date. On this day, they should have a nice normal and fair war, dwarves (and any allies they pick up) VS Kallahorn (and any allies they pick up).

If Kallahorn wins, the mines will be avalable for all to use

If Silverbrand wins, the DMs lock the mine or something using a script or summat (to detect dwarves or whatever), and the mine belongs to Silverbrand alone.

The end.. no more OOC wars, no more anythign else.

Alternative: The two parties agree on dates when they can 'RAID'; the mines, ore is already dug up and placed in an area where it wont rot, and its a quick fight for ore..
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Adrian's suggestion to end this war:

Both parties and anyone else who wants to butt in decide on a date. On this day, they should have a nice normal and fair war, dwarves (and any allies they pick up) VS Kallahorn (and any allies they pick up).

If Kallahorn wins, the mines will be avalable for all to use

If Silverbrand wins, the DMs lock the mine or something using a script or summat (to detect dwarves or whatever), and the mine belongs to Silverbrand alone.

The end.. no more OOC wars, no more anythign else.
Only reason why a mass war like this would not work is because of how laggy the game would get. Especially for the people who do not have high speed connections. I say let the dwarves have their own mine. If Kallahorn wants their own mine then they had best get to digging.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Then we do it the old fashioned way.

Fight to death between the two best warriors, or (to keep a balance) best out of 5 or summat...
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Hehe, thank you for the giggle.

What a load of cods wallop trash... hehe

You cant use the mine if no dwarfs are about? really you cant be serious please. If you say this ill induce a tax in the north, and i want everyone to drop thier 100 coin onto the floor whenever they enter varshikar. Its not my fault that im not online to collect it. Oh and if i am online and you are a known fighter of prestige could you give it to many anyway. I know you can beat me in a fight but i have like 99 guards hidden behind the rock, who would kill you if they existed..

And remember to drop your items whenever you leave town people, there are bandits. its not thier fault they are not online at the time!! But they would be in rl. So if you just drop your items for them it would be only fair.

Did i forget that no villain may ever enter trollsbane because of the guard. Its not thier fault if they are not online, you should be considerate and prentend that they are. Because in real life they would be there.

IVE JUST HAD A THOUGHT!

We can all stop playing, we are no longer needed, our off line selfs can do everything our online selfs can do, so there really isnt any need. Just remind your offline selfs to drop the tax for my off line self. Thx alot all ;] Ill be rich by the end of the week.

Korm come and send these children to bed please.

* rolls his eyes and walks away *
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Aristeaus wrote:Hehe, thank you for the giggle.

What a load of cods wallop trash... hehe

You cant use the mine if no dwarfs are about? really you cant be serious please. If you say this ill induce a tax in the north, and i want everyone to drop thier 100 coin onto the floor whenever they enter varshikar. Its not my fault that im not online to collect it. Oh and if i am online and you are a known fighter of prestige could you give it to many anyway. I know you can beat me in a fight but i have like 99 guards hidden behind the rock, who would kill you if they existed..

And remember to drop your items whenever you leave town people, there are bandits. its not thier fault they are not online at the time!! But they would be in rl. So if you just drop your items for them it would be only fair.

Did i forget that no villain may ever enter trollsbane because of the guard. Its not thier fault if they are not online, you should be considerate and prentend that they are. Because in real life they would be there.

IVE JUST HAD A THOUGHT!

We can all stop playing, we are no longer needed, our off line selfs can do everything our online selfs can do, so there really isnt any need. Just remind your offline selfs to drop the tax for my off line self. Thx alot all ;] Ill be rich by the end of the week.

Korm come and send these children to bed please.

* rolls his eyes and walks away *
You know if people start dropping money in Varshikar I am gone to spend my whole day there just picking it all up. Then when you are on Arist I will blame the fact that there is no money on Ssafar! Sounds like a good plan.
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

But you couldnt as my off line self would see you :)

See flawless plan. And if you did i would report you for bad roleplay ;]
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Welcome to the world of Illarion!

Illarion is a free graphical fantasy game that focuses on roleplaying. This game is about true roleplaying, not that much about levelling up or hunting monsters
With peoples like Stephen we are forced to concentrate on leveling, pushing our fighter skills, or we have to accept getting beaten by every one who concentrates on skilling his char. That is what the complains are about. For players like Stephen just warriors are important. Just a strong warrior can lead Trollsbane, because he has to be able to defend. Just strong warriors can be in any controlle, because they have to be able to kill things. and so on.
We can't concentrate on playing dwarves in a dwarven city, because there are peoples like Stephen who say "If you can't fight, you are weak and have to accept us forcing anything upon you. It is important to train fighting".
Those who wrote their oponions at the beginning dont play this game to be the most strongest warriors. they play for the roleplay, to play their role as a dwarf. They have not the wish to skill up their fighting skills because there are players like po Stephen forcing them to do so.
Llama

Post by Llama »

@ Arist:

I wonder whether it works in RL as well *looks for the girl's bathroom*
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Still crap im afraid sam :/

In pen and papers do you start by being able to destroy the arch villain? no you work towards it. If skills were not meant to be used they would not be implemented in the game. If they were not implemented i would leave as would 90% of the player base i imagine.

ps i may stop playing because i have to build up my magic resistance to resist a mage if one decides to attack me?

I do see your arguement in the fact that Stephen has a habit of being an arse and attacking people who cross him. But he is a villain so what do you expect?

And to counter your arguement what is a town/city/hole in the ground without its own guards/militia it would be bad roleplay. It would be stolen away by halflings in about a minute flat.
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Aristeaus wrote:But you couldnt as my off line self would see you :)

See flawless plan. And if you did i would report you for bad roleplay ;]
I see. Good point you are right. While I am at it why don't you have all my money too!
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Your learning. But dont forget to collect your items from outside the town, your a bandit are you not? And be sure to share them around the other bandits.

And if you see anyone walking the road without dropping items, or self clouding be sure to report them to the GM's for abuse.
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Samantha Meryadeles wrote:
Welcome to the world of Illarion!

Illarion is a free graphical fantasy game that focuses on roleplaying. This game is about true roleplaying, not that much about levelling up or hunting monsters
With peoples like Stephen we are forced to concentrate on leveling, pushing our fighter skills, or we have to accept getting beaten by every one who concentrates on skilling his char. That is what the complains are about. For players like Stephen just warriors are important. Just a strong warrior can lead Trollsbane, because he has to be able to defend. Just strong warriors can be in any controlle, because they have to be able to kill things. and so on.
We can't concentrate on playing dwarves in a dwarven city, because there are peoples like Stephen who say "If you can't fight, you are weak and have to accept us forcing anything upon you. It is important to train fighting".
Those who wrote their oponions at the beginning dont play this game to be the most strongest warriors. they play for the roleplay, to play their role as a dwarf. They have not the wish to skill up their fighting skills because there are players like po Stephen forcing them to do so.
You do not need to be an uber warrior to run a town. Greenbriar was run by Dusty, and now by Rumil. I can pwn them with my weakest fighter easily. Still they are the rulers and no one has taken them over. Maybe it is because they are nice unlike certain other players. A little bit of niceness can go a long way to avoid you getting pwned
Richard Cypher

Post by Richard Cypher »

Aristeaus wrote:Your learning. But dont forget to collect your items from outside the town, your a bandit are you not? And be sure to share them around the other bandits.

And if you see anyone walking the road without dropping items, or self clouding be sure to report them to the GM's for abuse.
Well, I am not a bandit any longer but I feel that for all the times people did not give me those items or coins when I was a bandit I deserve them now to make up for it. It is logical don't you think? Since not giving it to me before was like cheating. I might have to start reporting people if I do not get those things.
Samantha Meryadeles

Post by Samantha Meryadeles »

Maybe it is because they are nice unlike certain other players. A little bit of niceness can go a long way to avoid you getting pwned
You mean being nice as a player would avoid getting attacked ig? Ever heard of the rules concerning ooc and ic? or about dwarven roleplay? Yes, dwarves are known as nice lads sharing beer with human bandits and criminals and laughing about bad jokes together <_<
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

Sammy, just one more note, im late for work. How did silverbrand become what it is.

Through strong fighter characters

Clan of the axe etc.

Small point but im sure you agree.