Kill the Newbie, er Wabbit - Player Killers and Newbies

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nosaj

Kill the Newbie, er Wabbit - Player Killers and Newbies

Post by Nosaj »

First off, Illarion is great.  Second, player killing sucks.
Just got killed because a stronger player didn't feel like moving around me while selling my goods.  Might makes right, but getting people interested requires a bit more tact.  Maybe there should be some restrictions to player killing.  Or, at least no rewards.  Just a thought.
Bror

Kill the Newbie, er Wabbit

Post by Bror »

The player killing in Illarion is relatively new in Illarion (I guess it has something to do with the downtime of tibia...).
There are no rewards right now for player killing.
We'll think about some possibilities to reduce the problem. The first fast approach was to implement a delay between spell casting yesterday evening (when I saw the problem first).
Damien

Post by Damien »

Would make spellcasting even more weak than it is now. Put a relative delay to the spells, so that you can cast small spells quick, but a longer delay to the icebolt spell (field spells need not much delay i guess, think of all the nice fire pictures!) Or reduce the overall damage of weapons (and monsters), to enhance fights and to make it impossible to strike down an opponent with two or three blows (or one) even when you are high skilled, then you may need less hits than a unexperienced one, but not that few. But match armors also :) To prevent player training, an attacking person (without beeing attacked before) could be marked criminal, and one who kills a criminal may not be marked, but perhaps given rewards. Yeah what about bountys ? *g*

When you have repeated killing problems, and i'm online, just #shout for help.
Erdrick

Post by Erdrick »

That might have been me. :)
I tried to move the person by pushing them but it attacked.
Bror, can you change pushing to the Spacebar so this doesn't happen again?
Im sorry to the person I hit. Im not a PK :)
I actually got after Slasher since he is one though.
He killed Bror, which wasnt nice at all.
Bror, aries is on the lookout for him, don't worry...

Erdrick

(Edited by Erdrick at 2:00 am on Mar. 6, 2001)
Bror

Post by Bror »

The tab key can't be combined with other keys (like the ALT, CTRL, SHIFT). But I know the problem and think about it.